***Official DLR June 2022 Check-in Thread***

You will be fine! I’ve never felt the parks to be busier on Grad Night days than other days. The main differences are that you will see more groups of teens wandering the parks that day. Many seem to choose Disneyland as the grad night parties are over at DCA. You’ll notice the percentage of teens wandering the park becoming more noticeable in the afternoon and early evening. Most of them, just like any teens, are just excited to be there and celebrating a special occasion with their friends. Occasionally you might get an obnoxious group, but that can happen any time, not just grad night days, and the grad night groups are just more noticeable. I’ve definitely been in line next to some inconsiderate people before who weren’t there for grad night! Most of the teens are polite, follow the rules, and are there having fun. Many of them appreciate being told “Congratulations!” They will shift over to DCA (which closes to the general public a little earlier than usual on those nights) and you won’t see them at Disneyland for the rest of the night. So you might consider doing rope drop and getting lots of rides/activities done earlier in the day and taking a good rest/nap at your hotel in the afternoon and then a sit down dinner somewhere and maybe a few rides at DCA. Then head back to Disneyland where you can hopefully stay for the last few hours as the park begins to empty out since you got a nice rest back at the hotel earlier!
Thanks. I’m concerned more with crowd than teen attitude. I have a newly minted 13 yo myself. We have WOC dessert party one night and hoppers so I guess we just hop back to DLR after. Thanks for great input

After having to postpone our March 2020 trip yet again, our new dates are June 25-30. We'll be doing a split stay with Hyatt House and Disneyland Hotel. The silver lining of postponing is that Fantasmic will be back! I'm hoping Pirates will be open, but I forget if they announced a date range for that.

Last edited:
We have postponed 3 times since 2020 so I'm happy to say we will be there June 7-12 at Best Western Plus Anaheim. I originally bought tickets with points thru Citibank and it was quite an effort to get new tickets issued but I'm excited to be 46 days away. 5 park days, have already booked Storyteller's, WOC Dessert Party and Lamplight Lounge.

I'm a little bummed to see grad nites almost our whole trip, June 7-11. Anyone have advice for how busy it will be? No idea how grad nites are, what time do they start? Is the park typically super busy all day, or just evenings?
Grad nights will be occurring a good portion of our trip as well. My understanding is that grad nights are only in DCA, so I’ve planned DL on those days and will do DCA on non-grad night days. Would something like that work for you?

Grad nights will be occurring a good portion of our trip as well. My understanding is that grad nights are only in DCA, so I’ve planned DL on those days and will do DCA on non-grad night days. Would something like that work for you?
It’s 4 of our 5 days which means we can end the night at DCA only once. We have WOC dessert party so that will be our DCA night. We do have hoppers so we can start at DCA and end at DLR

Hello, Hello, my friends!! (Channeling my inner Hondo Ohnaka). So, my family of 5 will be flying to Chicago from PA on June 3. We're taking about 11 days driving to SoCal, generally following Rt 66, but including extra time in Chicago, St Louis, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, and checking into Castle Inn on June 14. We have park hoppers for June 15-19, flying home on June 20. Our Park reservations are DL, DCA, DL, DCA, DL. This is our 2nd DL trip, our first was June 2019, and we lucked into the SWGE reservation period. While we've ridden Rise a couple times at WDW, this will be our first in CA. We have a Cafe Orleans lunch on the 15th and a Lamplight dinner on the 16th. We've had a big problem trying to secure the WoC dessert party (I'll spare the details here, since they are on another thread). THOUGH, hopefully we'll be able to work out a transfer with cancellations. (At this point, just any date would be fine).

The only other thing we're waiting on is the DAS advance registration for our youngest son...if it is the same that WDW had instituted this past fall.

This is a big trip, including journey AND destination, and it's great to be part of a group of lovely like-minded fans.

Hello, Hello, my friends!! (Channeling my inner Hondo Ohnaka). So, my family of 5 will be flying to Chicago from PA on June 3. We're taking about 11 days driving to SoCal, generally following Rt 66, but including extra time in Chicago, St Louis, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, and checking into Castle Inn on June 14. We have park hoppers for June 15-19, flying home on June 20. Our Park reservations are DL, DCA, DL, DCA, DL. This is our 2nd DL trip, our first was June 2019, and we lucked into the SWGE reservation period. While we've ridden Rise a couple times at WDW, this will be our first in CA. We have a Cafe Orleans lunch on the 15th and a Lamplight dinner on the 16th. We've had a big problem trying to secure the WoC dessert party (I'll spare the details here, since they are on another thread). THOUGH, hopefully we'll be able to work out a transfer with cancellations. (At this point, just any date would be fine).

The only other thing we're waiting on is the DAS advance registration for our youngest son...if it is the same that WDW had instituted this past fall.

This is a big trip, including journey AND destination, and it's great to be part of a group of lovely like-minded fans.
What an incredible trip you have planned! I hope the WoC Dessert Party transfer works - I've been following your saga on the other thread. Excited for you to join the June crew :)

Well, well, well.....the transfer worked out splendidly!! We got the 5 spots we needed for the early WoC dessert party for June 19, our final evening. A fantastic way to finish off our trip! Now, that being said, I currently hold the following that I will drop, but I will hold them in case someone else needs a transfer in the next few days:

Thur June 16, 8PM, 1 adult
Sun June 19, 9:15, 1 adult, 1 child

I presume the latter is really just "2 persons" instead of specifically being adult & child.

Again, such a wonderful community of quality human beings this is!!

Well, well, well.....the transfer worked out splendidly!! We got the 5 spots we needed for the early WoC dessert party for June 19, our final evening. A fantastic way to finish off our trip! Now, that being said, I currently hold the following that I will drop, but I will hold them in case someone else needs a transfer in the next few days:

Thur June 16, 8PM, 1 adult
Sun June 19, 9:15, 1 adult, 1 child

I presume the latter is really just "2 persons" instead of specifically being adult & child.

Again, such a wonderful community of quality human beings this is!!
Yay! I was following on the other thread too! We will be at the 8:00 World of Color Dessert Party on the 19th too! Have fun!

Will be at VGC from June 12-18. Our family and another DVC family will be there. If anyone wants to do a meetup at the grills PM me. We usually only eat one dinner out and grill every other night for dinner.

Gonna be at VGC for 8 nights from June 23-July 1. Doing college tours, Angels games, a day trip to San Diego, shopping, and 2 or 3 days in the parks. 😂 The older the kids the less time needed to be spent in the parks! 😬

I'm jealous of you VGC people. I wanted to rent points to stay there but I've been told it's basically impossible. Such a bummer since that's the only way we'd ever be able to afford the GC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter