Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Ok, I DID IT! I am in for the Two Course Challenge. RunDisney has been on my bucket list for sooo long, and it's time to stop putting it off!

This will be my 1st Half Marathon and my second 10k, but I haven't run my first one yet -- I'm running a local 10k on July 22nd so I can get an official time! I actually ran 10k this morning by myself (farthest I've ever run) and I did it in just under 1 hour, and it felt very comfortable! That is what gave me the confidence I needed to go ahead and register.

I'm sure I'll be stalking this thread daily now, but I just wanted to come say HI and and I'M SO PUMPED!

Ok, I DID IT! I am in for the Two Course Challenge. RunDisney has been on my bucket list for sooo long, and it's time to stop putting it off!

This will be my 1st Half Marathon and my second 10k, but I haven't run my first one yet -- I'm running a local 10k on July 22nd so I can get an official time! I actually ran 10k this morning by myself (farthest I've ever run) and I did it in just under 1 hour, and it felt very comfortable! That is what gave me the confidence I needed to go ahead and register.

I'm sure I'll be stalking this thread daily now, but I just wanted to come say HI and and I'M SO PUMPED!

Yay!!

Welcome to your new obsession!!! I did my first 10K in January of 2015 and ended up doing Dopey in January 2016 ... running (and RunDisney) is a serious addiction!

YAY! If you can already run a 10k in under an hour that should set you up with a very nice corral position once you get your official race time. Under 1hr is my #goals for later this year.

YAY! If you can already run a 10k in under an hour that should set you up with a very nice corral position once you get your official race time. Under 1hr is my #goals for later this year.
Regarding this situation, I have an official POT under an hour for a 10k and with online calculations it predicts that I would run a half marathon in 2h10min. By the end of October it should be even faster.
When I registered with Active I entered that POT and when asked how long would I estimate for the half, I was conservative (taking picture taking into account) and entered between 2h16min and 2h20min.
Was that a bad move on my part? Or the corral should still be decent? And should I correct my estimate now?

Regarding this situation, I have an official POT under an hour for a 10k and with online calculations it predicts that I would run a half marathon in 2h10min. By the end of October it should be even faster.
When I registered with Active I entered that POT and when asked how long would I estimate for the half, I was conservative (taking picture taking into account) and entered between 2h16min and 2h20min.
Was that a bad move on my part? Or the corral should still be decent? And should I correct my estimate now?

Your estimated time should ALWAYS match your POT (let me edit that to say if you have a 10k...then your estimated should match your POT calculated out to the longer distance.) They will put you based on your estimated and then check if your POT is a match. They won't bump you up to match your POT.
For example: Let's say I had a POT for a 2 hour half marathon and said I was gonna take 3 hrs. They'd put me at 3hours.

You can go back in and change your estimate to match your proof.

Personally, I'd rather start the race with runners of like pace because I like to not be log-jammed off the go. I finished my Tink slower by 11 total minutes than I could have because of pic taking but I was totally in the right spot for that first couple of miles before the field gets all jumbled.

I think what I'm saying is all accurate :)

Your estimated time should ALWAYS match your POT (let me edit that to say if you have a 10k...then your estimated should match your POT calculated out to the longer distance.) They will put you based on your estimated and then check if your POT is a match. They won't bump you up to match your POT.
For example: Let's say I had a POT for a 2 hour half marathon and said I was gonna take 3 hrs. They'd put me at 3hours.

You can go back in and change your estimate to match your proof.

Personally, I'd rather start the race with runners of like pace because I like to not be log-jammed off the go. I finished my Tink slower by 11 total minutes than I could have because of pic taking but I was totally in the right spot for that first couple of miles before the field gets all jumbled.

I think what I'm saying is all accurate :)
Thank you Roxymama, registration updated with estimated time of 2h06 to 2h10.

If I upgrade my ticket to a Platinum Annual Pass, it includes the PhotoPass, and this is the same PhotoPass that covers race photos, ride photos, and in-park photos. Is this correct? I was told I can upgrade my ticket for Wine & Dine as long as I do it before entering a park. I currently have a 3-day base ticket for W/D weekend that I booked through a TA on the rD website list.

Another question: I was thinking about getting a purple Magic Band for Wine & Dine and pink for Princess, but if I upgrade my ticket to an AP at Wine & Dine, the purple one would be tied to my AP and I wouldn't be able to get a magic band at Princess? Is this correct?

Thanks!

If I upgrade my ticket to a Platinum Annual Pass, it includes the PhotoPass, and this is the same PhotoPass that covers race photos, ride photos, and in-park photos. Is this correct? I was told I can upgrade my ticket for Wine & Dine as long as I do it before entering a park. I currently have a 3-day base ticket for W/D weekend that I booked through a TA on the rD website list.

Another question: I was thinking about getting a purple Magic Band for Wine & Dine and pink for Princess, but if I upgrade my ticket to an AP at Wine & Dine, the purple one would be tied to my AP and I wouldn't be able to get a magic band at Princess? Is this correct?

Thanks!

If you have an on-site hotel reservation you'll get one for each hotel reservation, plus one for the AP. So in theory, you get one with your W&D reservation, then one with the Princess reservation, then one with your AP.

Thanks! I guess I already filled that out when I registered. Don't remember that, haha.

You can go in and edit your estimated pace. I've done it a few times since I'm a running newbie and have gotten fast in the past months.

Any guesses as to when we might get a few clues for the race route? I realize the map won't be out until October, but for SWDS we had a start and finish location well ahead of that.

I ran W&D and SWDS last year - much preferred the dark side course - hopefully RunDisney agrees!

Any guesses as to when we might get a few clues for the race route? I realize the map won't be out until October, but for SWDS we had a start and finish location well ahead of that.

I ran W&D and SWDS last year - much preferred the dark side course - hopefully RunDisney agrees!
Idk what routes will be like aside from slight alterations due to the gondola construction in the international gateway area

I know a bunch of y'all are planning to meet up at Cali Grill brunch (enjoy! It's delicious!)

But if anyone is interested, I'm going to host a "Sunday FunDay" Hurricane Hannah's Happy Hour prior to the start of the post-race party on Sunday. I'm thinking 5-6pm ish ... in case people have dinner plans. Or 7-8pm in the event people don't!

Just like January, one hour of drinks is on me! Hurricane Hannah's is the pool bar at the Yacht & Beach Club and is perfect walking distance to finish a cocktail on your way into International Gateway to start your World Showcase celebration!

Let me know what time works best for everyone!

I'll be there that weekend with my husband, so if I can talk him into being sociable with a some runner-Disney fans, we'll be there! Either time works for us. I'd be thrilled to finally meet some of the Dis'ers in real life. Thanks for the offer.

The Photopass you get with the annual pass is wonderful! I never would have bought it separately, but it's a great perk with the annual pass - especially for runners!

OK - here goes ... the masses have spoken, so everybody pencil in:

Official 2017 Wine & Dine Weekend RunDay FunDay Happy Hour Meet-up!
When:
Sunday, Nov. 5
Where: Hurricane Hannah's (Pool Bar at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club)
Time: 7-8 p.m.
What: Like my other meet-ups, I'll run a tab for the first round of drinks of your choice - beer, wine, water, Powerade ... you name it! Let's celebrate the weekend and hydrate a little before the "long walk" to the International Gateway to get our post-party on!

I'll do a headcount closer to the event so I can give the bar a heads-up on attendance!

OK - here goes ... the masses have spoken, so everybody pencil in:

Official 2017 Wine & Dine Weekend RunDay FunDay Happy Hour Meet-up!
When:
Sunday, Nov. 5
Where: Hurricane Hannah's (Pool Bar at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club)
Time: 7-8 p.m.
What: Like my other meet-ups, I'll run a tab for the first round of drinks of your choice - beer, wine, water, Powerade ... you name it! Let's celebrate the weekend and hydrate a little before the "long walk" to the International Gateway to get our post-party on!

I'll do a headcount closer to the event so I can give the bar a heads-up on attendance!

This is on the calendar. Sounds like a great time! I'll see you there.

Because I can't leave my initial plans well enough alone...can I ask a Food n Wine strategy question? I'll call it "fueling" so it stays on topic.
It will be my hubby & I and our 5 yr old daughter. We are going to hit up Food n Wine on Wed prior to race weekend. We also want to see Pandora a little bit (River journey and food more important than FOP...I get queasy on Soaring and kiddo and hubby hate 3-D things)
Thur is our mega MK and race expo and MK day.

So would you rather?
A) Animal Kingdom at rope drop
Safari and stuff (I have a Yak n Yeti lunch ADR)
hotel break
Go to Epcot for Food n Wine booths for dinner

OR
B) Hit Epcot first and attempt Frozen Ever After at rope unless we get FP+
Eat at the F&W booths right when they open for lunch
hotel break
Pandora at night when it's all lit up
Satuli for dinner

My original plan was A but I'm leaning B now after stalking Pandora threads and can't make up my mind. I get overwhelmed in the main threads, so sorry for the off-topic topic :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter