Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

I'm assuming this FP was booked on regular ticket/AP. im only getting park tickets for the full days i plan on being in the park, so not the race day. Guessing there's no FP during the party but just thought I would ask to confirm.

yes, no FP's during party. You really don't need them, except Frozen, but if you can make it till midnight you should be fine there. i think it's hard for most people to make it to 1 after waking up at 4ish, especially if you plan on doing anything next day. We're actually using our FP"s that day at MK (or so is the plan) hopping over after brunch at CA Grille.

Yes, we did use the FastPasses before 8. My BFF really wanted to get one for TT so we did. I think we would have been fine to ride without it though during the party. Last year we ate and early dinner at Yachtsman with friends and then headed in to Epcot. So we napped, but not super long because we had to head to Epcot & dinner. And the park was packed when we walked through for dinner! This year we're doing brunch to celebrate, then we'll nap, then do the dismeet at Hurricane Hannah's before going in to the after party. Plus we're staying at Boardwalk this year so less travel time. I'm hoping this method will give us more staying power for the party. BFF will have an AP, but I won't be using a park ticket that day since I only have a 5 day military hopper this time around. So I don't want to waste a day on a partial/very short day like others stated.

I also did Soarin' on a FP before the party (AP), but did Frozen about an hour before the party ended - posted wait was 60 minutes, but it was actually closer to 20-25. I ate a solid dinner around 6, so I didn't really want anything from the F&W booths, and I had no interest in waiting in lines, so that worked out okay.

Does that mean that we will know tomorrow what our corral be (or an approximation)?

No, sadly, we won't get corral information until probably mid-October, when waivers are out. This is the last date to update the proof of time they will use eventually to assign you to a corral.

No, sadly, we won't get corral information until probably mid-October, when waivers are out. This is the last date to update the proof of time they will use eventually to assign you to a corral.
Ok, thanks!
What do we anticipate in terms of information calendar?
ADR begining of May,
POT end of July,
FP+ begining of September if onsite,
Medals and theme reveal ?,
Course map ?,
Waivers and Corral assignment mid-October,
Expo speaches schedule ?,
Run begining of November!
Party right after!

Ok, thanks!
What do we anticipate in terms of information calendar?
ADR begining of May,
POT end of July,
FP+ begining of September if onsite,
Medals and theme reveal ?,
Course map ?,
Waivers and Corral assignment mid-October,
Expo speaches schedule ?,
Run begining of November!
Party right after!

Last year the medals were revealed on Aug 8 2016. I would give no bearing to that date in terms of this year. Could be sooner, could be later????

You may have some luck getting a feel for the timeframe of everything by going through last years official W&D run thread here on disboards. It will take some combing through pages but you'll clearly see when waivers/corrals came out, the map came out, etc. Although that again, could be way different than this year. Sometimes things also leak (like course permits will be found we all will know the map well before the official event guide comes out) It's just different every year.

Also...I WANT MY MEDAL REVEAL!!!!

Give us something runDisney! It feels like I signed up for this race eons ago - oh wait I did. :) Seriously it feels like forever until the race. Ugh.

I can't wait to see the medals for you guys! I'm curious as to what the themes will be now that Lumiere isn't the namesake of the Challenge and Remy was used last year. I'm not sure where else they can go that's related to Food and Wine - maybe Tiana since she has her restaurant? I think it's safe to say though that the Half medal will likely still incorporate the running Mickey with the tray.

@PrincessV the event guide is usually posted more than a week before the events. Maybe 2-3 weeks prior? I apologize if I'm misunderstanding and that's not what you meant though by a week out.

@PrincessV the event guide is usually posted more than a week before the events. Maybe 2-3 weeks prior? I apologize if I'm misunderstanding and that's not what you meant though by a week out.
I may be off, but I feel like the last couple races we didn't get it until about a week out. But maybe that was corrals? It's kind of all run together at this point lol!

I may be off, but I feel like the last couple races we didn't get it until about a week out. But maybe that was corrals? It's kind of all run together at this point lol!
I went back and looked and the Dark Side event guide was out 3 weeks in advance (March 30 is when I posted a screenshot of the course map on Instagram).

I can't wait to see the medals for you guys! I'm curious as to what the themes will be now that Lumiere isn't the namesake of the Challenge and Remy was used last year. I'm not sure where else they can go that's related to Food and Wine - maybe Tiana since she has her restaurant? I think it's safe to say though that the Half medal will likely still incorporate the running Mickey with the tray.
I'd bet chef Figment for kids race or 5k

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter