OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 pretrip and trip report!

Was at Bath and Body works last night and picked up some Halloween stuff for in the camper for the trip. Got these awesome hand soaps, the better have my candy soap smells really great, and this really neat haunted house plug-in that lights up with some nice fall scents for the refills. When it's lit up the windows on the house look really neat.

20170907_084807-1512x2016-756x1008 (2).jpg 20170907_084832-1512x2016 (2).jpg

Went shopping by myself this afternoon for Fort decorations. Wally Weird doesn't have much decorations out yet but I did pick up 3 boxes of purple and green lights to go around our ez-up and 1 box of purple lights to go around the canopy of the tent. Also picked up a Halloween banner to hang from our Mickey light post. Will put pics up when it gets a little darker in the house for the lights to show good.

we had to cancel our Trip 9/20 into Oct. Our house had not sold so we are still working. as soon as someone buys it - I am retired!! Grumpy Aggie (Arnold) wants to work until end of year. We plan on going full time camping for a year or so then settle close to our Son In Seguin, Tx area. We do have reservations in late Feb thru mid March, 2018. How is the weather in March normally? All in Florida & path of Iram, be safe! You can replace stuff, but not your life. Prays coming strong that it will die down before hitting Florida. Mother Nature take a pill & calm down!!!

we had to cancel our Trip 9/20 into Oct. Our house had not sold so we are still working. as soon as someone buys it - I am retired!! Grumpy Aggie (Arnold) wants to work until end of year. We plan on going full time camping for a year or so then settle close to our Son In Seguin, Tx area. We do have reservations in late Feb thru mid March, 2018. How is the weather in March normally? All in Florida & path of Iram, be safe! You can replace stuff, but not your life. Prays coming strong that it will die down before hitting Florida. Mother Nature take a pill & calm down!!!

Sorry we won't get to see you this trip. Best of luck with the house sale. Late Feb when we have gone, weather is good, although we saw temps from a low of 40 to a high of 90 in a week. But for us was all good as we left below zero temps, so 40 was hot.
Waiting to see how things go and still prepping to leave.

Loving all of the updates! My DH and I got the last of our decorations this weekend! We got a light projector that Lowe's Hardware has. We are pretty excited about that. We also got the rest of our rope lights, some zip ties, and lots of batteries from the Dollar Tree. I was bummed that they were out of the purple lights, but orange works too.

Something else that we did this weekend was get our cars vacuumed out. While we were at the car wash, we found a kindness rock. It inspired us (well, mainly me) to paint our own rocks! I hope these are allowed to be hidden around the Fort! I know they aren't allowed in the parks.
rocks.jpg

I plan on painting more, this was just the start. My favorite are the balloons!

Also, I had a random thought tonight. Are there towels at the comfort stations, or should we bring our own?

Loving all of the updates! My DH and I got the last of our decorations this weekend! We got a light projector that Lowe's Hardware has. We are pretty excited about that. We also got the rest of our rope lights, some zip ties, and lots of batteries from the Dollar Tree. I was bummed that they were out of the purple lights, but orange works too.

Something else that we did this weekend was get our cars vacuumed out. While we were at the car wash, we found a kindness rock. It inspired us (well, mainly me) to paint our own rocks! I hope these are allowed to be hidden around the Fort! I know they aren't allowed in the parks.
View attachment 268567

I plan on painting more, this was just the start. My favorite are the balloons!

Also, I had a random thought tonight. Are there towels at the comfort stations, or should we bring our own?

There are no towels at the comfort stations, you need to bring your own.

It appears that Irma has caused a delay in the shipping of my magicbands. If this is the worst that happens to me from the hurricane I think I must count myself very lucky!

Made fastpasses this morning for our Halloween party night. One more camping trip for us this weekend and then I will start cleaning the camper and packing for Disney. 22 days!

Well I'm feeling a little better that the September thread people are only being relocated for this weekend, still on tenterhooks waiting for the official reopening date.

but the kids and I are continuing on with the daily countdown! Today's movie is Tinker Bell. Our craft activity is building these little bird houses and decorating them, which we will then hang in the yard of course.

20170913_080211-1512x2016 (2).jpg

20170914_192318-2016x1512.jpg

Just finished decorating the bands. Added some sparkle and princesses to the dd's bands, added a castle and my watch to mine. Dh is a stick in a mud and doesn't want his decorated.

Just finished decorating the bands. Added some sparkle and princesses to the dd's bands, added a castle and my watch to mine. Dh is a stick in a mud and doesn't want his decorated.

Those look great! Where did you get the castle stickers? They look great! I am debating if I want to decorate ours or not. Last time we went to the party I ordered some off of an Instagram user that I follow. She has some that would match our costumes perfectly, but I am so up in the air! Oh, and I got an email yesterday that ours have been shipped!!!

Those look great! Where did you get the castle stickers? They look great! I am debating if I want to decorate ours or not. Last time we went to the party I ordered some off of an Instagram user that I follow. She has some that would match our costumes perfectly, but I am so up in the air! Oh, and I got an email yesterday that ours have been shipped!!!

Well the brown castle sticker on my yellow band came out of one of the girls make a tiara kits that we did for the sleeping beauty movie countdown day and they didn't use it so I did lol. The little black castles are fingernail stickers that I had bought off someone from etsy more than a year ago. You can't see it in the pictures but there are also little tinker bells that were nail stickers too and I have a 9 3/4 sticker on mine cause I needed a harry potter reference even though I know it's blasphemy. The princesses are temporary tattoos. All of it is sealed with clear coat fingernail polish to keep them from rubbing off.

Last year I did a fun thing where I put glow in the dark fingernail polish on them so they glowed on the dark rides. They didn't glow very well just out in the parks at night though cause the parks are too well lit at night. You can find glow in the dark polish easily in Halloween stores.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter