On at 7am and couldn't get flight of avatar!

Beth Pagan

Betty Anne
Im so frustrated. I made the mistake of not doing it first and it was gone at 7:03. Will they release anymore times? Does anyone know how long the wait is if you get there at rope drop?
Thanks!

Im so frustrated. I made the mistake of not doing it first and it was gone at 7:03.
1. Will they release anymore times?
2. Does anyone know how long the wait is if you get there at rope drop?
Thanks!
I'll assume that you're asking about FP+.
1. Nope.
2. Varies from 1 minute to 1 hour, depending on, well, everything.

The reality is that there will be many guests who booked the FP+ that will change their
minds and drop them. The trick is to just keep checking and re-checking (and being very lucky.)

We had a 14 day trip and only was able to get one the entire time.
It is tough. I opted not to do rope drop as the mob going to Pandora was insane.

We did a late night wait once. Posted time was 75 but we were on in 40.

Good Luck!

Are you at your 60 day window or 30 day? As others have said the line is not usually as long as the posted time. As a plus, the cue is amazing and well air conditioned once you get inside the mountain.

Im so frustrated. I made the mistake of not doing it first and it was gone at 7:03. Will they release anymore times? Does anyone know how long the wait is if you get there at rope drop?
Thanks!

What day of your trip were you looking at?

If you read the main Pandora thread there is a lot of posts about FP availability for FoP - based on that, people who log on at 60 days tend to find that there is nothing available until about day 3 or 4 of their trip ... so the best advice is to log on right at 60 days but look for later in your trip

I booked FOP 60 days out exactly at 7am for days 2 and 5 of our trip. Our trip was in June.

Are you at your 60 day window or 30 day? As others have said the line is not usually as long as the posted time. As a plus, the cue is amazing and well air conditioned once you get inside the mountain.
The day I had hoped to book was August 29th. We arrive August 28th. I was able to get Saturday September 2 at 1pm but we are leaving for airport and that will make it very tight to get back to Boardwalk. I'll check the other posts to see what the standby time is.

I'll assume that you're asking about FP+.
1. Nope.
2. Varies from 1 minute to 1 hour, depending on, well, everything.

The reality is that there will be many guests who booked the FP+ that will change their
minds and drop them. The trick is to just keep checking and re-checking (and being very lucky.)
Thanks! I will keep checking.

I booked FOP 60 days out exactly at 7am for days 2 and 5 of our trip. Our trip was in June.
I know. I booked our first day first and that was a mistake. We have the dining plan with reservations so my days were kind of set for each park. Hope you have a great time!!

Don't give up. We decided just a few weeks ago to go to AK in early July. Naturally, there was nothing for FoP. Then all of a sudden an evening 6:55 - 7:55 popped up 2 days ago and I grabbed it. I keep checking back hoping to move it to the morning or early afternoon, but I will take what I got! I have noticed that the Na'vi River Journey has tons of openings available now, where before it showed booked solid. :confused3

For future reference, from the FP FAQ:
- Attractions listed here are the most difficult to get. Onsite guests can expect limited availability even at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests are unlikely to get much availability (if at all) at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days in advance may require frequent monitoring of FP availability via the MDX app or website. Same-day FPs are most unlikely, but possible with constant monitoring via MDX.
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (Magic Kingdom)
  • Frozen Ever After (Epcot)
  • Avatar Flight Of Passage (Animal Kingdom)

For FOP specifically, there is almost no room for error these days.

Thanks!

If you decide to rope drop it, remember if "get there at rope drop" to you means getting there at 8:45 for a 9 AM rope drop, you will probably wait a long time. If you get there before 8 for a 9 AM rope drop, you will probably have a short wait. There is a blog post on easywdw where he rope dropped FOP June 11. He was there at 6:35 for a 8 AM rope drop. They were let in the park at 7:17 and on the ride before 8. Things may change by end of August, but just something to consider.

The day I had hoped to book was August 29th. We arrive August 28th. I was able to get Saturday September 2 at 1pm but we are leaving for airport and that will make it very tight to get back to Boardwalk. I'll check the other posts to see what the standby time is.

We're there at the same time, also staying at the Boardwalk, coincidentally. I have FOP passes (I booked on Tuesday) for the morning of Friday September 1st - and was checking an hour ago seeing if I could modify them - and when I did there were still passes left for that evening. Don't know if that fits your plans, or if they're still available, but just in case...

If you decide to rope drop it, remember if "get there at rope drop" to you means getting there at 8:45 for a 9 AM rope drop, you will probably wait a long time. If you get there before 8 for a 9 AM rope drop, you will probably have a short wait. There is a blog post on easywdw where he rope dropped FOP June 11. He was there at 6:35 for a 8 AM rope drop. They were let in the park at 7:17 and on the ride before 8. Things may change by end of August, but just something to consider.

Yep - my anectodal experience: My son and I got there one morning first week of June at 7:45 a.m. for 8:00 a.m. opening. Thought we were golden with, what we assumed, would be a 1 hour wait. Nope - it was already 2 hours down the bridge and over to where Festival of the Lion King is located. We declined to wait and decided to take advantage of the "empty" park for other fun things.

For future reference, from the FP FAQ:

For FOP specifically, there is almost no room for error these days.

Amazing. We hit our 60 day point in mid April and didn't get the exact time but just swapped our Everest time. I was curious about the popularity and checked availability for a couple of weeks. There was availability, later at night, for over a week.

Disney's marketing machine must have kicked in.

The system is just frustrating.

The expectation is if I log in at the first possible second of when I can make FPs I shouldn't find ANYTHING sold out.
The issue that people forget (or don't realize) is that if you are making a FP for Day 1 of your trip that there is a lot of people who already booked their FPs for those same days 1-9 days ago.

I wonder if some people do the following:
1) Book a 10-day resort vacation.
2) Book your Fast Passes for the last X days of your trip at 60 days (thus giving you the maximum "leg up" against others)
3) Cancel the reservation and make one for the true length of stay you wanted.

I just think that giving an "advantage" to people who book longer vacations just make things frustrating to those who are logging in first thing at their 60 day window and not finding all the options they expected.

The only solution though would be equally annoying - having to book fast passes for every day of your trip at 60 days out .. but to me that would make it equal for all.

Amazing. We hit our 60 day point in mid April and didn't get the exact time but just swapped our Everest time. I was curious about the popularity and checked availability for a couple of weeks. There was availability, later at night, for over a week.

Disney's marketing machine must have kicked in.
I am sure it has .. I saw a special on Animal Planet that was just a 1 hour promotion video for all of Animal Kingdom :)

I wonder if some people do the following:
1) Book a 10-day resort vacation.
2) Book your Fast Passes for the last X days of your trip at 60 days (thus giving you the maximum "leg up" against others)
3) Cancel the reservation and make one for the true length of stay you wanted.

Wouldn't you lose your FP+s if you cancelled your vacation? If not, then that's a huge loophole they should fix!

We recently had to shave a day off of our vacation and it was kind of tedious. We couldn't do it online, the system wanted to cancel our trip and start from square one, so we had to call and do it in person and even then it took about 20 minutes and we had to wait 24 hours for a confirmation email saying we could do it, but keep our room discount. Hmm, I wonder if people abused the system? :sad2:

Thanks!
Don't feel bad. A lot of people have reported being unable to book them even though they tried the very first moment they were able, because their trip wasn't long enough. I'll assume you're staying onsite & trying at 60 days (no one really has a chance at 30 days, btw). Because FP+ is so hard to get even for those staying onsite, Disney has created nightly EMH at Animal Kingdom this midsummer just for Pandora. Given the demand, it seems likely those EMH will eventually be extended into late August and September, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter