"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what is everybody wearing to the party? DH and I are attending our first MVMCP on Dec. 5th. I'm not sure what I want to wear. I read somewhere that some people went in pajamas. I'm not sure if I would be too hot in a ugly christmas sweater. I love matching shirts and wanted to do Christmas tie-dye but DH is not down with that.
We are going on 12/3 but from the North so no sweaters for us. We bought light up Christmas bulb necklaces and I will make glow stick Mickey ears. Very simple but may get shirts at the party.

So, what is everybody wearing to the party? DH and I are attending our first MVMCP on Dec. 5th. I'm not sure what I want to wear. I read somewhere that some people went in pajamas. I'm not sure if I would be too hot in a ugly christmas sweater. I love matching shirts and wanted to do Christmas tie-dye but DH is not down with that.
We are wearing Christmas Mickey shirts (not matching, my husband draws the line there haha), and I bought light up Christmas bulb necklaces and headbands at AC Moore, much cheaper than the necklaces at Disney.

We are wearing Christmas Mickey shirts (not matching, my husband draws the line there haha), and I bought light up Christmas bulb necklaces and headbands at AC Moore, much cheaper than the necklaces at Disney.
Got our necklaces too at AC Moore this weekend with discount. Definitely cheaper than at Disney!

I just came to ask the same question. I had the same thought about the ugly Christmas sweaters being too hot, but I think I found the perfect alternative. It’s a T-shirt in the style and design that ugly Christmas sweaters have! I just purchased it to wear to MVMCP.

Attachments

• D7CD89BC-5A23-46A3-BC0E-F48FAE6DAA4E.jpeg
    D7CD89BC-5A23-46A3-BC0E-F48FAE6DAA4E.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 34

My daughter and I will be in red sweaters and both be wearing those red and green sparkly mickey headbands that seem to be in all Disney gift shops. We are also going to wear leggings. Mine are green with Christmas trees on them and hers are grey with snowmen. Got my son a light up mickey hat and will try to put him in red and green as well.

My daughter and I will be in red sweaters and both be wearing those red and green sparkly mickey headbands that seem to be in all Disney gift shops. We are also going to wear leggings. Mine are green with Christmas trees on them and hers are grey with snowmen. Got my son a light up mickey hat and will try to put him in red and green as well.
Copying the leggings idea!

I saw on the front page that Jack Skellington “meets early”. Do we know what time he comes out? Any chance of lining up around 5pm and being done by 6-6:30pm?

I apologize if this has already been asked. I searched, but didn't find what I was looking for. DH saw a commercial for the Christmas party and said we should go. If we do we'd probably go on Dec 21 since DS would be on break from school. I keep reading that it will be crowded, but I've never been to a ticketed event so I wasn't sure exactly on a scale of 1-10 what to expect. Will it be wall to wall people? How will wait times for rides be? I know we probably wouldn't check out the popular meet and greets, maybe a princess or 2 for DD and Mickey and Minnie.
Wait times for rides will be low. I just got back from the sold-out first night party and we walked on mostly everything. The only thing with a wait was 7DMT and it was about 30 mins max.

Will BTMRR be open during the party?
It's not listed as an open attraction for last year's party
Yes, it’s open. We rode it twice in a row without having to unload on the first party night. :)

Has anyone had any issues when they link a special event ticket on a day that they are using a park ticket as well? I just purchased our MVMCP tickets. We will be in Epcot that day and then going to the party that afternoon. I'm not trying to get any fastpasses right now because we will using them at Epcot

Hi everyone! I have a quick question about the entry procedure for MVCP - sorry if this is a silly question or if it has already been asked!

We will be attending the party on our arrival night, before we have used any days off of our hopper passes. Our hopper passes and party tickets are already purchased and attached to our magic bands in MDE. We plan to enter the MK around 5:00pm. If we enter through the designated MVMCP tapstiles using our magic bands, can we be certain that only our MVMCP tickets will be used, and not a day from our hopper passes?

Again, sorry if this is a silly question. I really want to do everything correctly and not have any troubles or surprises later in the week. Thanks so much for any advice you can give!

If you have a physical ticket I would use that in place of the Magic Band. In 2015 we went on our first night and the turnstile activated our tickets. We found out rather painfully when we could not enter a park on our last day. While Disney was quick to fix the mistake it was still a pain in the butt that we would have much rather not have dealt with. Now I will say that was 2 years ago and a designated entrance didn't exist for party attendees that I can remember, so it may be fixed. But I'm paranoid now so this year I will be using my card just in case. =)

Pretty much the same thing happened to us in November last year, so I wouldn't put any hope into the thought that Disney may fix the issue... :/

Thank you for relating that. We will indeed be certain to use our physical tickets instead of scanning our magic bands. It’s a small inconvenience compared to having to go to guest services later. :thumbsup2
Just stop at guest services or see one of the cast members with an iPad before you enter. Have them prioritize your tickets in the order that you will be using them. It’s super fast and easy to do. I’ve done it several times in the past couple of years and has always worked great.

If the party tickets are linked to our Magic Bands, we don't need to bring the plastic cards they sent in the mail, right? Just want to confirm since it's our first party :-)
Correct.

I'm going to MVMCP on 12/1 -- the Pop Warner stuff starts on Dec. 2. I'm mostly concerned about that Saturday at Epcot for those droves of folks, but will the championships have an impact on the Christmas Party?
I’ve been during Pop Warner in past years and it never affected MVMCP at all. In fact, I didn’t even notice a difference in park crowds during that time.

Can't wait for confirmation of the magic shot with Zero outside of HM - i missed that last year and would love to get that in this year. A "non" party question, are the lantern photos still going on? and if so during the party as well?
Yes, the lantern photos are still going on, and we were able to get them during the party.
Also got the magic shot with Zero on opening night as well.

I bought 4 sets of those Christmas bulb light up necklaces for the 4 of us. Planning on putting in checked luggage. Wondering if TSA will be upset. Perhaps I should bring in my carry-on instead and pull them out at security? Thoughts?
We checked 8 sets of them with no issues at all.

I believe my tickets say non-transfer, non-refund...It’s too sad to look at them.
I have to postpone my carefully planned trip I purchased 4 tickets for Dec 22.
Are they really non-transferable? I see them online from third parties.
I don’t want to sell on eBay or whatever to a family that is then turned away.

No Christmas trip is devastating, which seems dramatic, but it had so much meaning and I have it paid off.
Losing $400+ is an extra blow.
If I can recover any, I’m going to get a 2nd Christmas tree and decorate 100% Disney.

Appreciate your help.
They are totally transferable. If you log into MDE you’ll be able to click on “transfer ticket” and can link it to anyone else in your family/friends group. Just did this with a friend who came down with pneumonia and had her ticket moved to someone who needed one. No issues at all.

Here at first party. Lines for characters are super packed as expected but a few things sadly unexpected- they ran out of cider at Pinocchio’s after we waited in a decent length line- later we went to get some Nestle Quick by the tent and they were out of that too. How do you run out of stuff on first night? Did I mention the restroom by Cosmic Rays? I’ve been to parties in the past and never had this type of experience- even on sell out nights. Still a nice night out.
We were there that night as well, and the cider just tasted like plain ol’ apple juice. I wonder if they started serving that when they ran out of cider or if that was their version of cider?

My group is 5 adults & 5 kids, and we are going to wear t-shirts with the same design but the boys will be in green shirts & the girls will be in red ones. I have some red, white & green Christmas leggings I may wear with mine, and my DD6 and Niece6 will probably wear leggings with tutus! :) We have light-up bulb necklaces too. Trying to stalk the weather reports since we are going on 12/5 also and want to figure out whether we're going to need sweatshirts for the whole night. My husband & my sister's husband weren't super thrilled with the matching shirts but were willing to do it for my Mom, who is also going. She is crazy thrilled we're all going to match! LOLOL!

I saw on the front page that Jack Skellington “meets early”. Do we know what time he comes out? Any chance of lining up around 5pm and being done by 6-6:30pm?

Post #1 is now updated. That note has been removed. I've been waiting on reports from the 1st parties. Sandy Claws is not meeting early.

More like 12 days for our first Christmas party of the season!
12-Days.png
Hopping the weather gets colder and those pesky clouds I see on the forecast are blown away and we can have an awesome party on the 28th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter