• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the buses to resorts and the monorail to the ttc run until 1am to be safe. Or do we need to,leave promptly to ensure we get back to our resort

Can we expect 30+ minute waits for all characters? Here's our list:

1. Mickey
2. Santa Goofy
3. Minnie
4. Big Al, Liverlips, Shaker, and Wendell
5. Tigger and Friends
6. Mary Poppins, Bert, and Penguin

I wouldn't mind Donald, Daisy, and Scrooge too, but they aren't a priority.

Can we expect 30+ minute waits for all characters? Here's our list:

1. Mickey
2. Santa Goofy
3. Minnie
4. Big Al, Liverlips, Shaker, and Wendell
5. Tigger and Friends
6. Mary Poppins, Bert, and Penguin

I wouldn't mind Donald, Daisy, and Scrooge too, but they aren't a priority.
Uh-oh... I'll totally lose out on Disney Trivia Day if I'm ever asked who the characters in #4 are. Help a DISer out?

With the Parties starting on the 9th, does anyone think Disney will still have their Christmas tapings the same week?

With the Parties starting on the 9th, does anyone think Disney will still have their Christmas tapings the same week?
Last year the parade was taped at Disneyland, but there were some musical performances taped at DW that week throughout the 4 parks. I haven't heard anything official announced yet for this year.

My beloved Country Bears from the Jamboree!
Ah-ha! Thank you all!! My West Coast is showing, we lost our Jamboree years ago, turned it into a quick service restaurant I think. I was very young at the time so I dont remember it- excited to see it at WDW! I've definitely been missing out!

Ah-ha! Thank you all!! My West Coast is showing, we lost our Jamboree years ago, turned it into a quick service restaurant I think. I was very young at the time so I dont remember it- excited to see it at WDW! I've definitely been missing out!
Well, don't get too excited. I'm probably the most enthusiastic lover of Country Bear Jamboree that I know. It's mostly the nostalgia factor for me. But there's also something about them that just tickles me for some reason. My mama thinks they're hilarious, so when she gets to laughing, that makes me laugh too.

Well, don't get too excited. I'm probably the most enthusiastic lover of Country Bear Jamboree that I know. It's mostly the nostalgia factor for me. But there's also something about them that just tickles me for some reason. My mama thinks they're hilarious, so when she gets to laughing, that makes me laugh too.
Hahaha! It has some serious nostalgia factor for my parents so I'm looking forward to it for that as well :) Also, I'm looking forward to finally understanding my father when he randomly starts singing something about "blood on the saddle". We're known to random sing/hum a line from a DL ride- it's usually a sign it's time to plan another trip :) Now I'll finally, kinda, understand it!

Sorry if this has already been asked, but we currently have reservations for dinner at the Crystal Palace during the Christmas Party. Is the meal or experience different or special in any way? We are only doing the Magic Kingdom during the party this visit and can't decide if the meal will take up too much of our time. Our kids LOVE Crystal Palace and we have free dining, so that's why we grabbed it when we could. Thanks!

Sorry if this has already been asked, but we currently have reservations for dinner at the Crystal Palace during the Christmas Party. Is the meal or experience different or special in any way? We are only doing the Magic Kingdom during the party this visit and can't decide if the meal will take up too much of our time. Our kids LOVE Crystal Palace and we have free dining, so that's why we grabbed it when we could. Thanks!
The experience will be no different during the party.

:offtopic: :bitelip:

Country Jamboree became The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh. It's not even the best iteration, either, because you go through the "windy day" section, and the movement of the ride vehicles never change (no "bouncing" with Tigger and so on, like WDW.) There are a couple of nods to CBJ inside: Max, Buff, and Melvin are high up on one wall behind you in the honey scene and one of Teddi Barra's swings have been repurposed.

:offtopic: :bitelip:

Country Jamboree became The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh. It's not even the best iteration, either, because you go through the "windy day" section, and the movement of the ride vehicles never change (no "bouncing" with Tigger and so on, like WDW.) There are a couple of nods to CBJ inside: Max, Buff, and Melvin are high up on one wall behind you in the honey scene and one of Teddi Barra's swings have been repurposed.
I'm totally looking for that when I go next week for early Halloween! Thanks!

Do any wait times get posted for the character meets, or are you taking a gamble every time you join a queue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter