Official February 2014 Thread...

I'm so sad the February threads have seemed to die out. It makes it seem more real that my trip is over! I having some definite post-Disney blues today. I don't think I'll be back next year. Too many other things I need to save money for. :(

I'm so sad the February threads have seemed to die out. It makes it seem more real that my trip is over! I having some definite post-Disney blues today. I don't think I'll be back next year. Too many other things I need to save money for. :(

I agree! We are planning for DCL in the future so I have something to look forward too! Next WDW family trip will most likely 2016/2017. I will have a trip or 2 on my own for agent stuff but that's not the same.

I can relate. Big time post-Disney blues.
At least we have a heat wave going here in Massachusetts. It was in the 40s today. Made it nice to get out finally.
But I just said to a friend today that because I no longer have a vacation coming to look forward to, it's making the blues even more difficult to get through.

As a compromise to my feelings, I went today and priced out a new bathtub.
Looking to get something I can go up stairs, close my eyes and play some of the Disney themed music you hear when you are sitting in the hot tub or pool and just pretend I'm there. I mean for the money I could go back to Disney, but then I'd get the blues again, so now its looking more like a remodeling thing. Hmmmm I just realized, if I do that, then I can pay for it with my Disney Visa and get me some more points. ;) Well that works. Cause once the points are back up there, I trip will be in the planning.

I really liked my February vacation. We talked maybe the fall of 2015 but it's not the same since November we still have decent weather here. I'd even consider late March/early April. Gonna have to research that out at some point.
oh ya, I guess I'd have to take the guys with me next time. Ya that makes me be ok with getting the tub and waiting a little. That solo vacation spoiled me big time.

pixiedust:

Vacation blues here too. We are talking about a trip in 18 months or two years. I'm going to look into renting DVC points.

I went the first week of February. I would definitely return for that week.

Would everyone else return their week?

Sandals good but personally I prefered to be able to switch out my sandals and sneakers as each fit different for different support and my feet liked the change from day to day. My guess if you are coming from Canada you won't be leaving in sandals and capris. :-) So you'll have them with you when traveling but I don't think you have to pack more. One thing I found this last trip that people were having trouble with is the children being afraid of the autoflush of the toilet. I kept hearing the Mom say "I promise I'll cover the sensor until you are done." So I'm sure when toilet training that makes it a little more difficult. Wonder if there is some kind of tape or something to cover the sensor. I know personally some flushes were a little too aggressive for me and flushed quicker than I expected. My husband and I had some good laughs over a couple stories I shared with him. ;)

So this is really gross, but if my kid isn't going to go because of the sensor and he's gotta go...

I rip off a couple of squares of toilet paper, spit on it to make it stick, and hang it above the sensor.

Gross. I know. It works every time though.

Vacation blues here too. We are talking about a trip in 18 months or two years. I'm going to look into renting DVC points.

Vacation blues here as well. The weather doesn't help either.

No we are not going to go back in February. We had a good run, but after our flight being cancelled we are going to go during our April vacation week next year. Better weather and Flower and Garden Festival.

I was there the first week of February also. We lucked out with our 80+ degree weather. I would return that week also. I liked the break from the snowy cold weather here. It kept me going each storm that came once I was home.

So this is really gross, but if my kid isn't going to go because of the sensor and he's gotta go...

I rip off a couple of squares of toilet paper, spit on it to make it stick, and hang it above the sensor.

Gross. I know. It works every time though.

LOL interesting. I hope if it fell off you just took a clean one and didn't try to respit that one. LOL ewwwwww

Vacation blues here as well. The weather doesn't help either.

No we are not going to go back in February. We had a good run, but after our flight being cancelled we are going to go during our April vacation week next year. Better weather and Flower and Garden Festival.

I hear you on the flight cancelled thing. That would have been frustrating for me too.
I don't have to worry about which week my boys are on vacation anymore. Both are out of school now. (Well last one is aging out in 2 weeks)
Besides at this point not sure they want to go back anyway.

I went during Flower and Garden in 2008 with my younger son. As great at is was weather wise, the crowds were more challenging and the flowers killed me. My allergies were awful. Not sure I"m brave enough to go back that time of year. :confused3

Although last night when I was day dreaming about a return I was checking crowd levels and I liked the last week in April crowd levels and was considering a maybe if I wasn't feeling lucky about February again.

Again my main reason for liking January/February is the getting away from the cold and since I'm not locked into specific days with school, postponing a flight is disappointing but not horrendous.
Of course I'm aware it could effect availability of Disney resort room, but .....
it's all a dream right now so I'm not overly concerned about the details of when.

The sun is shining today. I'm happy to not be looking out at snow falling.
Maybe just maybe mother nature is done for this winter.

We have been back a week and I am in full on Disney and British Revolution depression mode. We return in October so I need to start planning soon. Does anyones else plan on going this year again?

We went the last week of February, for the second year in a row. I would definitely go this week again. The only other non-peak time I would ever be able to go is the last week of April. I've heard good things about that week too, in terms of crowds. I'd like to try that week sometime, but I think the chance of discounts is higher in February. I really have no desire to go during the summer or Christmas time. The crowds would make it not worth it for me.

Noooooooooooooo!
Not more snow. We had almost 60 degrees today and now they are talking a storm tomorrow night with icing on Thursday.
Noooooooooooooooooooooo
I want to go back to Disney......my happy place.

I saw the Youtube video of the new parade. The video I saw had a woman in the crowd getting all excited and waving at the characters. I was smiling watching her instead of the parade. I bet I looked like that some of my vacation.
:rotfl:

Funny how the kid comes out.

warm thoughts to all of you.

Hello guys, newby here :)

I've been to Disneyland several times but this will be my first time in WDW and planning is being a little overwhealming :scratchin.

I plan on going in February and staying on the Doubletree at DTD. One of my first questions is, how far in advance should I make reservations for an offsite hotel? (I was planning on sep-early oct, do you think is safe?).

Also, I will be using their shuttle but I've read some complaints. So in case shuttles are full at night I can walk to the hotel, my only concern is, how safe it is at night?

Thank you in advance you guys! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter