Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

So excited that I was able to sign up for the 10K this morning! Wanted to get another one in before PHM! Passholder question. Has anyone ever seen PH discounts on rooms during a race weekend?

OMG Hanson will be there the night we already had planned for F&W booth noshing!!! Wondering if that will make the park more crowded? I was a fairly huge Hanson fan for a hot minute in my younger days. I may have watched one of their "adult" concerts on palladium a few years back.
I didn't have crushes on any of them (they were little tykes to me), I actually just liked their music. Don't throw tomatos at me!

You will receive no judgment from me. :P I've been an unabashed, die-hard Hanson fan since I was 12 years old. Recently, Taylor posted a photo of his kids on Instagram and I showed my girl friend and said, "Look, Taylor Hanson has five children, and NONE OF THEM ARE MINE!" lol.

Hopefully they perform their new song "I Was Born" for you when you're there. It's really good.

Thinking of signing up for the Two Course Challenge! I was always an on-property girl, but I recently fell in love with the Bonnet Creek experience. Is there any reason why staying off-property (at Bonnet Creek, specifically) would be problematic for race weekend?

Thanks for your help!

Finally the schedule is out, it seems like I have been waiting forever. We'll get to see Hanson, Living Colour, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and Blue October who I am not familiar with but when I looked them up they seemed a bit melancholy, but maybe that was just the songs I listened to. So bummed we will miss Squeeze though. If only Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and Squeeze could reverse then that would have been perfect.

I am ready for "official" training to start! Hung up my training plan on the fridge yesterday. I have a few weeks of "base building" to go before longer runs kick in but maybe this is what I need to refocus and stop making excuses!

This is just my chance to brag here but there was a time in college when Big Bad Voodoo Daddy was recording and playing a lot in New Orleans and I was one of their swing dancers. So I got to go to several shows and corporate gigs and show off. I also did a Milwaukee Somerfest gig at one point too. That's me in the front with the jean jacket on. Wish you could see my sparkly bowling shirt dress costume. I'm kind of sad they aren't playing while I'm there, but Hanson makes up for it.
BBVD.jpg

This is just my chance to brag here but there was a time in college when Big Bad Voodoo Daddy was recording and playing a lot in New Orleans and I was one of their swing dancers. So I got to go to several shows and corporate gigs and show off. I also did a Milwaukee Somerfest gig at one point too. That's me in the front with the jean jacket on. Wish you could see my sparkly bowling shirt dress costume. I'm kind of sad they aren't playing while I'm there, but Hanson makes up for it.
View attachment 246622
Cough *Summerfest* cough ;)

Thinking of signing up for the Two Course Challenge! I was always an on-property girl, but I recently fell in love with the Bonnet Creek experience. Is there any reason why staying off-property (at Bonnet Creek, specifically) would be problematic for race weekend?

Thanks for your help!
Transportation is the only hitch... Which Bonnet Creek resort are you considering? Hilton Bonnet Creek usually offers transportation to half and full marathon distances, but not to the expo, 5K or 10K. Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek I don't think offers any, but you may be able to use Hilton's race transportation since they're partner resorts. Wyndham Bonnet Creek the timeshare does not offer race transportation at all. I think the Wyndham Grand at Bonnet Creek (hotel) sometimes does, but you'd want to verify.

I always forget you were/are a fellow swing dancer! I was part of the Tampa scene, but spent plenty of time with the Orlando folks, too - I remember going to BBVD in Orlando, might have been at Atlantic Dance; we were there most weekends - so much fun!

Transportation is the only hitch... Which Bonnet Creek resort are you considering? Hilton Bonnet Creek usually offers transportation to half and full marathon distances, but not to the expo, 5K or 10K. Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek I don't think offers any, but you may be able to use Hilton's race transportation since they're partner resorts. Wyndham Bonnet Creek the timeshare does not offer race transportation at all. I think the Wyndham Grand at Bonnet Creek (hotel) sometimes does, but you'd want to verify.

I always forget you were/are a fellow swing dancer! I was part of the Tampa scene, but spent plenty of time with the Orlando folks, too - I remember going to BBVD in Orlando, might have been at Atlantic Dance; we were there most weekends - so much fun!

Did you happen to go to SOFLEX (southern florida lindy exchange) any years? I have lots of pics of my days dancing in South Florida in the early 2000's because we'd drive or fly from NOLA. Some of my fondest dance memories...although super humid and sweaty...florida had the nicest people!

Haha, I knew that too!!! My brain must be in a "german" state of mind right now.
Although isn't there a big brat-loving community in WI?...shouldn't it maybe be sommerfest?
We have German Fest for that :)

Summerfest is all about music not so much the food even though there is plenty of that.

Did you happen to go to SOFLEX (southern florida lindy exchange) any years? I have lots of pics of my days dancing in South Florida in the early 2000's because we'd drive or fly from NOLA. Some of my fondest dance memories...although super humid and sweaty...florida had the nicest people!
I didn't, but pretty much everyone I knew here did! That all kind of hit its peak when I was pregnant/a new mom, so traveling wasn't happening. I met some of the SFL peeps when they visited up here, though - great people!

Only running the 10k but I wonder if they will switch to the route dark side had at least for the half

If I was wagering a guess though, I think they will use the same course they used for Dark Side.

I loved the Dark Side Half course, and the 10K one as well. I would LOVE to see runDisney utilize these for W&D. I did miss running by the Tree of Life, which I enjoyed during W&D, but I thought it was a better mix or park and road time.

I'm in the "nothing I can obsess over" with planning mode since FP window isn't for awhile. So I just had to go on the disney food blog and look up all the F&W booths from last year and then I stared at pictures of food for a solid hour last night before bed and after my run. Which I would not recommend as now I have at least 12 different food cravings.

I'm in the "nothing I can obsess over" with planning mode since FP window isn't for awhile. So I just had to go on the disney food blog and look up all the F&W booths from last year and then I stared at pictures of food for a solid hour last night before bed and after my run. Which I would not recommend as now I have at least 12 different food cravings.

Disney trip in four months and nothing to obsess over? You must be doing something wrong. :D:D

I get DFB emails daily and yesterday's had U-Tube video of Epcot snacks. I was watching it in bed last night and DH snatched my iPad out of my hands saying "What is THAT?" It's pretty amazing how many times we've been and how many things we still haven't tried! I love the videos as well. Pictures are worth more YUM value! Doesn't help the diet though....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter