***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have tickets to go on May 20 to Pandora with D23. My time slot is 6 - 8 PM. Does anyone have any ideas whether or not it will be possible to ride both rides? My guess is that there aren't THAT many D23 members in the Orlando area on that specific day. I am just hoping it is not a preview for other groups as well. I am hoping to get to ride both rides. I'm worried about fitting in the banshee, but I am also worried about my husband who cannot stand in long lines because of diabetic neuropathy and having to use the bathroom so often. Do you think we will get to ride both rides in the 2 hour preview for D23?

I'm wondering if there is a need to line up early for the D23 event as well. Any thoughts?

yulilin3 and rteetz, you're mods. What do we have to do to get an emoji of "making it rain"? Throwing dollars around? Something to indicate a willingness to sign over paychecks to The Mouse? Because, well, that's how I roll. And I'm not asking in a negative, complaining sort of way. I'm asking because banshees are coming home, we regularly spend on Star Wars stuff, and although I know there are negative responses to upsell opportunities at Disney, there are lots of us willing to embrace it. The banshees are a prime example.

It's a thought.

yulilin3, a thousand THOUSAND thank-yous for your reports, both for all that you told, and all that you withheld. You're the bomb.
:thanks:

I'll be writing these by subject.
Our preview time slot was noon to 2pm, i just came out of Pandora (4pm) no one looked like they were politely being told to leave
For in line at 10am and was 4th in line.
They let us in at 11:40 am paper fp for FoP noon to 12:15pm. My friend had a baby and she got a rider swap.
I went in with her husband, actually first in, the fp line goes through the outdoor queue, but once inside it's a quick walk top the loading queue, you do miss most of the standby.
Bad news, the ride was down, waited a full hour and 15 to ride
Spoiler free: it's soarin x 10. Beautiful, no distortion on the screen, gentle and smooth.
For spoiler full pm me
In my hour wait I did ask about body shape. Cm said that she hasn't had a problem but they have 3 safety points that have to click. One right below your chest, one on your back and one behind your knee.
It seems that the one at the knee is giving problems, I am very short and had to move my feet all the way in, pressed against the front of the vehicle, for it to click.
I had room on my torso to move so that wasn't a problem
She did say they are installing a ride vehicle in the front
While we waited I asked if they had a "ride down" announcement, cm looked at me and said "there's a lot of things we still need to have" she was obviously frustrated, I felt bad for all the cm, they all looked apologetic.
I would make an hour line on standby for this ride, I walked the standby line and it's amazing, super detailed
Next NRJ

Sounds like a fun ride! Hope the whole pandora thing was just as much :)

So Banks Lee finally got to try and he is the first 1st person report I can find of someone not getting to ride. It appears to be an issue with leg shape and size and that what he calls shin guards prevented him from getting his leg right for it to lock. Just thought I'd pass that along.

Who is Banks Lee? And Disney always seemed to pride itself on "pooh sized" accessibility - surprised they dropped the ball on this one

Of course, you can travel on the Hogwarts Express!
If Universal hadn't put Harry Potter in 2 parks I'm not certain they would have done a Hogwarts Express. Having part of the train as a prop (and photo opportunity for guests) was all they had before Diagon Alley was created.

Except you can stand at the head of the bridge and see Pandora. Not just the mountains but the plants. I just keep picturing the way The Seas used to be. You went on a aquavator and were transported to SeaBase Alpha. I know that wouldn't work here but I definitely didn't feel "transported" today.

I kinda feel like you're not getting what Im trying to say. The "travel to Pandora" schtick is lost. It literally just feels like you're walking across a bridge to a very well themed land located on Earth. Like... bridges don't lead to outerspace. Theres nothing that makes you feel like you're traveling to a far off moon.

Ok I've got the perfect quote for you from Walt Disney (see bolded): "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever."

yulilin3 and rteetz, you're mods. What do we have to do to get an emoji of "making it rain"? Throwing dollars around? Something to indicate a willingness to sign over paychecks to The Mouse? Because, well, that's how I roll. And I'm not asking in a negative, complaining sort of way. I'm asking because banshees are coming home, we regularly spend on Star Wars stuff, and although I know there are negative responses to upsell opportunities at Disney, there are lots of us willing to embrace it.

This is us, too!! Where do I vote for this emoji?!?!? :thumbsup2

Question, I rode the Harry Potter ride at Universal in Hollywood last summer, and although I hate 3d and 4d things... not a fan of things coming towards me or my face.... I was a big girl and rode it... although I closed my eyes a couple of times as did my daughter who was 7 at the time. Is FOP the same way, or is it a smoother and not as scary ride as HP? Thank you!

Interesting. I assume he can ride everything else at WDW?

To add details ...

Banks Lee‏ @BanksLee

I'm 6'2" and 330. I kinda feel that my long legs were a factor. Need more time to study the seat when test seats are installed.

Due to the way the seat works, there are three restraints that need to lock; one for the back and one for each leg.

For me, the back was fine but the leg restraints could not lock. This, I believe, is due to my legs being long & wide, plus the shin guard.

The shin guard kept me from being able to move either my knees or my feet forward enough to lock the leg restraints.

Do you ride Forbiden Journey?

Banks Lee‏ @BanksLee I can fit in the modified seats on each end.

Part of me feels like Disney needed Pandora to be successful. I'm only judging this based on the reports I keep reading. With the way Rivers of Light was handled, Animal Kingdom needed something that is positive. So far, I feel like it is getting that. The only negative I keep seeing are those seats on FoP, but so far, people seem to be understanding on why they aren't able to ride.

For those attending the previews, engage the CMs and have fun with them. Who knows, it might be your unlucky day and it could be me as I'm one of the first CMs you'll have to deal with.

Well if you (or, well, anyone here) happen to run into a solo, short lady with a large tattoo of a phoenix on her arm on the 16th, feel free to say hi! I might even wear my "Rumors of Light" button for this special occasion! ;) :laughing:

Last edited:
Under the Seas with Nemo always feels the longest because there is never a line and you have to walk through the whole thing as all hard/fixed walls
I was thinking the same thing!!! I am always mad when I take that ride. My mom has mobility issues ( can walk though) and I feel like it's Disney's sick punishment for that walk. Like airport security when there is no line but they won't open direct lanes.

I'm worried too, but I'm 3-4 inches shorter than Banks and about 35 pounds lighter so hopefully that'll be the difference. I'll know next Saturday and will report back.

So how tall is Banks? I've always thought of him as big, but not THAT big. He's probably taller than I thought.

C-3lc7ZXoAEMA7w.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter