OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 pretrip and trip report!

Today we are going camping at the Horse Park in Lexington, KY which is about an hour drive from our home. So todays Disney countdown movie is Aladdin to watch during the drive with a few small crafts that the kids can do in their carseats.

20170915_095739-1512x2016 (2).jpg

Hey October Fort Folks,

Well, I was part of the September Fort campers until Hurricane Irma decided to mess things up. Was scheduled for arrival Sept. 17th and had to reschedule for the 18th due to the storm. Yesterday I got another email from Disney stating that the Fort would be closed until further notice. Called the reservations number and finding that the CM really had no idea when the Fort would reopen. So, rather than take a chance, canceled everything. Yes, they would have put us up in a Resort but if it wasn't the Grand Floridian, I wasn't interested :tongue:

Checked the Fort reservations this morning and found an opening for the first week of October ... my wife says "book it Dano". It's a Full Hook Up site which we had with our other reservations ... looking forward to meeting some of you folks. Our arrival date is Oct. 1st

Hey October Fort Folks,

Well, I was part of the September Fort campers until Hurricane Irma decided to mess things up. Was scheduled for arrival Sept. 17th and had to reschedule for the 18th due to the storm. Yesterday I got another email from Disney stating that the Fort would be closed until further notice. Called the reservations number and finding that the CM really had no idea when the Fort would reopen. So, rather than take a chance, canceled everything. Yes, they would have put us up in a Resort but if it wasn't the Grand Floridian, I wasn't interested :tongue:

Checked the Fort reservations this morning and found an opening for the first week of October ... my wife says "book it Dano". It's a Full Hook Up site which we had with our other reservations ... looking forward to meeting some of you folks. Our arrival date is Oct. 1st

Well that didn't last long at all, tripleb.

The folks in the September thread are good people but their loss is our gain. Glad to have you with us.

October will be fun. :cool2:

Bama Ed

Hey October Fort Folks,

Glad to have you with us!! What's your checkout date? We arrive October 5th, hoping to get there around 1 pm that day. Maybe we can say howdy to each other if you are still there when I get there

Glad to have you with us!! What's your checkout date? We arrive October 5th, hoping to get there around 1 pm that day. Maybe we can say howdy to each other if you are still there when I get there

Glad to be here ruthies12 and glad to be able to make it to the Fort. Although we have been to Disney a whole bunch of times, we have never camped there. So, this is an exciting adventure for us. We will be there until the 6th so, our stay is rather short compared to the Sept. trip we had planed of 9 days. Doesn't really matter though, we are both retired and have Florida Resident Weekday passes that will take care of us for a full year :)

Here's a pic of our rig:

IMAG0144.jpg

View attachment 269716

Just finished decorating the bands. Added some sparkle and princesses to the dd's bands, added a castle and my watch to mine. Dh is a stick in a mud and doesn't want his decorated.

I must know what kind of stickers and glitter you used.. STeps would be helpful.. Please!!!! My daughter and I love glitter and I'm super jealous of your bands right now.

Glad to be here ruthies12 and glad to be able to make it to the Fort. Although we have been to Disney a whole bunch of times, we have never camped there. So, this is an exciting adventure for us. We will be there until the 6th so, our stay is rather short compared to the Sept. trip we had planed of 9 days. Doesn't really matter though, we are both retired and have Florida Resident Weekday passes that will take care of us for a full year :)

Here's a pic of our rig:

View attachment 269888
What does the HT stand for?

Today we are going camping at the Horse Park in Lexington, KY which is about an hour drive from our home. So todays Disney countdown movie is Aladdin to watch during the drive with a few small crafts that the kids can do in their carseats.

View attachment 269830

We camp at the Horse several times from early spring with our last reservation being the weekend of 10/27. Plan on decorating for Halloween that weekend. Both of my adult children live in Lexington and we have Kentucky baseball season tickets so the Horse Park is a great place to camp. Have a safe and enjoyable weekend :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

PS......maybe we could get a Gulf Shores Dis meet......Horse Park style planned sometime:cool1:

We camp at the Horse several times from early spring with our last reservation being the weekend of 10/27. Plan on decorating for Halloween that weekend. Both of my adult children live in Lexington and we have Kentucky baseball season tickets so the Horse Park is a great place to camp. Have a safe and enjoyable weekend :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

PS......maybe we could get a Gulf Shores Dis meet......Horse Park style planned sometime:cool1:

Wish we were having a safe and enjoyable camping trip but we are at UK children's hospital emergency room right now with dd4 who fell on the playground and split her chin open. Its not bad but is wide and we were worried about scarring since its on her face so we are here seeing if she needs stitches.

I must know what kind of stickers and glitter you used.. STeps would be helpful.. Please!!!! My daughter and I love glitter and I'm super jealous of your bands right now.

It's just glitter fingernail polish then we put a clear coat of nail polish on it to seal it. They are really pretty and sparkly in person.

Wish we were having a safe and enjoyable camping trip but we are at UK children's hospital emergency room right now with dd4 who fell on the playground and split her chin open. Its not bad but is wide and we were worried about scarring since its on her face so we are here seeing if she needs stitches.

So sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope that her care goes well and that she is feeling better soon.

Oh no! Hope everything turns out okay!

Hey October Fort Folks,

Welcome TripleB! :welcome:We are also arriving October 1st- coming about 2000 miles from Minnesota! We're leaving home the 26th, so the next 10 days will be busy for us. This weekend we're going to be making apple pies all weekend ( we usually make about 20!) and next week will be getting things in the camper and final preparations!
Keeping our fingers crossed that our September friends will be able to check in soon!pixiedust:

Thanks for the Welcome serenitygr. Wow, that's a loooooooooooong drive. My Dad was from Bemidji, MN.

Thanks for the Welcome serenitygr. Wow, that's a loooooooooooong drive. My Dad was from Bemidji, MN.
Oh my gosh that's just a little over an hour from us! We've been there several times visiting the deer park they have! Small world :)
Ask tiggerdad about his mn experience sometime- we just can't get his family to come visit us over winter! Don't know why! :rolleyes1

I'm a born and bred Florida boy ... that's right, one of those rare Florida natives :D One of my favorite memories as a youngster, was visiting my dads home in the winter. I'll never forget going out on the frozen lake, in a car, and ice fishing :drive:

frozenone16, I love your tent. We tent camped for 3 to 4 yes & loved it. Got to be too much setting up - tent for our kitchen, potty tent & our sleeping tent. Know you will have a blast & Bama Ed can't wait to see you in the Golf cart parade. Wave & let us all know it's me & home.

Dd is ok, just 2 stitches. It wasn't a big cut,just too wide to shut on it's own. She was a real trooper for the er Dr. But now she's being a drama queen about leaving the bandaid on lol. Four year olds! Her daddy got up early this morning and went and bought 3 pony ride tickets for her at the horse barn so she'll get to ride her beloved ponies 3 times.

Today's countdown movie is Brave with some bows and arrows to play with at the campground.

20170916_104532-1512x2016.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter