OK, but who is Tony Hinds?

How much was the Lyft from MCO to disney?
Sorry for late response … for a car for 4 adults and luggage we spent 66.00 to all Star movies and then 41.00 back to the airport. I assume it matters time and day of travel. I will do it again next time we travel.. for myself it was less stress

Sorry for late response … for a car for 4 adults and luggage we spent 66.00 to all Star movies and then 41.00 back to the airport. I assume it matters time and day of travel. I will do it again next time we travel.. for myself it was less stress
Thanks!

Just adding my experience from today.
I texted Tony on Thursday for a confirmation that our ride was scheduled and he responded it was. His response text took 2 hours. No problem, obviously it was not time-sensitive.
Texted this morning from the airport asking who our driver would be. He resonded immediately that it would be him. He told us to text him what number we were standing by outside the luggage collection area. We texted and he was there in about 5 minutes. Stopped at Publix (LOVE the included grocery stop), then to CBBR. Tony is a very nice guy and it was another great experience.

I live in the south and buy all my food needs with Publix
Their meats and fresh foods are a step above from grocery stores in the north.

I talked to Tony on the phone during my booking/cancellation. He is obviously a very nice person. I think that when things get busy, details get confused/dropped. And response time is not always as prompt as you would like it to be.

If you use him and everything goes well I think it can be a great experience. If you use him and the ball gets dropped for whatever reason, it can be very frustrating. ymmv

ps we did not get a call the day before our trip confirming pickup as others have. We thought we had cancelled the entire booking, but he only cancelled the drop off half. Understandable as people make mistakes, but multiple missed details can add up to a bad experience. If we had had a call the day prior confirming, we would have been able to notify the driver who showed up at MCO later that we wanted the entire trip cancelled.

I’m happy to hear of this positive experience also. The positive recommendations were the reason I booked Tony and was disturbed with all the negative comments. My flight is May 29 and will report back after we arrive.

I texted Tony yesterday to confirm our pickup at MCO today. I heard back from him immediately because in my text I had accidentally texted that we had 4 people with 4 bags and 4 carry on bags (each)!! He wanted to make sure we didn’t have 32 bags! I told him I should have proofread my text! Anyway, he confirmed our pickup. We received a text from our driver, Riland, shortly after we landed today. I texted him after we had our bags & he instructed us to meet him at Level 1 at a certain number, which was different than what Tony had said about exiting at baggage claim. But he was on time, and got us quickly to Portofino. Excellent service.

Tony picked us up from the airport yesterday and everything went perfectly. Super nice guy too. I'm very happy with the service so far. He'll be transferring us to Universal on Wednesday and taking us back to the airport on Saturday so I'll update further.

Uber XL MCO to POFQ was $80.06.
I checked while I was waiting for Tony. That was 846a a few weeks ago.
When it gets busy, the prices can fluctuate wildly. If you request an estimate 1-10 minutes later, the price will come down. Don't accept the first price you see if you think it's 'too high'. I suggest looking at prices in your time frame, on your day of the week arrival, multiple times, to get a sense of what the ride should cost. In general, Lyft seems cheaper than Uber.

When it gets busy, the prices can fluctuate wildly. If you request an estimate 1-10 minutes later, the price will come down. Don't accept the first price you see if you think it's 'too high'. I suggest looking at prices in your time frame, on your day of the week arrival, multiple times, to get a sense of what the ride should cost. In general, Lyft seems cheaper than Uber.
The question is how long am I willing to wait, with my luggage at baggage claim, for ride share prices to come down.

The question is how long am I willing to wait, with my luggage at baggage claim, for ride share prices to come down.
Often it's just a few minutes. I've been looking at a midwest destination and the prices vary a lot in a short time period. I really doubt you will have to wait hours, even an hour. Also try estimating for Lyft.

And I would go get your luggage at baggage claim before you request a ride, so you are ready and waiting when your driver arrives. They don't want to wait for you to retrieve your luggage.

Another thing is time of arrival: if you arrive really early (before 6am) or really late (after 11pm) there will be less drivers, possibly increasing prices. In those cases, I would book a reserved driver. If you are arriving from 7-9pm I can't see there being a problem getting a fair rate as there are lots of drivers around. Randomly check at the time and day of the week you will arrive.

Last edited:
I texted Tony yesterday to confirm our pickup at MCO today. I heard back from him immediately because in my text I had accidentally texted that we had 4 people with 4 bags and 4 carry on bags (each)!! He wanted to make sure we didn’t have 32 bags! I told him I should have proofread my text! Anyway, he confirmed our pickup. We received a text from our driver, Riland, shortly after we landed today. I texted him after we had our bags & he instructed us to meet him at Level 1 at a certain number, which was different than what Tony had said about exiting at baggage claim. But he was on time, and got us quickly to Portofino. Excellent service.

We had scheduled to be picked up at Portofino to return to MCO on Saturday morning at 6:45 a.m. One of Tony's drivers was there promptly at 6:40 a.m. We had no issues using Tony's drivers. I would use them again.

Uber XL MCO to POFQ was $80.06.
I checked while I was waiting for Tony. That was 846a a few weeks ago.
When I arrived on 4/3 I checked Uber at 8:55 am and ride from MCO to CSR was $63 I waited until 9:20 am and checked again and price had dropped to $36.

So on our return trip to MCO on 6/5, Tony was our driver again. He was about 10 minutes early. We were ready to go. He is very personable. Fun to talk to. I asked if he has been busy lately and he said very. He said spring break this year, it was like Christmas every day. Also he said the long term parking lots around MCO are full these days.

I was beginning to think I was the only person in the world that had a bad experience with Tony's service. We have used a couple of different car services over the years and after reading so many rave reviews we booked one of Tony's vans for a family trip a few years back. It turned out to be an absolute disaster and was life threatening. I'm pretty sure I posted it somewhere here on the boards before so I'll just do a brief explanation here.

Booking was fine but our Southwest flight was delayed several times and we arrived after dark. A friendly driver was there waiting for us and we asked to stop at a store on the way. I sat in the back seat but did notice that a few cars flashed their high beams at us, but thought nothing of it, maybe an accident ahead. My niece and I went into the store while my husband stayed out in the van. He told me later that the driver had the hood of the van up and was very nervous acting. He helped us back into the van and we headed to our Disney resort. The driver missed the entrance to the resort and slammed on the brakes and backed up to the drive. All very strange except when he pulled away my husband mentioned to me that he was driving without head lights!! It seems the entire way the head lights were flickering off and on and stayed off for long periods why he drove!!

The driver never offered to pull over or mentioned the issue to us at all and my husband wasn't sure until we missed the driveway and then when the driver pulled away with nothing more than his running lights. I called Tony who at first didn't believe me but after speaking with his driver called back and apologized. He sent another company to bring us back to the airport. I will never use him again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter