Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Does anyone know if the shirts are long sleeved or short sleeved? On the website it lists Long-sleeved for the 1/2 marathon, and 10k, but short sleeved for the Challenge. Yet all three link to a long-sleeved sizing chart. I personally can't stand long-sleeved t-shirts. Due to my shoulder width I need a larger size shirt than my arm-length dictates, so the sleeves end up extending half way down my hands (if not further). Simply makes them unwearable for me. Really hoping that at least the challenge shirt is a short-sleeved an that the link is incorrect.

I had my long sleeve from last year's W&D shorted at the alterations place I go to. I think they charged me 10-15, I can't remember. It was done so it looks like it was always short sleeve and I wear it to run in. If I had left it long sleeved I would never wear it.

Hi! New here so if this has already been covered, I apologize. Do you think rD will announce a "theme" for these races (other than the 5k "fall feast)? It seems like they took away the reference to Lumiere for the challenge and Remy for the 10k. I'm thinking about costumes and am wondering if it will be specific theming or just general Wine & Dine.

Hi! New here so if this has already been covered, I apologize. Do you think rD will announce a "theme" for these races (other than the 5k "fall feast)? It seems like they took away the reference to Lumiere for the challenge and Remy for the 10k. I'm thinking about costumes and am wondering if it will be specific theming or just general Wine & Dine.

My wife is wondering about this too. That did take a back seat this weekend as the "no characters for 10k" concerns gained steam. She was getting quite livid. lol. Looks like the trial balloon was shot down pretty easily.

Who knows, but once the medals are released I would think a character will be on them & maybe the training plans might give a hint if a logo is attached to them when they come out. My parents are running races that weekend but just picking whatever for outfits as anything goes.

How did everyone else do with their ADRs? I got everything I wanted :cool1:

10/31 3:05 pm The Plaza (pre-MNSSHP)

11/1 8:15 am Kona Breakfast
6:30 pm Art Smith's Homecoming

11/2 4:40 pm Mama Melrose

11/3 10:30 am Tusker House

11/4 7 pm 'Ohana

11/5 12 pm California Grill
6:55 pm Via Napoli

11/6 12 pm Be Our Guest (This one will depend on what time my flight out is, since I leave this day)

We have a 5.50PM at Ohana on the 4th so will see you there!!

Just bought my flight down for W&D on the 1st. Southwest dropped prices and my flight down went down to $91, which is the lowest I've seen it, for any trip! I had a $67 credit so I paid just under $24 for my flight! Hopefully I can find a great deal on the way home too! But moral of the story, if you fly Southwest, you may want to check flight prices today for the leg down.

Just bought my flight down for W&D on the 1st. Southwest dropped prices and my flight down went down to $91, which is the lowest I've seen it, for any trip! I had a $67 credit so I paid just under $24 for my flight! Hopefully I can find a great deal on the way home too! But moral of the story, if you fly Southwest, you may want to check flight prices today for the leg down.

Awesome deal! I just checked and mine is still $134, but I'm still happy with that! Congrats!

Just wanted to alert any Southwest users that the flight schedules past 11/3 opened up today. My family flight is booked today using points so we just paid for early bird check in out of pocket. Yay!!

Now I just need to be patient while I wait for the medal/theme, etc to arrive so I can start planning my outfit. And patience isn't my virtue.

Just wanted to alert any Southwest users that the flight schedules past 11/3 opened up today. My family flight is booked today using points so we just paid for early bird check in out of pocket. Yay!!

Now I just need to be patient while I wait for the medal/theme, etc to arrive so I can start planning my outfit. And patience isn't my virtue.

Well as I'm sure you know, Disney likes to torture us with their tight lid on details. So your patience will be tested. :)

Bought my return flight as well today on Southwest. Managed to snag another $91 flight for the return leg so I am pretty happy with those flight prices! They are the cheapest I've ever found! I'll add early bird for my return flight, but am undecided about it for the trip down. I only did the return trip for Dark Side weekend and it worked well. I'll wait to decide though once I see my schedule closer to the date.

Bought my return flight as well today on Southwest. Managed to snag another $91 flight for the return leg so I am pretty happy with those flight prices! They are the cheapest I've ever found! I'll add early bird for my return flight, but am undecided about it for the trip down. I only did the return trip for Dark Side weekend and it worked well. I'll wait to decide though once I see my schedule closer to the date.

I agree that the prices were good. We didn't have to use a ton of our points considering it's three of us and only paid a little bit out of pocket. So that's helpful!

Booked my SW flight today! i had some credit from a previous flight. I love flying Southwest!

Folks, I was just looking at the park hours and I noticed something for the Half Marathon!!! The clocks go back on the Sat night/ Sun morning- at 2 am EST- so if the race starts at 5.30 am - this will in essence feel an hour later for everyone- remember to re-set your alarms and so on!!!

Last edited:
Also, where does the race end? It can hardly end in the park?? If it did then how does the park open at 9am? Are they able to get everyone from the race out on time to ensure that they aren't met with regular day guests/ don't get into the park for "free" and so on? seems logistically very hard!

Also, where does the race end? It can hardly end in the park?? If it did then how does the park open at 9am? Are they able to get everyone from the race out on time to ensure that they aren't met with regular day guests/ don't get into the park for "free" and so on? seems logistically very hard!

Generally the race will finish in a parking lot (of which park is yet to be shown but usually is the Epcot lot)
They have had day guests in a park at the same time as runner before (the day guests enter the normal way)...runners just have coned off lanes. I'd imagine if you wanted to get into the park for free that just buying a ticket is WAY less expensive than paying for a $180+ half marathon and then staying inside the park...and then you'd be out your medal (and snackbox!) if you didn't go out of the park to cross the finish line.

Wife and I were discussing this last night and I mentioned that I was disappointed that they were merely referring to the challenge as "Two Course Challenge." Wife pointed out that the "course" is probably like a meal course, not race course. I'm sure many of you have put that together already, i guess I was too focused on Lumierre etc...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter