OK, but who is Tony Hinds?

So I just booked for October and his new google form and email says he needs payment 48hr ahead. That is different than my last trip in February. I asked him if he still accepts cash and will reply here with what he says. I wonder if he has had issues with nonpayment recently. Credit card is definitely more convenient for me as I don’t have Zelle which is his other listed payment option
Thanks for that update. I haven't received a form from him yet, still waiting for his reply now that I've accepted his quote.

Wanted to get a bit of advice from anyone who has worked with Tony before.

I messaged him several weeks ago about a quote for a September trip of ours. He gave me a quote, but anyone who travels Southwest knows that they delayed releasing flights. So, I told him that once we get our flights booked, I would let him know. Part of the issue was that it is an extended family trip, and I wasn't sure if all of us would be arriving/departing on the same flight/around the same time. He was always very quick to respond.

Last week, flights came out, and I sent him an email on Friday about going forward with the booking. He replied relatively quickly, asking for all the information. So I sent him the number of people, the flight numbers, the to/from information. And I haven't heard anything since. I emailed him on Friday. But, figured he may be quite busy over the weekend, so wasn't TOO worried to not hear from him.

But...I still haven't heard anything from him. So I followed up on Wednesday, just checking in to make sure he got my email, and to ask if he will send an invoice or a link, to see how he handles the payment part of it. I still haven't heard anything.

I thought of calling/texting, but I didn't want to be a pest. I know that we have several months, but...I want to make sure we are locked in and on the books...one less thing to worry about, anyway.

Am I overreacting? How long should I wait before reaching out again?

With your trip being 5 months away, I would not worry about it

But if you are worried he has not received your current messages, give him a call

I book Tony many months out and get a heads up from him about the week I travel to Orlando.

Do what makes you think is best.

If you are a first time customer with him, I’m sure you just want to know you both are on the same page.

I do have his cell # listed in one of the threads that is about him

I just finished our trip using Tony Hinds service and it was wonderful! I wrote to him and he replied back quickly and quoted me price and I accepted. i booked really soon to my trip too. I originally planned to use Tiffany car but they were booked up so I contacted him in late March for an early April trip and he was available!

I also never heard from him after the initial quote I but reached out a few days before flight to confirm, and he replied quickly and said I could pay in cash which I did. Unfortunately, our first flight was canceled the morning of take off and rebooked the following day but Tony and his team were on it and very accommodating and understanding! They arranged everything with us for the new flight and we did Publix pick up seamlessly. It was very easy and so nice. Our driver met us in baggage claim with a sign and it couldn’t have been more pleasant. Met us today to take us back right in time. I will use this service again and encourage others too as well!

With your trip being 5 months away, I would not worry about it

But if you are worried he has not received your current messages, give him a call

I book Tony many months out and get a heads up from him about the week I travel to Orlando.

Do what makes you think is best.

If you are a first time customer with him, I’m sure you just want to know you both are on the same page.

I do have his cell # listed in one of the threads that is about him

Thanks!

I guess my worry is without having something in writing, and with the way gas is going, we might get to a week ahead of time, and the price is 25% higher or something.

But, even without the gas prices and what not, I am just a planner so...always like being planned ahead. (I am one of those people that thoroughly enjoyed the old FP system, because it meant we could sort of plan our day ahead of time)

I just don't want to be an annoyance. Maybe I will give it a few more days, and then I will text or call if I don't hear anything.

I messaged him several weeks ago about a quote for a September trip of ours. He gave me a quote, but anyone who travels Southwest knows that they delayed releasing flights.

How can you book now? Won't Southwest change your flight times between now and September? Would be a miracle if they kept the same flight times as you booked.

I just finished our trip using Tony Hinds service and it was wonderful! I wrote to him and he replied back quickly and quoted me price and I accepted. i booked really soon to my trip too. I originally planned to use Tiffany car but they were booked up so I contacted him in late March for an early April trip and he was available!

I also never heard from him after the initial quote I but reached out a few days before flight to confirm, and he replied quickly and said I could pay in cash which I did. Unfortunately, our first flight was canceled the morning of take off and rebooked the following day but Tony and his team were on it and very accommodating and understanding! They arranged everything with us for the new flight and we did Publix pick up seamlessly. It was very easy and so nice. Our driver met us in baggage claim with a sign and it couldn’t have been more pleasant. Met us today to take us back right in time. I will use this service again and encourage others too as well!
Did you tip on the whole trip up front or only half and the balance of the tip on departure?

We always pay in cash on our first pick up of the trip but tip each driver individually on each leg of our trip.

Did you tip on the whole trip up front or only half and the balance of the tip on departure?

We always tip each driver individually on each leg of the trip.
We paid in cash at initial dropoff and tipped the driver separately on each leg. That was in January of this year.

BTW we were told in January that Tony had a website in development that would be able to handle bookings. Hopefully it will be ready soon!

So we used Tony for 2 trips so far. Both to Universal. Of the four trip "legs" we only have had Tony himself for one. He was great and the other 3 drivers were as well.
On our first trip, we stopped at Publix. We did not order ahead, we went in. They are fine with that as long as it is 20 minutes or less.
On our trip last month, we had a late flight, landing at 1 AM. I asked if it would be possible to stop at the 24 hour Walgreens near Universal and he was willing to do that. Worked well.
It really is great to know you have a driver lined up that will be there promptly and have an appropriate vehicle for your group/luggage situation.

In 2018, we booked Tony because of the reviews here. A few months after that trip, we were cleaning out some old boxes of pictures and mementos. In the box was a card with Tony's name on it that my husband got from a hotel front desk in 1994. He had asked the hotel for a recommendation on how to get back to the airport! I thought that was such a crazy coincidence.
Could you print a photo copy of that business card ?
Would help me to remember for family’s next visit.
plus I’m keeping Tonys cell phone # in previous post ! Guess he doesn’t need online presence.
Apparently word of mouth keeps his business busy.
Before Disney started Magic Express I had a favorite driver that would work day/night shift with his room-mate friend and same Van. They would get lots of business back then because they were smart to always have car seats and most drivers did not !
Magic Express hurt many local drivers business back then .
Would be funny to learn I had used Tony back in the day

We had same driver both ways but I tipped $25 on first leg and $20 going back. Round trip was $160 price for us. I tipped extra because Mike our driver was awesome and helped with all grocery bags into and out of car

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter