***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't add text to previous post, this is picture of Banks from 5/2 according to his twitter.

Has anyone heard about what you do with your bags when you ride flight of passage? the seats don't appear to be bag friendly.

Has anyone heard about what you do with your bags when you ride flight of passage? the seats don't appear to be bag friendly.
There are storage bins located in the wall behind the seats. Merging you over to the Pandora thread.

So Banks Lee finally got to try and he is the first 1st person report I can find of someone not getting to ride. It appears to be an issue with leg shape and size and that what he calls shin guards prevented him from getting his leg right for it to lock. Just thought I'd pass that along.

This has been my concern since I first saw the seats... I'm on the shorter side 5'4 but I have larger calves.

So if I’m understanding correctly, they were giving out fp for FoP, but they didn’t have enough for everyone? So getting in line at least an hour early is recommended? Then for NRJ there is no fp?

My time slot is 9am-11am (I think). I was just checking my confirmation email and it doesn’t list the time, just the date. I am hoping it will get confirmed on the 12th.
Like othersa have said this is CM previews are being conducted, apparently they gave out more tickets to CM previews than to AP or DVC previews. That said I hope they have enough "fp" for everyone but continue to give them oout so preview goers can only do FoP once thus not making the line longer than it needs to be and everuone gets on it.
RNJ did not require a fp, I walked on, had a boat to myself, could've gone multiple times if I wanted to

Yep. I've heard capacity for 4 hour wait times.
Totally believe that, it is very, very long. I compare it to the full queue of Forbidden Journey.

Like, twice the size of Little Mermaid's queue?

That queue feels endless to me! Especially, when it's completely empty.
I would say that LM is not even half thas long as FoP

I wonder if the photopass opportunities locations will be added to the AK map later on? It'd be nice to know where to look for them.
There were about 4 photopass that I saw, they are not posted on the map but might be posted on MDE.
The were closer to the bridge, in the back by Pongu Pongu, by the entrance to FoP and on one closer to the exit towards Africa

So Banks Lee finally got to try and he is the first 1st person report I can find of someone not getting to ride. It appears to be an issue with leg shape and size and that what he calls shin guards prevented him from getting his leg right for it to lock. Just thought I'd pass that along.
I know Banks and I thought about him when all this talk about not being able to ride started, he is a tall guy, not neccesarily overweight around the belly.
Now that he described it, this is my best explanation about the leg restrain and why some might not "fit"
It's like a box that you have to fit your legs inside, knees and all, if you have very long legs there's no wiggle room you can't swing your legs, knees out like a butterfly, they have too stay pretty much directly in front of you...
Question, I rode the Harry Potter ride at Universal in Hollywood last summer, and although I hate 3d and 4d things... not a fan of things coming towards me or my face.... I was a big girl and rode it... although I closed my eyes a couple of times as did my daughter who was 7 at the time. Is FOP the same way, or is it a smoother and not as scary ride as HP? Thank you!
FoP is less scary and way smoother that FJ
Yeah like others have said there are compartments in the back against the wall, no lock or door, for those wondering you just place your stuff there like a cubbie from preschool, the back area doesn't move at all, just the platform where the ride vehicles are
This has been my concern since I first saw the seats... I'm on the shorter side 5'4 but I have larger calves.
I think you'll be fine.

A couple of other things I remembered
There are 2 restrooms in Pandora, one closer to NRJ and one by Satuli Canteen and Pongu Pongu
No Mickey Bars made the trip to Pandora
Like @FastPasser has said, if you have time when you go, engage in conversation with the CM, they have studied hard, they pointed out a couple of cool things about the land, imprints on the ground, plant and animal life. When I was walking the standby line at FoP there was a CM in the lab area that explained about all the experiments being conducted. This might not still happen once the land officially opens, but if you find yourself bored and a CM is available they have some really cool stories to tell.
I saw one comment about the size f the land itself, without including ride queues. It is smaller than I thought it would be, I think the lad that you can walk around, again not counting ride or queues, is about the same size as Camp Minnie Mickey was (including the area where they had the meet and greets) but still lots of winding passages and little bridges.
The face painting ranges from $18 to $25 for full face
The drum circle is a neat, interactive activity
The Wilderness Explorers have 2 stations inside Pandora, one close to the main entrance bridge and the other hidden across from the entrance to FoP
I got my magic shot and a lot of other pictures, not sure if people want to see them or not to avoid spoilers, let me know (magic shot is not the one with the wood sprite we have already seen, CM said that was only for Cast Party, I'm sure it'll pop up again though)

I keep remembering things, sorry for the constant posts. The signage was only for the restrooms and this one
18222108_1825284601132016_6736146752018329166_n.jpg

FoP is less scary and way smoother that FJ

So how do you think someone that gets motion sickness on Forbidden Journey, but is fine on Soarin and Star Tours, would do on Flight of Passage? Could they just close their eyes and be ok if it's too much?

A couple of other things I remembered
There are 2 restrooms in Pandora, one closer to NRJ and one by Satuli Canteen and Pongu Pongu
No Mickey Bars made the trip to Pandora
Like @FastPasser has said, if you have time when you go, engage in conversation with the CM, they have studied hard, they pointed out a couple of cool things about the land, imprints on the ground, plant and animal life. When I was walking the standby line at FoP there was a CM in the lab area that explained about all the experiments being conducted. This might not still happen once the land officially opens, but if you find yourself bored and a CM is available they have some really cool stories to tell.
I saw one comment about the size f the land itself, without including ride queues. It is smaller than I thought it would be, I think the lad that you can walk around, again not counting ride or queues, is about the same size as Camp Minnie Mickey was (including the area where they had the meet and greets) but still lots of winding passages and little bridges.
The face painting ranges from $18 to $25 for full face
The drum circle is a neat, interactive activity
The Wilderness Explorers have 2 stations inside Pandora, one close to the main entrance bridge and the other hidden across from the entrance to FoP
I got my magic shot and a lot of other pictures, not sure if people want to see them or not to avoid spoilers, let me know (magic shot is not the one with the wood sprite we have already seen, CM said that was only for Cast Party, I'm sure it'll pop up again though)
Is it possible to post the magic shot as a spoiler like others have? I would love to see it but wouldn't want you to spoil it for others.

So how do you think someone that gets motion sickness on Forbidden Journey, but is fine on Soarin and Star Tours, would do on Flight of Passage? Could they just close their eyes and be ok if it's too much?
I actually rode with someone that gets motions sickness on FJ, Spiderman and Transformers. He said he was completely fine on FoP
I don't think it will be neccesary for you to close your eyes

We were at AK last night. There were huge lines of folks in the pandora area. Asked a cm. He said invitation only preview. We are signed up for a preview on May 13 9-11. Not sure if we'll do it. We need to be heading to the airport by 11:30, so cutting it close.

Last edited:
Are there any benches or other places to sit while walking around Pandora?
the land has rock benches, no regular benches, like the ones they have in Adventureland by Sunshine Terrace but more natural
Plenty of seating at Satu'li, of course during prime meal times this will be full

Ugh now I am torn. We have a trip in July but only get one day for AK. I really want to see both rides and was going to fastness FOP and just queue for NRJ. Especially that FOP was set up with a potential 4 hour queue, it is obvious they are expecting that ride to have a brutal wait time. However, i also really want to see the full queue for FOP. Hmmm...what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter