Official February 2014 Thread...

We leave in 3 days!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

My 7yo dd is dying to meet the princesses from Frozen (ok, Mommy kinda is too ;) ). I had seen on another thread that the lines are super long though. :sad: Is there anyone there now who can confirm?? I just want to give her fair warning if we won't be able to see them (I won't be standing in a 3hr line for anything).

We leave on Saturday and I do NOT want to overpack so I've been procrastinating. I'm thinking of bringing two long sleeve shirts for the evenings, but then I second guess myself and think I'll only bring one and plan on buying one there. With highs anywhere from the low 80's to mid 60's, have to be prepared for all kinds of weather. Good luck with your packing!

We won't be bringing any long sleeves, just short sleeves, light fleece jacket, pants for on the way down, capris and my daughters will be bringing shorts. I have a roll of quarters, laundry sheets and stain remover for mid week laundry :) I really pared down the list and am sticking to my usual packing pattern of packing light! Good luck on getting yours together too. The packing has been painful :crazy2:

We are back.

182 pics on my Photopass. No magic shots at all. Asked a couple of times and they said not available. Kind of bummed.

Hmm....wonder what happened with the magic shots....that does stink!

Not sure how long you are there and if you plan to do pool time, but remember that there is laundry places right at the pool areas.

I know for sure if we go as a family in the future, I'll be doing laundry mid trip.
Adds up fast in the suitcases.

Good luck!

Definitely doing this!

We leave in 3 days!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

My 7yo dd is dying to meet the princesses from Frozen (ok, Mommy kinda is too ;) ). I had seen on another thread that the lines are super long though. :sad: Is there anyone there now who can confirm?? I just want to give her fair warning if we won't be able to see them (I won't be standing in a 3hr line for anything).

The lines look crazy long, BUT last night I was browsing the Norway shop at 8:30 and there was a short line. Maybe the line was closed. ( it was only Anna not Elsa). Worth checking when everyone is setting up for illuminations.

The lines look crazy long, BUT last night I was browsing the Norway shop at 8:30 and there was a short line. Maybe the line was closed. ( it was only Anna not Elsa). Worth checking when everyone is setting up for illuminations.

Yay!! We have 2 days in Epcot, so with any luck we'll be able to see at least one of them during Illuminations. Thanks!!

We were there at night as well and the line looked short, but it was because it had already been closed. I hope it has let up a little bit from how it was. My boys were content with catching a glimpse of them from the gift shop. They like Frozen a lot, but they never want to met any characters. No character waits is okay by me!

Hello! We were recently at Disney World - Magic Kingdom and had multiple problems getting Fastpass+ to work with our tickets. Because of this the guest relations manager gave us some paper tickets. Each ticket is good for up to 5 people and I have 5 tickets. You can enter a fastpass+ line at any time of day for any attraction, including character meet and greets. This does not interfere with your reserved fastpass+ attractions already booked with your tickets, these are in addition to them and are no way hooked to your account. These passes are AWESOME, we were able to see so many things without waiting in line. Great if you have young children since the new Fantasy Land has some of the longest lines in the park. These passes expire Feb 28, 2014. So, I am looking for someone that is interested in them. I am willing to drop them in the mail via regular USPS, they should get just about anywhere in a couple of days. So if you have enough time before you are leaving to receive them and will be at the Magic Kingdom before 2/28/14, PM me and give me your details. I'll drop them in the mail as soon as I hear from someone. you can view a pic of the tix here: trench-media.com/fastpass.jpg (sorry, can't actually link it, I haven't made enough posts yet!)

I would love the fast passes. We are leaving today for All Star Movies Resort and will be there through the 28th. Could you send them to the resort? My name is Heather Edmonson. We check in on Saturday.

Thanks!

I would love them as well if the above poster doesn't need all 5! We are a party of 2 checking in to the wilderness lodge on Sunday! Either way that is really kind of you!

We just arrived today. Would love any fast passes I am at Caribbean Beach.

Hello! We were recently at Disney World - Magic Kingdom and had multiple problems getting Fastpass+ to work with our tickets. Because of this the guest relations manager gave us some paper tickets. Each ticket is good for up to 5 people and I have 5 tickets. You can enter a fastpass+ line at any time of day for any attraction, including character meet and greets. This does not interfere with your reserved fastpass+ attractions already booked with your tickets, these are in addition to them and are no way hooked to your account. These passes are AWESOME, we were able to see so many things without waiting in line. Great if you have young children since the new Fantasy Land has some of the longest lines in the park. These passes expire Feb 28, 2014. So, I am looking for someone that is interested in them. I am willing to drop them in the mail via regular USPS, they should get just about anywhere in a couple of days. So if you have enough time before you are leaving to receive them and will be at the Magic Kingdom before 2/28/14, PM me and give me your details. I'll drop them in the mail as soon as I hear from someone. you can view a pic of the tix here: trench-media.com/fastpass.jpg (sorry, can't actually link it, I haven't made enough posts yet!)

Hi all! Just wanted to let you know the fastpasses have been spoken for. If it falls through for some reason I will send them to the next person on the list. Happy vacationing!

Just home after 4 days at the World. Very warm weather which was wonderful. Friday it rained a bit in the afternoon which then made it steamy during the night. Today it was cloudy and then it rained at about 12/12:30.

We didn't stand in line for Anna and Elsa, but talked to someone last night who waited 4 hours for her daughters to see them. We peeked at them when we went into the Norway gift shop and that was enough for my daughter.

This trip was full of ups and downs thanks to a cancelled flight, a one day extension on our trip, split stay (3 nights at the Villas at hte Floridian and then 1 night at Animal Kingdom lodge). Park tickets messed up along with our dining plan. Overall we had a good time, tried some new restaurants, and discovered that we are not going to go in February anymore and will go in April next year!

Just home after 4 days at the World. Very warm weather which was wonderful. Friday it rained a bit in the afternoon which then made it steamy during the night. Today it was cloudy and then it rained at about 12/12:30.

We didn't stand in line for Anna and Elsa, but talked to someone last night who waited 4 hours for her daughters to see them. We peeked at them when we went into the Norway gift shop and that was enough for my daughter.

This trip was full of ups and downs thanks to a cancelled flight, a one day extension on our trip, split stay (3 nights at the Villas at hte Floridian and then 1 night at Animal Kingdom lodge). Park tickets messed up along with our dining plan. Overall we had a good time, tried some new restaurants, and discovered that we are not going to go in February anymore and will go in April next year!

Welcome back! WAs thinking of you today and hoping your vacation was good. Smirked about the April comment. If you listened to the news this week up here you would think it was a real happening with the conversation of removing the February vacation week and moving April to March.

Your vacation sounded like mine with the warm weather, missing a storm here, and the short rain making things steamy. February is a strange month. At least this year was crazy.

Glad you got back ok. Hope your overall flight experience, minus the delay, was a good one. Did you get that speedy return home of just a little over 2 hours?

Welcome back! WAs thinking of you today and hoping your vacation was good. Smirked about the April comment. If you listened to the news this week up here you would think it was a real happening with the conversation of removing the February vacation week and moving April to March.

Your vacation sounded like mine with the warm weather, missing a storm here, and the short rain making things steamy. February is a strange month. At least this year was crazy.

Glad you got back ok. Hope your overall flight experience, minus the delay, was a good one. Did you get that speedy return home of just a little over 2 hours?

Yes we did. Just a little over 2 hours. I wasn't originally assigned a seat so had to checkin at the gate. My husband had been assigned row 3 and my daughter row 16. My daughter and I got moved to row 1. A little more space was nice.

Were some schools talking about moving the vacation to March? My district already approved the calendar for next year which includes February and April.

Yes we did. Just a little over 2 hours. I wasn't originally assigned a seat so had to checkin at the gate. My husband had been assigned row 3 and my daughter row 16. My daughter and I got moved to row 1. A little more space was nice.

Were some schools talking about moving the vacation to March? My district already approved the calendar for next year which includes February and April.

Oooh ya bonus row 1. But overall JetBlue has great seat/leg room.
According to the news some districts were considering the change to March only so that the snow days don't have the kids and teachers in school until July.
I suspect it's going to take a bit of time for districts to discuss and vote on that if any are serious about it.

I wish I were on today or tomorrow's flight to Disney. Oh well. We are looking at finances and talking about a few home improvements. Hmmm if I put them on my Disney Visa and get rewards point...... ;) It's still going to be awhile.
DH talked with a friend about going when they go with their kids in Fall 2015. We'll have to wait and see. I had a 2104 trip so I guess it's time to get on with my life of reality. :goodvibes

I just hope JEtBlue Worcester continues to be a good thing!

Happy Reality to all of the February Dissers.
And Pixie dust to all of you that haven't left yet.
pixiedust:

Have a magical day everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter