Official Star Wars Weekends 2015 Trip Reports and Recaps

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Huge thanks to all of you in the previous thread who made our trip amazing! You all helped so much with planning. I'll try and give a short review from our visit on Weekend IV. We was at SWW on that Friday and Sunday. I felt like Sunday was a lot more crowded than Sunday. On Friday we had a galactic breakfast first thing at 8:05. I got to JTA sign ups at 7:55 and the line was 40 minutes wait so I had to leave the line to head for breakfast. There were Jawas, Storm troopers and Greedo. They all visit your table usually once. We forgot to get a storm trooper signature not aware of the one visit per table and waited maybe 30 minutes for him to come back around and then A CM told us he likely wouldn't be back since he seen is once so she will just take the saver to him to sign. So just a tip, don't wait for them to come back..just kindly ask a cm for a an autograph and they will. Breakfast was great! After breakfast I went to JTA around 9:30 assuming all spots were taken considering the long line earlier that morning but to my surprise there were still evening times left! So don't give up if you have an early breakfast, check back after. You may get lucky or you may not. Just depends on crowd. The line for Chewie was very long but moved quickly. We got up to Chewie at 12:55 and an Ewok was scheduled to come out with him at 1. I tried to let others in front of me but the CMs were not allowing it. So I did not get an EWok but was thrilled to get Chewie. He was my favorite character experience as my sons did not want to let him go, he was so fun! That evening we were in line for Kit Fisto and saw nasty clouds coming. The CMs said if lightening was in a 7 mile radius the characters had to leave. Sure enough it started pouring. We had reservations at Rebel Hangar so we just had to run and get there. We were soaked. We ended up waiting over an hour to be seated. I'm guessing no one wanted to give up their tables because they didn't want to go out in the pouring rain. Food was ok. I really wish we had seen characters but the rain kept them from coming. Music was great though! Later we got back in line for Kit and Mace. The CMs were super awesome and did not care about us letting people in front of us if we were waiting for a different character. We stood in line 3 different times to get 3 different characters that came out at different times and they were aware of the time we was there and we're happy to let others go in front of us if they wanted a different character too. We had one terrible experience that really upset me and I wish I had gotten their name. It was at the magic shots. My son was talking to me about how he wanted me to pose with him and the CM said "blah blah blah..just stand over there please." It was the most obnoxious thing I had ever heard at Disney. In the moment I did not say anything but I wish I could go back in time so I could speak my mind. Now let's talk fireworks..in my opinion they are the best at Disney! No joke! I filmed the whole thing and I'm still at home watching it over and over! The best!! After the fireworks we went to fantastic and like others had said, it wasn't even half full. I highly recommend second show so your not rushing from first show to fireworks. Overall SWW was awesome and meeting people from all over that shared the same enthusiasm was so exciting. Id totally go again and plan to! Everyone shoulder to shoulder with you was so nice and just as excited! I also want to thank who ever it was from previous thread who posted a picture of their signed light saber. I let my 2 sons do it instead of a book and they loved it! Such a great idea!! We are hanging them up on their walls :)

Well my laptop crashed! Using my oldest daughter's while she is at band practice-so quick recap-really want to do more later with pics once we get our MM photos and the hundreds off our phones lol!
We did Friday and Saturday of Weekend IV and Friday of Weekend V. We had a couple RH reservations-the first one during the week on a Tuesday(6/3) early -reservation was for 4:05. And who do we see right away? Chewie! Then a stormtrooper walks by-he shook his head at question of if we could get a picture-but a few minutes later circled back and started letting my son know he was watching him, then my middle daughter pulls out her lightsaber so the ST gestured her to get up and showed her his blaster and indicated she better watch herself-he kept deactivating the saber. The kids also traded with some Jawas. I think we ordered at least 60% of the menu-including a couple themed drinks-got a deathstar and a millennium falcon glow thingy. The place is amazingly themed. FYI-we had memory maker and something new this year-you get pictures of characters. My DH and middle child took a pic tuesday evening near the entrance and Sabine and Ezra are "magically" standing with them!

Friday of Weekend IV we got there right before they opened up the park for the Stormtrooper welcome-a little later than planned but not a big deal. We did the Chewie walk and waited about 40 minutes-but great interaction. We met a couple really great people in line-including a family that had been at Celebration this year. Then it was time for our Galactic Breakfast. The character interaction was great (Greedo was being a bit of a silly stinker with the kids-they told him they had seen his ad-and I think one of them asked how to get a job like that?) My son had his rebel blaster on the table so the Stormtroopers came by several times and indicated they were watching him. Was nice to get photo with Boba Fett and DV without having to wait in line. Good food and we took a lot of our pastries in a to go box. Our CM was super too. while we liked the breakfast a lot it was pricey for 5 people! We had fastpasses for Star Tours, Rebels show, and SotS show. We did Star Tours early (FP was for lunchtime) and then checked out Darths Mall. Watched the Rebel season 1 recap (nice A/C break too) Got a couple magic shots (fighting DV and the force push). The Rebels show was neat in that it revealed JEJ back for vader's voice but I have to say this was our least fave show. The SotS show was slightly delayed-deduced later probably because of chatty Jeremy Bulloch. Great show though. Did dinner at Prime Time while the downpour happened! DS and I hopped in Mace Windu and Shaak Ti's line while the others headed to RnR single rider and ToT. We ended up with Kit Fisto! Then we scoped a spot by Echo lake for Fireworks. Best fireworks anywhere!

Saturday we got to the park after opening (with a tween girl and teen girl there ain't no way I am fighting that battle to get them up early multiple days in a row lol). Checked in for our premium FtF package and chose Obi wan and beyond for our FP. Awesome view of stage, OK for parade (we didn't line up early to get into package area-they did have area for kids to sit up front though). Snacks great-I think the kids had at least 3 items each (not counting drinks). As we didn't see parade Friday it was still a good area to view parade. Caught lunch with Yuli at ABC Commissary (Stephanie's costume is just incredible). Then DH and middle wandered off to do ToT (at this point was the third or fourth time they've done it). Bribed my son with a Darth Goofy to get his picture taken with Darth Maul -very cool character interactions (side note-really enjoyed watching others interactions while waiting in line for all the characters- the characters are just so good at staying in character!!) Totally worth the bribe. Did the lego build. Had another Rebel Hangar reservation (why not? gotta eat). Caught the cantina band this time. Posted a twitter photo of my son that ended up on the big screen at the end of the night (he thought he was pretty cool). Caught Visit to the Maul (believe this was a show that had JAT's daughter onstage). Then Obi-Wan and beyond. This ended up being one of our very favorite shows-WOW! This is the show my son is STILL talking about-and that is saying something coming from a 9 year old. The package seats are amazing. Then about time for dessert party - music awesome, plenty of space, plenty of food, great viewing of stage. And shivers again for fireworks. The girls and I were so hyped up after that that we headed over to MK for EMH til 2 am (note-do not go to MK bus-hop a monorail resort bus and take monorail or walk from Contemporary)

The Friday of Weekend V we were offsite-and I was the only one who wanted to be there for opening show so DH dropped me off early-got up front and close to the Stormtropper show. Got a pastry and coffee from Starbucks then headed to Queen Amidala's line, then ST (didn't know I'd met fellow disser til later-gave his son one of my extra Magic Your Band covers). Then decided to got scope out a shady area for parade while waiting for family to catch up-went and got my Boba Fett stein and Han Solo popcorn bucket too-ended up with awesome pics!! We had a TSM fastpass, Frank oz FP and SotS FP but no other real plans other than get as many characters as possible. We did hop to Epcot for lunch then. did TSM, got in Anakin's line but ended up with Mace Windu and Shaak Ti (which was fine) did some shopping, SotS (Peter Mayhew and Ray Park), Frank Oz-we pretty much grabbed food from that food court by the theater and got right back in fastpass line for Oz-they were letting people in early for FP too. Not sure kids appreciated the show as much as the adults. At one point I swear Frank Oz almost was in tears at the love and appreciation coming from the audience. JAT is such a good host and did a distracting joke to give him a moment to recover. DH took 2 kids back to condo while the oldest and I tried to time meeting the droids-ran into Yuli in a shop and she advised getting in line at 6:50 or so. As my oldest wanted to hit Darth's mall again and we got stuck in checkout line had to book it over there. Ended up working out (thanks to cooperation of a couple families around us) and got the jackpot. Scoped out a spot in front of Brown Derby for Stage show and fireworks (moving over to the arch by animation courtyard after the stage show gives an almost unobstructed view of fireworks- a tip given to us by a guy who has been coming to SWW (stays for a month at AoA) for several years.

Package FtF-we did premium-this is completely worth it-if you only have one day then the deluxe is definitely worth it. As I had several days to spread fastpasses for shows over, and we were onsite so could book at 60 days, the premium fit our needs well.

SWW meals-while we did like Galactic Breakfast and was great to get photos-it is very pricey for the 5 of us ($300 for BREAKFAST!) so not sure if this would be a repeat
-loved Rebel Hangar, had 3 reservations but ended up canceling the last one. However this was our favorite place of all. We had great characters, especially during the week and earlier time. I have seen several not nice comments on FB about RH-mainly "disappointed by characters or lack thereof". HERE is where Disney dropped the ball in not doing a much better job in being upfront on what to expect. I really think some people heard through the grapevine of what to expect-and expected more like a pricey character meal with guarenteed meets- and so were disappointed in reality. I have done my best to tactfully remind them that it is not a promised character meal, clearly states not on dining plan, clearly states "small bites" and appetizer type foods. Disney was really behind in even announcing this place. But best in class for the price.

Characters-wow, just wow. Being our first SWW wasn't sure what to expect but ended up meeting more than I really expected and such fun.

Crowds-high, heard several veterans state that crowds were way up compared to years past. I expected high crowds so really didn't bother me at all. Plus-maybe because we are all geeks at heart?-every single line we waited in was fun-fun to people watch, fun to talk to others waiting. Our trip last year to Disney I saw so many rude, entitled people and there was none of that at SWW (actually crowds at other parks were good too).

Autographs-didn't even try as the times were during show times or meal times

We had a fabulous time-99.99% because of the thread on here. Planning is priceless and where Disney truly lacks is getting info out in timely manner. Would have been lost and confused and disappointed in many things if not for advance notice of things here (Galactic Breakfast, Rebel hangar, fastpasses for shows, and timing of droids!!)

So much for "quick" LOLOL

Now that we've been home for 2 weeks and the post-Disney-depression has really set in, thought I'd do a little trip report to help others planning for next year. First, let me say that I'm an uber planner and I usually LOVE the planning aspect of a Disney trip, but the lack of timely information for this trip drove me crazy! Not sure how you all do it year after year! Thankfully I had the rest of you to go crazy with. @yulilin3, your SWW thread was the most useful and kind and respectful I've ever been a part of on the DISBoards, and I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for making our trip so memorable and magical!

Now, on to my report! DH is a die-hard SW fan, so we've always talked about how much fun it would be to go to WDW for SWW, especially after they introduced the character meals last year. So when they announced that they were coming back for 2015, we made the decision to book a quick, long weekend the day after DD finished school, hoping to avoid as much of the summer crowd (and heat!) as possible. We arrived in Orlando on Friday, May 29, and had a half-day of SWW planned. We walked over to HS from the Yacht Club (so glad we decided to stay within walking distance of HS!!), got our stormtrooper magic shot at the front of the park, then showed DH the route for the Chewie run before heading to H&V for dinner. While DH checked in, I ran over to Peevy's to collect a coveted Boba Fett stein, and DS found a young couple to engage in a light saber duel with while we were waiting. SW fans are truly the nicest, friendliest people I've encountered at Disney!

We all loved the Jedi Mickey dinner. DH thought it was some of the best buffet food he's had on property and the interactions with the characters were great. And the desserts....oh my! We may have each tried all 3 cupcakes......

After dinner we headed over to Darth Maul's M&G. The kids (DD6 and DS4) were terrified of him and refused to get in the picture. I'll even admit he was pretty scary and really stayed in character. We tried to get the lightsaber magic shot next, but it was 7:30 and they were closing down for the night. Unfortunately, we never made it back for that one. After meeting Darth Maul, we had a FP for TSMM and then went to the early showing of Fantasmic! We had the FtF package for Sunday, so didn't mind skipping the fireworks that night (though after seeing them on Sunday I wish we hadn't! As many others have said, they are some of the best WDW fireworks I've seen!). Though I will say that as we were exiting F!, the fireworks preshow was just ending, so its definitely possible to do both the first showing of F! and the SWW fireworks, but you will not be left with the best position on the street for the fireworks.

Saturday was devoted to Magic Kingdom, then we were back to HS on Sunday, May 31. Due to the early closure of MK that day, it is my understanding that HS was more crowded that day than Sundays unusually are. It was much more crowded that night than it had been on Friday. And it was HOT. But we weren't going to let that hold us back! We left the YC about 6:45 that morning and arrived at HS just after 7:00. We were only a half-dozen or so families back from the turnstiles, but unfortunately lost a bit of time when entering as my MB wouldn't scan. So we were a bit further back from the rope than I had hoped, but still in great position for the Chewie run! The strormtrooper opening show was great and then we were off...following the recommended path to Chewie. The stroller held us back a bit, but we were still only 10-12 families back when we got in line....and watched tons of people coming from the wrong direction filling in behind us. I felt like a VIP :)

We were out of Chewie's line by 8:20, then headed over to Queen Amidala's M&G and rode Star Tours before checking in for our 9:10 Galactic Breakfast. Though DS had refused to meet Chewie or Amidala, he LOVED the characters at SciFi! The kids did not stop trading with the Jawas the entire meal, and got varying items in return - from a paper SciFi driver's license to a decorated celebration pin, wrapped and tied with a bow! And the food was excellent...though the blue milk was a bit odd. We were done eating a little after 10, saw no line at Tattoine Traders, so stopped to build a droid and a lightsaber before checking in for the FtF parade viewing.

The snacks and water provided in the viewing area were a wonderful perk, especially considering how hot it was already, but it only took about 5 minutes before both DS and I were covered in melted Mickey bar. And we weren't the only ones :) The separate viewing area for the kids was nice, but once the parade started the kids in front of mine stood up, and adults starting filling in the space, so neither of them could see. I was able to pull DD in front of where I was standing against the rope next to the kids' area, and my 6'5" DH (who was already standing at the back of the viewing area) put DS onto his shoulders so he could see. I was really bummed that this had happened, but we all still ended up having a great view of the parade (that we hand't held for 2 hours!), so the FtF package was already worth it. Even in the shade, though, it was getting HOT, so we made the decision to leave the park after the parade and chill out at the resort for a few hours before heading back that night. Thankfully we missed the torrential downpour that afternoon (kids were napping when it rolled through), and it then cooled off *a bit* by the time we left for our 5:30 Rebel Hangar ADR.

Rebel Hangar was one of the highlights of the weekend for us all. The ambiance was spectacular, the food great, and the price point perfect. I sure hope they continue this next year. And as an added bonus, we got to meet Sabine and Ezra. Greedo walked through a few times, as well, but never came to our area of the restaurant, and there were some Jawas there trading, too, which the kids loved (again!). Plus we hung out with the Cantina band outside while we were waiting to be seated (one of them was blowing bubbles with DS!). We lingered over our meal for a bit (kids had the Dark Fried, DH and I shared the sliders, which were amazing!, the only thing I wouldn't recommend was the Chips and Sith. It looked awesome, but was pretty bland, IMO.), then headed over to the Luke / Leia meet & greet to try and time the droids. We got in line a little after 7 (line was tripled back and the CM was estimating the wait to be about an hour, so I knew we would be cutting it close). But somehow we were only about 5 families back from the front when the droids came out!! It was one of the best moments of the weekend, as DH had told me when we started planning that the droids were his priority meet. I knew it was going to be hard, and maybe impossible (especially after reports from the first 2 weekends about C3PO not being there at all), so I didn't even tell him about the possibility of meeting all 4 at once. And you can imagine his surprise when it happened!! He lit up like a little kid on Christmas morning :)

After meeting with the droids, we gave the kids a SW break and rode TSMM and watched Muppet Vision. Then it was time to check in for the dessert party. The area didn't feel crowded as others had mentioned (we had the premium package), but we did have to share a table with another family. We had a great view of the stage for the preshow, but were a bit too close for the fireworks (IMO - DH loved that they were right above us). And, as I've said, they are not to be missed. It's the score that makes them, I think, and I only wish one of us had thought to record them.

So all in all, a very productive day and a half at SWW. We were not interested in any celebrity autographs, and the kids would not have sat through any of the shows, so we had plenty of time to dedicate to the meals and character M&G's. We also had to break for naps, and mix in a little non-SWW stuff for the kiddos, but definitely accomplished all we had set out to do. And I was really surprised by how much my kids enjoyed all of the SW stuff, as only recently did DH introduce them to the Episodes I - VI. And now that we are home, they haven't stopped "playing" Star Wars, and are asking if we can go back again next year. :)

Having no prior SWW experience, I have nothing to compare our time to, but here are my final thoughts:

Meals - Excellent. SciFi and H&V very pricey, but worth it. RH was the "hidden gem" of the weekend.
Character Interactions - Excellent, both inside the meals and outside. Roaming characters were lots of fun too. They definitely stay in character!
Feel the Force Package - Worth the money for the parade viewing alone. Dessert party was a nice bonus, it was great to relax in an open space and enjoy an adult beverage and some cupcakes while waiting for the fireworks to start.
Weather - HOT! We normally travel in the off-season, so did not know what to expect from late May / early June. We came prepared with FrogTogs, misting fans and lots of water. And took breaks, both in and out of the park, which was essential. We were still surprised by how HOT it was.....even at 7 a.m.!
Fireworks - Not to be missed, see them as many times as you can!

Thank you all again for sharing your knowledge and experiences. We would not have had such an amazing weekend without all of you on the SWW thread and I hope everyone else had as many magical moments as we did!

MTFBWY all

Well my laptop crashed! Using my oldest daughter's while she is at band practice-so quick recap-really want to do more later with pics once we get our MM photos and the hundreds off our phones lol!
We did Friday and Saturday of Weekend IV and Friday of Weekend V. We had a couple RH reservations-the first one during the week on a Tuesday(6/3) early -reservation was for 4:05. And who do we see right away? Chewie! Then a stormtrooper walks by-he shook his head at question of if we could get a picture-but a few minutes later circled back and started letting my son know he was watching him, then my middle daughter pulls out her lightsaber so the ST gestured her to get up and showed her his blaster and indicated she better watch herself-he kept deactivating the saber. The kids also traded with some Jawas. I think we ordered at least 60% of the menu-including a couple themed drinks-got a deathstar and a millennium falcon glow thingy. The place is amazingly themed. FYI-we had memory maker and something new this year-you get pictures of characters. My DH and middle child took a pic tuesday evening near the entrance and Sabine and Ezra are "magically" standing with them!

Friday of Weekend IV we got there right before they opened up the park for the Stormtrooper welcome-a little later than planned but not a big deal. We did the Chewie walk and waited about 40 minutes-but great interaction. We met a couple really great people in line-including a family that had been at Celebration this year. Then it was time for our Galactic Breakfast. The character interaction was great (Greedo was being a bit of a silly stinker with the kids-they told him they had seen his ad-and I think one of them asked how to get a job like that?) My son had his rebel blaster on the table so the Stormtroopers came by several times and indicated they were watching him. Was nice to get photo with Boba Fett and DV without having to wait in line. Good food and we took a lot of our pastries in a to go box. Our CM was super too. while we liked the breakfast a lot it was pricey for 5 people! We had fastpasses for Star Tours, Rebels show, and SotS show. We did Star Tours early (FP was for lunchtime) and then checked out Darths Mall. Watched the Rebel season 1 recap (nice A/C break too) Got a couple magic shots (fighting DV and the force push). The Rebels show was neat in that it revealed JEJ back for vader's voice but I have to say this was our least fave show. The SotS show was slightly delayed-deduced later probably because of chatty Jeremy Bulloch. Great show though. Did dinner at Prime Time while the downpour happened! DS and I hopped in Mace Windu and Shaak Ti's line while the others headed to RnR single rider and ToT. We ended up with Kit Fisto! Then we scoped a spot by Echo lake for Fireworks. Best fireworks anywhere!

Saturday we got to the park after opening (with a tween girl and teen girl there ain't no way I am fighting that battle to get them up early multiple days in a row lol). Checked in for our premium FtF package and chose Obi wan and beyond for our FP. Awesome view of stage, OK for parade (we didn't line up early to get into package area-they did have area for kids to sit up front though). Snacks great-I think the kids had at least 3 items each (not counting drinks). As we didn't see parade Friday it was still a good area to view parade. Caught lunch with Yuli at ABC Commissary (Stephanie's costume is just incredible). Then DH and middle wandered off to do ToT (at this point was the third or fourth time they've done it). Bribed my son with a Darth Goofy to get his picture taken with Darth Maul -very cool character interactions (side note-really enjoyed watching others interactions while waiting in line for all the characters- the characters are just so good at staying in character!!) Totally worth the bribe. Did the lego build. Had another Rebel Hangar reservation (why not? gotta eat). Caught the cantina band this time. Posted a twitter photo of my son that ended up on the big screen at the end of the night (he thought he was pretty cool). Caught Visit to the Maul (believe this was a show that had JAT's daughter onstage). Then Obi-Wan and beyond. This ended up being one of our very favorite shows-WOW! This is the show my son is STILL talking about-and that is saying something coming from a 9 year old. The package seats are amazing. Then about time for dessert party - music awesome, plenty of space, plenty of food, great viewing of stage. And shivers again for fireworks. The girls and I were so hyped up after that that we headed over to MK for EMH til 2 am (note-do not go to MK bus-hop a monorail resort bus and take monorail or walk from Contemporary)

The Friday of Weekend V we were offsite-and I was the only one who wanted to be there for opening show so DH dropped me off early-got up front and close to the Stormtropper show. Got a pastry and coffee from Starbucks then headed to Queen Amidala's line, then ST (didn't know I'd met fellow disser til later-gave his son one of my extra Magic Your Band covers). Then decided to got scope out a shady area for parade while waiting for family to catch up-went and got my Boba Fett stein and Han Solo popcorn bucket too-ended up with awesome pics!! We had a TSM fastpass, Frank oz FP and SotS FP but no other real plans other than get as many characters as possible. We did hop to Epcot for lunch then. did TSM, got in Anakin's line but ended up with Mace Windu and Shaak Ti (which was fine) did some shopping, SotS (Peter Mayhew and Ray Park), Frank Oz-we pretty much grabbed food from that food court by the theater and got right back in fastpass line for Oz-they were letting people in early for FP too. Not sure kids appreciated the show as much as the adults. At one point I swear Frank Oz almost was in tears at the love and appreciation coming from the audience. JAT is such a good host and did a distracting joke to give him a moment to recover. DH took 2 kids back to condo while the oldest and I tried to time meeting the droids-ran into Yuli in a shop and she advised getting in line at 6:50 or so. As my oldest wanted to hit Darth's mall again and we got stuck in checkout line had to book it over there. Ended up working out (thanks to cooperation of a couple families around us) and got the jackpot. Scoped out a spot in front of Brown Derby for Stage show and fireworks (moving over to the arch by animation courtyard after the stage show gives an almost unobstructed view of fireworks- a tip given to us by a guy who has been coming to SWW (stays for a month at AoA) for several years.

Package FtF-we did premium-this is completely worth it-if you only have one day then the deluxe is definitely worth it. As I had several days to spread fastpasses for shows over, and we were onsite so could book at 60 days, the premium fit our needs well.

SWW meals-while we did like Galactic Breakfast and was great to get photos-it is very pricey for the 5 of us ($300 for BREAKFAST!) so not sure if this would be a repeat
-loved Rebel Hangar, had 3 reservations but ended up canceling the last one. However this was our favorite place of all. We had great characters, especially during the week and earlier time. I have seen several not nice comments on FB about RH-mainly "disappointed by characters or lack thereof". HERE is where Disney dropped the ball in not doing a much better job in being upfront on what to expect. I really think some people heard through the grapevine of what to expect-and expected more like a pricey character meal with guarenteed meets- and so were disappointed in reality. I have done my best to tactfully remind them that it is not a promised character meal, clearly states not on dining plan, clearly states "small bites" and appetizer type foods. Disney was really behind in even announcing this place. But best in class for the price.

Characters-wow, just wow. Being our first SWW wasn't sure what to expect but ended up meeting more than I really expected and such fun.

Crowds-high, heard several veterans state that crowds were way up compared to years past. I expected high crowds so really didn't bother me at all. Plus-maybe because we are all geeks at heart?-every single line we waited in was fun-fun to people watch, fun to talk to others waiting. Our trip last year to Disney I saw so many rude, entitled people and there was none of that at SWW (actually crowds at other parks were good too).

Autographs-didn't even try as the times were during show times or meal times

We had a fabulous time-99.99% because of the thread on here. Planning is priceless and where Disney truly lacks is getting info out in timely manner. Would have been lost and confused and disappointed in many things if not for advance notice of things here (Galactic Breakfast, Rebel hangar, fastpasses for shows, and timing of droids!!)

So much for "quick" LOLOL
Loved your "quick" recap !

Man, I hate to be that guy, but for what its worth, the Rodian at Sci-Fi breakfast is Greedo, the Rodian at Rebel Hanger is not. He's a different Rodian.

eta also, if you are thinking that it must be Tseebo because it is Star Wars Rebels, he isn't Tseebo either.

Greedo:
WepXO7VE36hi6TCDQIRJREpk35TsxzXxUYgKyQyH7yA=w274-h485-no
oORNjQjN7KgkRcu8OIaJm9doLDArWsNHoVDZhKDuo9k=w274-h485-no

Not Greedo
4Fugxp8PjvZG6P347PkbMfIdTAL-t9-Eld7VIyKvY_M=w274-h485-no

j7NCgl3MvXvLVDFcD9pmR6zpgLKDls8ZDcTInWIRtLo=w862-h485-no

Last edited:
Great reports guys. I need these desperately. I have almost a year to go still. Although, I will probably be fine once Yuli starts the thread back up in September.

STAR WARS WEEKEND V REPORT:

I will say what everyone else has said and say “THANK YOU!” to @yulilin3 and everyone else that helped plan our Star Wars Weekend V. It was such a blast even though we didn’t do the entire weekend while we were there. Keep in mind going into the weekend I’m the huge Star Wars fan in the family. My DW likes it and my DD8 only likes the characters Chewbacca and Ewoks. Here we go:

We had Rebel Hangar reservation for 5:15pm on Thursday. We met Chewbacca, a Cantina band member, two stormtroopers, two jawas, and Greedo. One stormtrooper was funny the other was serious. Chewbacca was nice enough to block the lights in the background so we could get a better picture.
dG54HrQ.jpg

The jawas were fun to trade with. We sat at the table with the Han Solo centerpiece and Greedo didn’t like that at all. He gave the statue an “I’m watching you” motion.
YvfAkmT.jpg
P56SgYr.jpg

The food was great. My wife and I had the lightsaber bites; our DD had The Dark Fried. We all shared the fries. I hope they keep this the same format for next year and not make it a character meal.

Friday was our full “Star Wars Day”. We arrived at 7:30am. There were about 15 people in each line to get into the park. Since we saw Chewie the night before we didn’t feel the need to do the Chewie Run so no need to get there any earlier.
2GOjS9v.jpg

After the stormtroopers opening we went to the main stage and watched a few skits. Then off to find a Boba Fett stein. Maybe because it was early in the morning but it seemed that all the drink stations had plenty of steins. It was also nice not to have anywhere to be first thing in the park. The amount of people “running” to Darth’s Mall or JTA was crazy. Around 9:45am we went over and got our lanyards for the FtF DPP.
gfaNOIp.jpg

The CM checking folks in was really nice and answered all of our questions. We grabbed a curb spot near the corner of the roped off area and waited for drinks/snacks and the parade. At 10am they rolled the carts of drinks and snacks over. We each got a Mickey ice cream bar and water. Also shared a popcorn. Next year I will take advantage of this more. Ha! At this point the weather was just right. Not too hot and the umbrellas in the roped off area helped a bunch. The check-in CM came out before the parade started and said to get ready to walk behind the end of the parade when the 3rd or 4th car passed. Just one more way to let us know they had everything under control. The parade was fantastic. All the characters gave us opportunities to get that one action shot before they moved on. I am not the photographer as my wife so most of my shots were just a bit late. I did get one good one.
9iOSxM3.jpg

So at the end of the parade we followed along and got front row to the “opening ceremony” with James Arnold Taylor and all the other guests.
31S7dZ5.jpg
le63i2k.jpg

Afterwards we went to the animation building to cool off. We had Star Tours FP+ later so to fill the time we went to Darth’s Mall to look around. My wife was VERY pleased that we could walk right in with our FtF DPP passes after seeing everyone standing in line. Bought a few things at Darth’s Mall then headed to Star Tours. Waiting in line we saw Princess Leia walking above us. Wish we saw her sooner to get a better picture. It was fun watching people's reactions when they looked above and noticed her.
VSN7ohT.jpg

When we came out of Star Tours we realized we completely missed the first show, Behind the Force Rebels. Doh! It ended up working out since we haven’t watched the show yet and needed to eat lunch. After lunch it was time for Stars of the Saga. My DD, the non-SW fan, wanted to see the stormtrooper pre-show if nothing else. She laughed her head off the entire time. By this point she was talking about coming back next year. YES!!! Ray Park and Peter Mayhew were great.
teMhp3J.jpg

They showed the new Episode VII trailer which was neat to watch with Ray and Peter. Here is my video.We left the theater to get back in line for A Conversation with Frank Oz.
ER4Txpb.jpg

Frank Oz’s show was fun. He just seems so down to earth and loves to put the spotlight on everyone around him. After Frank we were off to Jedi Mickey’s dinner for a 6:30pm reservation. They were a little backed up so we didn’t get in until maybe 10-15 minutes later. My DD loved this meal. Me? I could have done the Rebel Hangar again. Other than Goofy giving me a lightsaber battle it didn’t feel like Star Wars. It was my DD idea to make the double lightsaber. YES AGAIN!!!
eCAppQK.jpg

Next up was the dessert party and fireworks show.
gcBT8Rh.jpg

I was full from dinner so I only had the adult beverages. My DW loved the desserts and some beverages. Since we were up at 6am it was a long day for my DD. She was done and decided to sit down by our table. Bad choice as it was getting dark and some poor lady tripped over her. My DD did eventually perk up and stood up to watch the JAT show and fireworks.
FpLlXq7.jpg

To be honest the FtF DPP was worth it for the parade spot, Darth’s Mall and access to all shows but the dessert party was the “icing on the cake”. Sorry I had to. My DW loved the DJ and we all enjoyed the fireworks set to Star Wars music. End of day. All of us tired, feet and legs aching. It was a great day.

Saturday we had reservations for the Galactic Breakfast at 9:30am. We agreed on taking a serious picture with Darth Vader and Boba Fett but our DD didn’t read the memo I guess.
XdIVAdO.jpg

Our waitress was great at explaining the menu and the characters coming around. We got to meet stormtroopers, Greedo, and jawas. The jawas here had better stuff to trade. I don’t know if that was by design or just luck compared to the Rebel Hangar. Two funny interactions happened. One jawa walked up with a guy. I assumed it was a CM helping out but it turned out it was a random guy that was traded to the jawa. Unfortunately we didn’t have anything good enough to trade for him so they went on. A few tables down a stormtrooper approached them and the guy explained his situation. Not sure what was said next but the poor guy was arrested and hauled off. The stormtrooper eventually brought him back to his family. The other interaction was Greedo not liking my Millennium Falcon shirt. When me and my DD took a picture he kept nudging me. I nudged him back. The clips and trailers they showed on the big screen were great.
xTEgf9p.jpg

This was the end to our Star Wars Weekend, or was it?....

Sunday was our first day of two at Magic Kingdom. We had a couple FP+ in the morning, went back to the resort to cool off and rest, then headed back to meet Anna and Elsa and have dinner at Be Our Guest. We got to the park a little early so my DD wanted to ride Prince Charming’s Carousel. Didn’t look like much of a line so sure why not? As we are waiting my wife gasps, “Is that Frank Oz?”
KrE8Adu.jpg

Holy cow a CM is about to let Frank Oz on the next ride on the carousel! The same one we are about to ride. I tell my DD, “You see the man over there in the suit? That’s Frank Oz. You know the voice of Yoda, Cookie Monster, blah, blah, blah. Whatever horse he goes to you get one close to him.” So he and his family go to the horses on the left side of where we are waiting. My DD, of course, takes off to the right for a horse she has an eye on. Being the parent of the year I tell her to come back and go to the left. We end up on the horses in front of Frank and his family. I try to play it cool and pretend I don’t notice him for the entire ride. I suck at selfies but manage to get a couple in.
z1dFvOh.jpg

At the end of the ride I ask him for a picture together. He tells me, “I could but then it wouldn’t be fair for everyone else. How about a handshake?” Not exactly what he said but he didn't want to draw attention and I understood. So I end up shaking his hand and thanking him for all of his work. A part of me didn’t want to bug him while he was spending time with his family but when will I ever have that chance again? Since then I’ve jokingly made meeting Frank Oz like a fishing story. It will grow bigger and bigger each time I tell it.
7wVO7Qz.jpg

Not sure who he is talking to here. I assume a random fan like me. If you notice there isn't much attention drawn to him. I wonder how many other people recognized him?

In my head I am planning for next year. We had such a great time. My DD says she likes Episode VI now. She’s quickly growing to love it like I do. She even said she would watch the new movie this December just for me. If that isn’t a stamp of approval I don't know what is... I have a bunch more pictures I may add later if anyone is interested.

(I deny any video taking by me of Frank Oz walking to the exit of the carousel ride. That would be just plain silly to do.)

Loving all the reports, thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences.
Seems to me that Rebel Hangar was the big hit of the year, I have been reading some negative comments on other social media sites and it's like one of you said, they were expecting a character meal. At that price that would've been impossible.
I can not reiterate this enough, please, please, please share your thoughts with Disney by emailing them. They are used to getting a lot of complaints and negative emails, I'm not saying don't do that, I did, I told them that I didn't like not having Rebel characters out for regular meets and also no autograph sessions in the morning. But please share the positives you had. They will take them into account for next year.
Also I've been reading on some SWW fb pages people complaining about how the autograph sessions worked: it's been like this for years now, someone actually suggested going back to how it was before, by just lining up for celebs after the park opened, do you know how much time we wasted in that line? Also people complaining about not knowing when shows happened and such, you have to research and plan, there's no excuse to spend that much money, go to a Disney park and not look ahead of time at what you want to do.
We actually get the information to plan ahead of time, it used to be we got the map that first Friday, imagine how that was.
So does anyone want to give a list, based on your families experiences from this year, on things you would like see improved during SWW. Please let's leave out the weather , Disney can't control that.

unrelated but Deb Wills just posted this...long lines for FSF
CHtCvHMWgAAV-FS.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 103509 View attachment 103510 View attachment 103511 View attachment 103513 Huge thanks to all of you in the previous thread who made our trip amazing! You all helped so much with planning. I'll try and give a short review from our visit on Weekend IV. We was at SWW on that Friday and Sunday. I felt like Sunday was a lot more crowded than Sunday. On Friday we had a galactic breakfast first thing at 8:05. I got to JTA sign ups at 7:55 and the line was 40 minutes wait so I had to leave the line to head for breakfast. There were Jawas, Storm troopers and Greedo. They all visit your table usually once. We forgot to get a storm trooper signature not aware of the one visit per table and waited maybe 30 minutes for him to come back around and then A CM told us he likely wouldn't be back since he seen is once so she will just take the saver to him to sign. So just a tip, don't wait for them to come back..just kindly ask a cm for a an autograph and they will. Breakfast was great! After breakfast I went to JTA around 9:30 assuming all spots were taken considering the long line earlier that morning but to my surprise there were still evening times left! So don't give up if you have an early breakfast, check back after. You may get lucky or you may not. Just depends on crowd. The line for Chewie was very long but moved quickly. We got up to Chewie at 12:55 and an Ewok was scheduled to come out with him at 1. I tried to let others in front of me but the CMs were not allowing it. So I did not get an EWok but was thrilled to get Chewie. He was my favorite character experience as my sons did not want to let him go, he was so fun! That evening we were in line for Kit Fisto and saw nasty clouds coming. The CMs said if lightening was in a 7 mile radius the characters had to leave. Sure enough it started pouring. We had reservations at Rebel Hangar so we just had to run and get there. We were soaked. We ended up waiting over an hour to be seated. I'm guessing no one wanted to give up their tables because they didn't want to go out in the pouring rain. Food was ok. I really wish we had seen characters but the rain kept them from coming. Music was great though! Later we got back in line for Kit and Mace. The CMs were super awesome and did not care about us letting people in front of us if we were waiting for a different character. We stood in line 3 different times to get 3 different characters that came out at different times and they were aware of the time we was there and we're happy to let others go in front of us if they wanted a different character too. We had one terrible experience that really upset me and I wish I had gotten their name. It was at the magic shots. My son was talking to me about how he wanted me to pose with him and the CM said "blah blah blah..just stand over there please." It was the most obnoxious thing I had ever heard at Disney. In the moment I did not say anything but I wish I could go back in time so I could speak my mind. Now let's talk fireworks..in my opinion they are the best at Disney! No joke! I filmed the whole thing and I'm still at home watching it over and over! The best!! After the fireworks we went to fantastic and like others had said, it wasn't even half full. I highly recommend second show so your not rushing from first show to fireworks. Overall SWW was awesome and meeting people from all over that shared the same enthusiasm was so exciting. Id totally go again and plan to! Everyone shoulder to shoulder with you was so nice and just as excited! I also want to thank who ever it was from previous thread who posted a picture of their signed light saber. I let my 2 sons do it instead of a book and they loved it! Such a great idea!! We are hanging them up on their walls :)
Glad your boys enjoyed the lightsaber idea! I love the way mine turned out and am trying to decide where to put it in my apartment.

I find myself in front of the computer often...just looking at the screen...no red notifications on the top right :(
Keep the reports coming, and picture, pictures help

There's a couple red notifications for you :) Also, what time should I line up for the droids? Are there any boba fett steins anywhere? Oh and how early do I need to line up for the parade?

And could you please help me to meet chopper? Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter