OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Just found this thread...Gobble gobble everyone!! We are going back to WDW for our second trip ever and again it will be over the Thanksgiving Holiday!!:cheer2:I'm going to start reading from post 1, but a quick question for you all now that the JBJB schedule is out, did they have a JBJB dessert part last year? Can anyone direct me to an info thread about it?

We finally told our daughters about the trip last night! :stitch:I had been holding off telling them because I didn't want them getting bored of planning too far ahead of the trip, but now we're at 97 days and it's time to figure out FPs! I want their input since we've gone a few times and they are now familiar with the rides and shows and such and I want to make sure we do the things they want to do.

Since we are going to be celebrating my 40th birthday at DW I made birthday invitations and had them open them yesterday as my way to tell them. It worked pretty well, not a huge jumping up and down reaction but they figured it out and were excited.

Also, I ordered Disney countdown blocks from Etsy and opened them after telling the girls so now the official countdown can begin!:mickeyjum

Just found this thread...Gobble gobble everyone!! We are going back to WDW for our second trip ever and again it will be over the Thanksgiving Holiday!!:cheer2:I'm going to start reading from post 1, but a quick question for you all now that the JBJB schedule is out, did they have a JBJB dessert part last year? Can anyone direct me to an info thread about it?

Yes, they did have a dessert party for JBJB last year. We never went to it but a lot of people in our December 2016 trip thread went to it. They served some savoring items as well as desserts.

Here is a link to the 2017 JBJB discussion thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/jingle-bell-jingle-bam-dessert-party-2017.3606568/#post-57914944
https://www.disboards.com/threads/jingle-bell-jingle-bam-dessert-party-2017.3606568/#post-57914944

We finally told our daughters about the trip last night! :stitch:I had been holding off telling them because I didn't want them getting bored of planning too far ahead of the trip, but now we're at 97 days and it's time to figure out FPs! I want their input since we've gone a few times and they are now familiar with the rides and shows and such and I want to make sure we do the things they want to do.

Since we are going to be celebrating my 40th birthday at DW I made birthday invitations and had them open them yesterday as my way to tell them. It worked pretty well, not a huge jumping up and down reaction but they figured it out and were excited.

Also, I ordered Disney countdown blocks from Etsy and opened them after telling the girls so now the official countdown can begin!:mickeyjum

Countdown blocks sound fun. I should setup a fun countdown. Last year it was just a simple paper countdown where the kids colored in a Mickey head each day. Something different would be nice this year.

Countdown blocks sound fun. I should setup a fun countdown. Last year it was just a simple paper countdown where the kids colored in a Mickey head each day. Something different would be nice this year.

It's just a simple counter of "__ days until Disney" using wooden blocks with numbers on them. I though it would be neat to see the numbers go down and the kids can take turns changing the numbers each day. Two years ago, (last time we went) I printed up a calendar with Mickey heads and numbers and each day that they marked off but wanted to do something different this time.

Hi Everyone, I stopped by here when this thread was new, hadn't been by for a while, and now it's up to 69 pages, wow! My trip is 10/28 - 11/11. Most of the time I'll be hanging out with friends, but I'm on my own a bit at the end.

If there is another solo traveler who might like to meet up for a meal, I currently have an extra spot in my dining reservation for late breakfast at The Wave on 11/11. You're welcome to send me a message for more info. (Also already posted this on solos board, but wanted to mention here to my fellow November visitors.) :thumbsup2

Last edited:
So glad I found this thread! We are staying November 11-19 at the POP, our home away from home, every 3 years! Will be myself, wife, and daughters ages 16 and 17. We have not been to see Christmas time at WDW so are super excited to becoming down this year! We are celebrating several occasion's, our 20th wedding anniversary, early HS graduation, and our daughter's 3 year recovery from a brain bleed that happened right after our last trip to WDW June 2014.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter