***Official September 2021 Thread***

The mask rules have changed again.

“Since May, face coverings have been optional for Guests in outdoor common areas, and beginning Thursday, August 19, face coverings will also be optional for Guests in outdoor attractions, outdoor queues and outdoor theaters at Walt Disney World Resort.

As a reminder, face coverings remain required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) while indoors and in Disney buses, monorail and Disney Skyliner, regardless of vaccination status.”

https://blogmickey.com/2021/08/face...s-at-outdoor-attractions-queues-and-theaters/

I am surprised that they are continuing to reduce mask requirements right now when COVID numbers in Disney area are so high instead of waiting a few more weeks for the expected decline in COVID numbers...meanwhile there are obviously quite a few cancellations as I was able to get Beaches & Cream and 2 OHana ADRs today for Sept🙂

THIs is crazy, it’s weeks away from September and this thread has no activity :sad2: Come on everyone, where’s the excitement??..

THIs is crazy, it’s weeks away from September and this thread has no activity :sad2: Come on everyone, where’s the excitement??..

I’m here! I’m excited...exhausted from all that’s going on in the world both “my world” and the “real world” but excited...also feeling a little guilty with all the misery in some parts of the world right now 😐. Will be arriving at GDT on 9/7-9/12 then CCV 9/12-9/16. Have tix for 2 Boo Bashes. ADRs at Topolinos, Sebastians (mtg friend), Beaches & Cream, WGP, Homecoming, Toledo, OHanas. Looking forward to Geyser Point and getting over to Capt Cooke’s for the Nachos🤪

Does anyone know when the Disney Genie and Lightening Lane features begin???
“$15 per ticket at DW and $20 a day at DL guests can use the new lightening lane at select attractions”….looks like you pay and then select next available time for an attraction...I think it’s $15 per person per day...

Today is my 30-day mark. I'm excited, but also apprehensive. We are vaccinated and don't mind wearing masks, so it has nothing to do with COVID. But I need to know when Genie is being introduced. If during our trip, that's more money out of our pocket. *sigh* This has been an almost two-year journey to get this trip done due to the pandemic. I have been on the phone with Disney more in this past year than I have all prior years before combined. I am going to take everything in stride, but I think DH is already grumpy about all the changes (and upcharges).

Today is my 30-day mark. I'm excited, but also apprehensive. We are vaccinated and don't mind wearing masks, so it has nothing to do with COVID. But I need to know when Genie is being introduced. If during our trip, that's more money out of our pocket. *sigh* This has been an almost two-year journey to get this trip done due to the pandemic. I have been on the phone with Disney more in this past year than I have all prior years before combined. I am going to take everything in stride, but I think DH is already grumpy about all the changes (and upcharges).
If
You should have pretty low crowds the last weeks before the craziness of the 50th but still see the decorations and Boo Bash looks pretty good. You should have a great trip🙂

33 days for me. Touring Plans still showing 1's and 3's for the 9 days. I think you're right, Lsdolphin; just before the 50th should be kinda slow. I leave on Sept 30 so I suspect the last 3 or 4 days will see an surge of people. It'll be interesting if this new program debut's while we're there.

I’m here! I’m excited...exhausted from all that’s going on in the world both “my world” and the “real world” but excited...also feeling a little guilty with all the misery in some parts of the world right now 😐. Will be arriving at GDT on 9/7-9/12 then CCV 9/12-9/16. Have tix for 2 Boo Bashes. ADRs at Topolinos, Sebastians (mtg friend), Beaches & Cream, WGP, Homecoming, Toledo, OHanas. Looking forward to Geyser Point and getting over to Capt Cooke’s for the Nachos🤪
I get it. Hard to get excited with all the Corona numbers and all the things going on. We are there right before you. We are at BCV from 29th- 8th. Too many ADRs to list. It started as we aren’t making any reservations, and now have at least 1 each day. We just did GDT for 10 days in March. I don’t know if you have stayed before but it was amazing. We were out of DVC points but wanted something nice still without breaking the bank. It feels deluxe to us. It’s our first time at BCV.

This is our third trip since reopening and I’m still cautiously excited. With everything changing constantly we’ve been kind of cringing every time I look online. I don’t mind the masks inside at all, but we did them outside last September and it was brutal. So I was sweating that with the numbers going up they were going to bring them back outside. I was super happy when they just updated going the other way. I definitely take it more in stride than my DH too. But it’s much better now than before so I’m hoping he doesn’t complain as much. :rotfl:

I get it. Hard to get excited with all the Corona numbers and all the things going on. We are there right before you. We are at BCV from 29th- 8th. Too many ADRs to list. It started as we aren’t making any reservations, and now have at least 1 each day. We just did GDT for 10 days in March. I don’t know if you have stayed before but it was amazing. We were out of DVC points but wanted something nice still without breaking the bank. It feels deluxe to us. It’s our first time at BCV.

Yes I have stayed in Cassitas and in Cabanas back when they had the “club” service and last 2 trips have been at GDT. I do still get the “coming home” feeling when I return to WL and Poly which I don’t get at GDT although I do enjoy staying there. We have tix for the Boo Bash on 7th. Enjoy your trip!!!

We hit the road a week from today. 2 adults full vaccinated since March. We're there 8/28 - 9/5 at Pop Century and I'm actually getting pretty excited about the crowd levels and what I'm reading in the "There just now" thread. This could possibly be the lowest crowds we've ever seen during a Disney visit. We also have a Boo Bash ticket on that Friday. Hard to say that I'm excited with all that's going on but I still am!

We hit the road a week from today. 2 adults full vaccinated since March. We're there 8/28 - 9/5 at Pop Century and I'm actually getting pretty excited about the crowd levels and what I'm reading in the "There just now" thread. This could possibly be the lowest crowds we've ever seen during a Disney visit. We also have a Boo Bash ticket on that Friday. Hard to say that I'm excited with all that's going on but I still am!
I feel the same way. We've always seen smaller crowds in September but these sound miniscule and I am here for it!! We are 5 all vaccinated since April but still heavy-maskers. Totally looking forward to it. We arrive 9/4.

Just trying to change an ADR and book Boma for dinner and the dining screen keeps going blank when I try to search for Boma availability not sure if problem is with my iPad or the site.

Please add our trip to the list! As you can see, we LOVE split stays :rotfl2::jumping1:. Our daughter graduated from college during the Pandemic & like so many others, missed out on many, many things so the 1st part of the trip is for her, our Son was able to get time off as well so we are all going. The kids go to back to their respective homes the 12th & DH & I stay for a bit more magic. I think this is the last time it will be just the 4 of us at WDW.

9/6-9/9 - Bay Lake Towers
9/9-9/12 - Kidani
kids leave
9/12-9/14 - Riviera
9/14-9/17 - Grand Floridian

All DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter