OKW buildings 30-33 are occupied as of today!

Thank you for the info! The million dollar question for me -is what is next - as we head down in August.

The original beds in the Studios were wood frame with box springs and mattress, then with the last refurbishment, they went to the sealed frame under the bed, and now they are back to a wood frame, with no box springs. And while comfortable, I was always bruising myself on the corners of the original beds. Probably will do the same with these.

Back to having to check for snakes and monsters under the beds.

Looks more like the Contemporary. They kept that gawdawful coffee table and the painted dining room table. And the chairs for the table are the same. I thought this was a 100% renovation? Tub looks the same. Laundry room is the same. Sofa looks awful.

I'm in Bldg 35 right now in a studio and the chairs are identical.

We need the dimensions for the cubbies in the bathroom. Will have to bring a basket to simulate a drawer.

Another "unofficial" rehab report.

Just got back and we had engineering in to fix the sofa bed, one worked on some of the rehab so we asked a few questions:
  • the whirlpools are staying but being redesigned for easier maintenance purposes
  • the pedestal sink being replaced with a counter-top setup
  • shower stall changing to one with double glass doors (he didn't consider it "kid friendly")
  • all new tile in bathrooms
  • king is staying
  • 2 queens are staying
  • roman shades are staying (yuk)
  • improved kitchen lighting
  • ceiling fans are staying, maybe switched out with newer models
  • tall bureau in king room going - same size tvs in bedrooms
  • larger tv in living room with redesigned kitchen island counter (as pictured)
He wasn't sure about the kitchen table and had no info on theme. I forgot to ask about the laundry room.

A little off topic... but jelly that they get to keep their whirlpool tubs and we lost ours at beach club!

Are 30-33 still the only buildings that are finished?

Any updates with photos?

Is the turtle pond pool renovation started and/ or completed yet? Thanks :) not coming until August but keeping an eye on things round there as requested it on my booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter