Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend 2015 Thread ** May 7-10, 2015

I understand -- I have noticed a change in myself with regards to the runDisney race selections, too. I used to want to run all distances, all race weekends. But I find that (surprisingly) I am more happy being selective in regards to the distances and race weekends I participate in. :)

I keep telling myself I'll be more selective with races! Although I think I've gotten to the point that I simply want to do inaugural runs, and the big anniversary years. After that I think I can pass on them - except for Tink. Have to keep going back so I can stay perfect!

I was tempted to do the challenge but only signed up for the 5k and 10k, with the Avengers half and Star Wars challenge coming up it felt nice to only sign up for the "easy" races.

I love when we say 'only' registered for the 5K and 10K ;) Just makes me giggle. That's still so much more than some people do. Got you added!

Got myself and my fairy godmother signed up via AP link. I was so nervous and shaky after the AP website wasn't updated so I searched for the rundisney annual passholder page and found it through there! Yay!

Pixie Dust Challenge sold out for AP/DVC as of 9:19 a.m. (edited for above post saying it sold out in 13 minutes! good luck next week I'm sure you can be five minutes late :))

Glad you were able to get in! Getting you added to the runner list now.

Ugh, when I went to log into my Disneyland account, it had unlinked my annual pass. By the time I got it relinked and gone through registration (9:13), the challenge had sold out. What a bummer. Normally I check my account the night before to be safe, but there is never any problems. If course the first time I DON'T check, there is. Guess I'll have to wait until next week. Which will be a challenge itself because I have a standing meeting at 9AM every Tuesday.

What dumb luck, I'm sorry! But at least it's not like you're out for good, this only being an early registration. Hopefully you can work something out next week for general registration.

I'm all signed up for the challenge via DVC. Super excited!

Adding you to the list!

Signed up for Challenge via DVC! So excited!

Adding you to the list!

Signed up for Challenge :)

Got you added as well!

What a drag... sorry that happened to you. Per CynthiaRebeca's suggestion, can you be a few minutes late for your meeting? Maybe you can get approval before-hand to reduce stress. Good luck :)

Yeah, that's definitely my plan. I was actually 5 minutes late this week, so it's not like anyone will be surprised if it happens next week, too. :) I just always feel bad when I'm late.

Good luck to the AP and DVC members who will be enjoing early registration this morning (9am PST). But just a word of caution to those planning to use a friend's registration link: the Disneyland AP website now has a note for the runDisney perk that reads:

We ask that you not share these early registration links with others. Early registration is a special benefit reserved for Annual Passholders and may not always be offered.​

This is the first time I recall seeing a note like this on the website and contact with runDisney has said that there will b e verification and registration could be cancelled without notice if not an annual passholder or in the household of an annual passholder.

Does anyone know if this note has always been there and I'm just ignorant. I wont lie, I have been using my friends assistance to register for the past to years since my AP expired when I became a CM. But with this new note, looks like I will be waiting until general registration.

It was there for Princess. I've heard a lot of talk in the last few days that runDisney was cracking down on non-eligible people getting early entry. Not sure how they would do that, but it would definitely help out the AP and DVC people. It got really out of hand for Avengers and Star Wars because people were posting the link that bypassed the AP sign in page.

I'm having a completely illogical internal fight with myself about whether to sign up for the challenge or not...I was there for the inaugural Half but didn't do the 10k ( I didn't sign up since there was no challenge and it didn't seem worth it) so now I would have the inaugural Half and challenge but not the 10K...I know it sounds crazy but anyone else feeling like this?

It was there for Princess. I've heard a lot of talk in the last few days that runDisney was cracking down on non-eligible people getting early entry. Not sure how they would do that, but it would definitely help out the AP and DVC people. It got really out of hand for Avengers and Star Wars because people were posting the link that bypassed the AP sign in page.

I didn't realize people were posting the links outright places. I can see how that caused problems. Hopefully whatever steps they have taken with Princess and now with Tink does the trick for the future otherwise I can definitely see them taking away the privilege for future races. We've already see the Disney Visa cardholders early registration go away.

I'm having a completely illogical internal fight with myself about whether to sign up for the challenge or not...I was there for the inaugural Half but didn't do the 10k ( I didn't sign up since there was no challenge and it didn't seem worth it) so now I would have the inaugural Half and challenge but not the 10K...I know it sounds crazy but anyone else feeling like this?

I'm beating myself up every day going back and forth over the decision to sign up for the challenge. I hate the fact that I didn't sign up for the inaugural Avenger's because I doubt I will ever run it in the future but would have like the inaugural medal. So what to do! I've spent a lot over the past few months for my runDisney addiction now that I've been booking my hotels, and I have to look forward to going to WDW for the first time since I was a toddler so I can get my C2C.

GAH! I'm just going to pull my hair out, that's all.

I'm beating myself up every day going back and forth over the decision to sign up for the challenge. I hate the fact that I didn't sign up for the inaugural Avenger's because I doubt I will ever run it in the future but would have like the inaugural medal. So what to do! I've spent a lot over the past few months for my runDisney addiction now that I've been booking my hotels, and I have to look forward to going to WDW for the first time since I was a toddler so I can get my C2C.

GAH! I'm just going to pull my hair out, that's all.

It sounds like you will be sorry that you don't do it. Even more so when you see all those runners wearing their medals, and you need more than one to hear the lovely sound of them "clanking". :)
Also think of the 10K as a warm up walk in the park before your big race the next day.

I am signed up for the PDC.pixiedust:

Now I hope my daughter and husband can get signed up at the regular registration. By the time my husband had my registration done it had sold out for DVC'ers

I'm bummed that there used to be early signup for Disney Visa but now there isn't anymore. :) I won't be doing the PDC, but I'd rather have peace of mind knowing I was registered. :D

I need to find a 10k to run to get a qualifying time in the middle of winter too! :eek: The only one I can find is a New Year's Day one, and that can be pretty nippy up here in northern New England! My group I am signing up with figures we are going to try and get a time to submit and if we don't, we don't. Some of them are already runners and will have one to submit but some of us are noobs like me.

Hello from the air! Going to update the runner list in just a few minutes. Glad to see a few more who we're able to register early this past week.

But we are getting closer to general registration!

It sounds like you will be sorry that you don't do it. Even more so when you see all those runners wearing their medals, and you need more than one to hear the lovely sound of them "clanking". :)
Also think of the 10K as a warm up walk in the park before your big race the next day.

That's exactly the way that I see it. I think I've gone ahead and decided to register for the challenge. It's all but done. Now I simply have to get in for it, lol. Hopefully when I get back to Anaheim this afternoon I can check to make sure I got Tuesday morning off so I can register.

I am signed up for the PDC.pixiedust:

Now I hope my daughter and husband can get signed up at the regular registration. By the time my husband had my registration done it had sold out for DVC'ers

Congrats on getting in for the Pixie Dust Challenge. Hopefully the rest of your family can get registered. My best advice is to make sure they are registering separately on different computers/devices just in case.

I'm bummed that there used to be early signup for Disney Visa but now there isn't anymore. :) I won't be doing the PDC, but I'd rather have peace of mind knowing I was registered. :D

I need to find a 10k to run to get a qualifying time in the middle of winter too! :eek: The only one I can find is a New Year's Day one, and that can be pretty nippy up here in northern New England! My group I am signing up with figures we are going to try and get a time to submit and if we don't, we don't. Some of them are already runners and will have one to submit but some of us are noobs like me.

I'm with you there, but my understanding is they took it away because of abuse of the link which could potentially happen all around. Hopefully things go smoothly in the future and maybe they will bring it back?

One can always hope at least.

At least there is plenty of time to fit in a 10K before qualifying times must be submitted, and if not you'll certainly have a time after! We all start out somewhere, right?

At least there is plenty of time to fit in a 10K before qualifying times must be submitted, and if not you'll certainly have a time after! We all start out somewhere, right?

:)

Realistically I think I will be ready to try to get a time around December or January, but there's just no 10k that I have found yet nearby in either month except one New Year's Day 10k and a late January 16 miler (NOPE :)). December would be hard too, we are going to be at WDW from 12/2-8 and then there's all the holidays and stuff. I will just have to hope for the best for the weather on the New Year's Day one! I am pretty sure that by then I could even just walk it fast enough, but I'm more concerned about freezing. :santa:

Question about the pacing requirement for Tink 10k and the light wands...

Pace Cyclists will be on the course indicating when runners are behind pace by waving light wands at each mile markers according to the official pace time. If you reach a mile marker with a light wand waving, please note you are behind the required 16-minute per mile pace and can be picked up at any time and transported to the course pick up tent.

Theoretically this should be along the lines of past pacing requirements where you'll be removed from the course if you fall behind the 16 min mile pacing requirement correct? I'm assuming that the light wands are designed for those who have said that they can complete 9 minute miles to be placed in earlier corrals, when in reality they are closer to 18-20 minute miles. Therefore using the extra time to complete the race without being pulled.

DH thought he had read somewhere that the new pacing requirements where going to be based off of your coral assignment (ie. 9-11 min/mile) and if you failed to maintain that pace then you were removed. That didn't seem corrcect based off of the standard 16 min/mil pace.

I'd hate to be pulled because at mile 5 my pace/mile is 11:30 and therefore no longer in the 9-11 bracket.

I'm not following what you are asking about 9 min per mile to be placed in corrals. The instructions on the site say that if you believe you will finish in 3:15 or less then you can sign up for an earlier corral... if my math is right, that is approx 14:53 per mile, no?

I very much doubt that they are going to be keeping track of everyone's pace based on their corral... it sounds to me like they are just talking about if you are going slower than the 3:30 cutoff for the whole race.

I should have stated that this is for the 5 and 10k events. No proof of time is required for those events. But I was just wondering if the wands were in place to discourage those who purposely select faster corrals so they can have extra time to complete a race. Which this us the case I'm all for it.

I should have stated that this is for the 5 and 10k events. No proof of time is required for those events. But I was just wondering if the wands were in place to discourage those who purposely select faster corrals so they can have extra time to complete a race. Which this us the case I'm all for it.

Oh, woops! You did say 10k. :o

Hey guys quick question here. Do any of you know what credit cards they take for registration?

Looking to hopefully register for the Pixie Dust tomorrow.

Hey guys quick question here. Do any of you know what credit cards they take for registration? Looking to hopefully register for the Pixie Dust tomorrow.

I've used Visa and AmEx. Good luck on your registration :)

Today's the day!

My goal is to register myself for the Pixie Dust and my mom for the 10k...in that order. I am hoping we both get in!

Will I be able to register her under my Active account or will I need to log in under her account to register her? She has a commitment this morning and will not be able to sign up when registration opens.

Well, good luck to everyone a-registering! I think I have officially decided to register for the Pixie Dust Challenge. I know I'll be kicking myself if I don't. I hope to hear everyone gets in for what they want to sign up for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter