• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

On at 7am and couldn't get flight of avatar!

I wonder if some people do the following:
1) Book a 10-day resort vacation.
2) Book your Fast Passes for the last X days of your trip at 60 days (thus giving you the maximum "leg up" against others)
3) Cancel the reservation and make one for the true length of stay you wanted.

Wouldn't you lose your FP+s if you cancelled your vacation? If not, then that's a huge loophole they should fix!

We recently had to shave a day off of our vacation and it was kind of tedious. We couldn't do it online...
Your FPs are automatically cancelled if you out and out cancel your resort reservation more than 30 days before the trip. However, as you noted, you can try calling in to modify the dates.

You can cancel less than 30 days out & keep your FPs, but by then probably no resort discounts would be available, & there would be very limited resort availability in general...

Last edited:
Im so frustrated. I made the mistake of not doing it first and it was gone at 7:03. Will they release anymore times? Does anyone know how long the wait is if you get there at rope drop?
Thanks!

I feel your pain! I also got up at 5:45am (our time) and made my FP+ reservations, but I was so tired and all the Avatar names were sounding the same to my coffeeless brain that I accidentally made 2 separate Na'vi River ride reservations on 2 days, and didn't make one for Flight of Passage! And, of course, I didn't notice it until like a week later when, of course again, there were no more FOP FP+s to be had.

So I started looking and looking and checking FP+ times and availability on MDE and all of a sudden, a block of times between 8pm and 9pm opened up! I grabbed one, even though it's not on the night I wanted but guess what? It's the night I wanted now!! :rotfl:I figure its easier to change our ADRs for that night then to tempt fate with our FP+s!!

Im so frustrated. I made the mistake of not doing it first and it was gone at 7:03.
Same thing happened to me. Honestly, I'm not going to sweat it. Plan on being there at around 6:45 or so for a 8:00 park opening and hoping to rope drop it.

I got one at 30 days out a couple weeks ago after only refreshing twice at 7:00 AM.
But I might have had to sacrifice a few chickens the night before in order to make it happen.

Hey - sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. :teeth:

I wonder if some people do the following:
1) Book a 10-day resort vacation.
2) Book your Fast Passes for the last X days of your trip at 60 days (thus giving you the maximum "leg up" against others)
3) Cancel the reservation and make one for the true length of stay you wanted.

Wouldn't you lose your FP+s if you cancelled your vacation? If not, then that's a huge loophole they should fix!

I believe it has been fixed. When you cancel a reservation this warning shows "FastPass+ selections associated with this reservation have been canceled." It also reminds you that dining and other reservations are not canceled so you have to cancel them if you don't want to keep them.

I got one at 30 days out a couple weeks ago after only refreshing twice at 7:00 AM.
But I might have had to sacrifice a few chickens the night before in order to make it happen.
How exactly do you refresh? I've heard of that but don't know how.

I believe it has been fixed. When you cancel a reservation this warning shows "FastPass+ selections associated with this reservation have been canceled." It also reminds you that dining and other reservations are not canceled so you have to cancel them if you don't want to keep them.
I've read that if you cancel within 30 days (since you could have made those without a resort reservation anyway) .. the Fast Passes remain. But that could have changed.

I am sure there are people who make reservations and cancel them altogether to get 60-day Fast Passes and new Magic Bands for free while intending to stay offsite the entire time.

The fact remains .. I am sure there are people that "abuse" the system (just like people were abusing the same day fast pass thing (with multiple MDE accounts)) BECAUSE demand for certain things are so high they feel they are almost unattainable without doing that.

Because there are tons of people who legitimately take 7+ day resort vacations, there will always be a chance certain Fast Passes are "sold out" when your 60 days comes up.

I would bet that once the EMH at night for Pandora ends that Disney will soon offer a "Early Morning Magic" for Animal Kingdom that gives access to Pandora, a breakfast and unlimited rides on the two attractions (similar to the one they do at MK) before the park opens for the general public. It seems like easy money and people would line up for that considering the difficulty in getting Fast Passes and long Standby lines.

(and I would gather they will have the same thing for Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land).

I have a short 3 day trip in August. Logged on right at 7am and couldn't get anything... so I feel your pain. We just plan to hit it friday night as our last right during extra magic hours. Hopefully the wait wont be too long!!!!!

I would just keep checking back all the time. I'm waiting for a dinning reservation and I just check back a few times a day on the App.

We had a 14 day trip and only was able to get one the entire time.
It is tough. I opted not to do rope drop as the mob going to Pandora was insane.

We did a late night wait once. Posted time was 75 but we were on in 40.

Good Luck!

That was during evening magic hours?

I could not get FoP FP at my 60 day time. Is 7 AM the only time new FPs show up, or can they show up anytime. Needless to say I was disappointed.

We are DVC members at the day of our preview FOP was down for our FP time, and we had to leave the park because we were on DCL Transatlantic cruise. So we've missed two opportunities!

This is a bit offtopic :offtopic: but anyone know what happened to the FP cancellation thread that used to be stickied on here?

I could not get FoP FP at my 60 day time. Is 7 AM the only time new FPs show up, or can they show up anytime. Needless to say I was disappointed.

We are DVC members at the day of our preview FOP was down for our FP time, and we had to leave the park because we were on DCL Transatlantic cruise. So we've missed two opportunities!

They can show up anytime, but only as a result of someone else changing their plans. You will have to check regularly to have any chance at all.

Is that warning only if you're more than 30 days out from your trip?

I would bet that once the EMH at night for Pandora ends that Disney will soon offer a "Early Morning Magic" for Animal Kingdom that gives access to Pandora, a breakfast and unlimited rides on the two attractions (similar to the one they do at MK) before the park opens for the general public. It seems like easy money and people would line up for that considering the difficulty in getting Fast Passes and long Standby lines.

(and I would gather they will have the same thing for Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land).

Interesting! Hate to give any ideas, but they could legitimately charge hundreds of dollars for a few exclusive hours in the new Star Wars section on opening week, and whatever the price, people are sure to pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter