Official Wine & Dine 2014

Thank you everyone for the information! I was reading up on the official rundisney site, and I know they had mentioned they would like you to have proof of time at registration, I was just wondering if anyone had had success sending the proof after registering and having their corral changed? The race I am using isn't until May, and I was just concerned that I would not be able to get a corral change if I did not submit proof at registration. Thanks again for all the helpful information! :goodvibes

I was able to get mine changed for something i forgot.. maybe dumbo or idk.. anyway, they confirmed corral change before the cut off time and everything was good to go. when i got to the expo, everything was as planned, so i was happy. :)

Thank you everyone for the information! I was reading up on the official rundisney site, and I know they had mentioned they would like you to have proof of time at registration, I was just wondering if anyone had had success sending the proof after registering and having their corral changed? The race I am using isn't until May, and I was just concerned that I would not be able to get a corral change if I did not submit proof at registration. Thanks again for all the helpful information! :goodvibes

Yep, it's super easy! I did it this past year for marathon weekend, since I got a pretty significant PR in May, after I'd registered. There's an email address on the run Disney page that you email, and they shod get back to you in a day or two, saying they've updated your registration info. You just have to make sure you email before the proof of time deadline, which is different for each race.

When does everyone plan on starting to train specifically for the W&D? Are you going to follow a training plan or anything formal? Other than the obligatory Pluto stop in AK, I don't plan on stopping for anything except the water stops. I'm going for a Disney PR if it kills me this time! :woohoo:
I am taking a different approach this year, since I think my days of pr'ing are long over. I am just keeping a high level of overall fitness, and then probably in August will start adding serious long runs back in.

So yesterday I did 38 min on the elliptical, 35 min on the AMT, 40 min slow running, and 20 min of walking.

I think at this point it wouldn't take much effort to complete a half, though I know my time wouldn't be great. :)

i will be signing up for this when registration opens. it's the 5th anniversary this year so that medal better change!!
There was a new medal this year, so I don't know if they will change up again this year, but who knows?

I hope they do a different ribbon for the legacy runners.:goodvibes

Yep, it's super easy! I did it this past year for marathon weekend, since I got a pretty significant PR in May, after I'd registered. There's an email address on the run Disney page that you email, and they shod get back to you in a day or two, saying they've updated your registration info. You just have to make sure you email before the proof of time deadline, which is different for each race.

For anyone who is new to rundisney--just to reiterate...they have gotten very strict about the deadline. If you missed it for marathon weekend you were out of luck. :goodvibes

I am about to order our Annual Passes!:cheer2:

I know in the past I was able to login on the Passholder Website with the vouchers until we activated our passes. So I should be able to do the early passholder registration for the Wine and Dine. Correct?

Hi all! :wave: I'm new (very new) to running. I actually never considered running until after I saw people with their shiny medals at the last marathon weekend in the World. I've decided to train for the W&D Half, and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you!

Hi all! :wave: I'm new (very new) to running. I actually never considered running until after I saw people with their shiny medals at the last marathon weekend in the World. I've decided to train for the W&D Half, and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you!

Welcome! Word of warning runDisney is extremely addicting! Already have plans out to 2016!

Welcome! Word of warning runDisney is extremely addicting! Already have plans out to 2016!

Yeah... I've figured that out! I'm using the runkeeper app to track how fast/far I'm going, and I'm doing better than I thought I would, considering I haven't really run in a few years, and it's been an average of 25 degrees when I'm outside. I hope it gets easier when it gets warmer?

I am somewhat new to running, but not the DIS (I've been lurking for years) and was wondering how fast W&D sells out. I'm doing my first half in May. Registration for it sold out in under 12 hours. Does W&D sell out that fast too?

Good question! I'd like to know if Wine & Dine sells out quickly. I'll be at work when registration opens. Wanting to know if I should bring my laptop to work or become :sick: that morning lol

I'll 2nd that! Completed my first Wine & Dine last fall, and I wasn't even home yet before I was anxiously awaiting the next! Disney does it up right... the combination of spectacle and personal achievement is hard to beat! :)

When does everyone plan on starting to train specifically for the W&D? Are you going to follow a training plan or anything formal?
See below...
I am taking a different approach this year, since I think my days of pr'ing are long over. I am just keeping a high level of overall fitness, and then probably in August will start adding serious long runs back in.
I'm going with a similar approach. My body has just fallen apart from distance training over the brutally hot summer here, prepping for TOT the last two years, so I'm NOT doing that this year. I'm focusing on speed at shorter distances through the hot months and I'll start adding mileage in Sept, probably. W&D will be a strictly fun race for me though; no time goal at all.

About registration... Based on the last few races, I think it's safe to expect a fast sell-out on this one. I think we'll probably have a day or two, but I wouldn't wait longer than that if you really want in!

Based on the last few races, I think it's safe to expect a fast sell-out on this one. I think we'll probably have a day or two, but I wouldn't wait longer than that if you really want in!

Thanks for the info. I will be anxiously awaiting open registration.

I did not register for W&D 2013 until May 4th. I believe I waited for it to get close to 90% and then bit the bullet. I googled it and found an article that said registration opened March 12th in 2013

Anyhow, historically this has not been one of those races that fills immediately. I think for many, many people it is a one and done race. I love running at night, but I don't think it is for everyone.

So while I think it will probably fill up faster than last year, I don't know that it will be an overnight thing.

I will not be one of those people sitting by the computer waiting to register. If it sells out, so be it. But hopefully we will have a couple of days at least to register. :)

Just my 2 cents.:goodvibes

I registered in mid-April last year and I think it was in the 60-70s I want to say of filling it up. I don't think it filled up until June.

But keep in mind how fast each race fills up varies every year. The first year I did Princess (2012) I registered in January and it was at 98. It didn't fill up completely until about two weeks before the race.

The last two years however? 2013 I think it filled up in about a month or two, same with 2014 but I maybe off.

I have no clue how fast this race will fill this year but depending on the word I am given when registration starts I am going to be keeping a close eye on the fill bar if I don't register immediately.

I want to do this. I'm SUCH a beginning runner. I've been doing Couch to 5K for a while. (Started last fall but then tweaked my knee because I didn't give myself resting days. Ever. Bad idea.) I started back after Christmas and I'm in about week 4. It's going well. I HATE running on the treadmill, so I get bored with running but I think I'd be less so outside. So. Am I crazy to consider this? (Background info: I'm 44--well, 45 in a week. I'm small (5'1") and pretty slim. I'm a fairly active person, but I'm not "toned." I am thin but not in shape if that makes any sense.) Am I being unrealistic, do you think? Some friends and I have already decided to come and do the 5K, but I want to do the 1/2. I think I can, I think I can...

I am about to order our Annual Passes!:cheer2:

I know in the past I was able to login on the Passholder Website with the vouchers until we activated our passes. So I should be able to do the early passholder registration for the Wine and Dine. Correct?
Oh, there's an early Passholder registration? I did not know this! I'm a passholder--any idea when that would be?

But keep in mind how fast each race fills up varies every year.
^ This, exactly - it's just crazy how quickly races are selling out lately! EEC was done in what - less than a day? Two days? That's one that didn't used to fill for months. I highly recommend folks who really want to get into W&D not wait, or be prepared to act fast when those percentages start going up.

Am I being unrealistic, do you think?
No eve remotely unrealistic! Many, many folks go from zero running to a half marathon, so you're already ahead of the game. Find a good training plan and it'll get you across that finish :thumbsup2 You can find Jeff Galloway's 2013 W&D plan at http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/ewwos/pdf/rundisney/training-programs/2014/WnD13_Beg.pdf - just plot the plan on 2014 dates.

Oh, there's an early Passholder registration? I did not know this! I'm a passholder--any idea when that would be?
Yep, Feb. 26! :thumbsup2

^ This, exactly - it's just crazy how quickly races are selling out lately! EEC was done in what - less than a day? Two days? That's one that didn't used to fill for months. I highly recommend folks who really want to get into W&D not wait, or be prepared to act fast when those percentages start going up.

No eve remotely unrealistic! Many, many folks go from zero running to a half marathon, so you're already ahead of the game. Find a good training plan and it'll get you across that finish :thumbsup2 You can find Jeff Galloway's 2013 W&D plan at http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/ewwos/pdf/rundisney/training-programs/2014/WnD13_Beg.pdf - just plot the plan on 2014 dates.

Yep, Feb. 26! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for the information--and most especially for the encouragement! I'm feeling pretty jazzed. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter