• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I've seen a few posts that have said they aren't the nicest/most accommodating at the GF :confused:

Experiences vary. I've seen rave reviews and then ones where they weren't very accommodating at all. It's worth reaching out though and seeing how far you get with what you are looking for. It can't hurt to try.

Updating about my birthday cake- I am ordering an 8" Haunted Mansion design cake from AKL private dining, to be delivered to our room. It's pricy but I hope it's worth it! I requested almond cake and amaretto or almond filling. The chef isn't able to do the almond filling, but is going to make almond cake with vanilla buttercream filling. So there is some hope of getting something other than the standard flavors. So glad the chef is flexible. Hope it's yummy!

We are getting almond cake for our birthday cake at AKV for what looks like a similar time frame based on your countdown. They took nearly a week to decide they would and it was just settled the other day. I wonder if they said yes to us because they had two requests close together. :) We were told they had to get the almond cake elsewhere, it seemed like they were getting an already baked 8 inch from another bakery. ETA: They also agreed to custard and strawberries...wouldn't do Bavarian cream and strawberries. I too am glad they bent from their original positions,

Last edited:

We are getting almond cake for our birthday cake at AKV for what looks like a similar time frame based on your countdown. They took nearly a week to decide they would and it was just settled the other day. I wonder if they said yes to us because they had two requests close together. :) We were told they had to get the almond cake elsewhere, it seemed like they were getting an already baked 8 inch from another bakery. ETA: They also agreed to custard and strawberries...wouldn't do Bavarian cream and strawberries. I too am glad they bent from their original positions,

Hahaha, that's funny! I waited about 2 weeks to hear back about the almond decision- was told the chef was on vacation which caused the delay. That's great you get a special filling too!

Hahaha, that's funny! I waited about 2 weeks to hear back about the almond decision- was told the chef was on vacation which caused the delay. That's great you get a special filling too!

I spoke entirely too soon. My DH had a verbal commitment for all this but when the email wrap up arrived, it was back to "we only do vanilla, chocolate, or marble" and "buttercream or fruit mousse only". Oh, and despite being sent a photo and quoting a price of $90, NOW she says it will be an additional $30 for any decorations on top of the $90 price. What the heck is the $90 paying for? We aren't getting fondant, just ganache. I am ANGRY. So the verbal conversation, the photos and the meetings were for nothing, grrr. He is starting all over with a nice but firm email response. Between this and CRT, it is looking like my kid won't have any birthday cake.

I spoke entirely too soon. My DH had a verbal commitment for all this but when the email wrap up arrived, it was back to "we only do vanilla, chocolate, or marble" and "buttercream or fruit mousse only". Oh, and despite being sent a photo and quoting a price of $90, NOW she says it will be an additional $30 for any decorations on top of the $90 price. What the heck is the $90 paying for? We aren't getting fondant, just ganache. I am ANGRY. So the verbal conversation, the photos and the meetings were for nothing, grrr. He is starting all over with a nice but firm email response. Between this and CRT, it is looking like my kid won't have any birthday cake.

Oh no, what happened?! I don't have an email wrap up, I did everything other han emailing the photo over the phone so this could end up happening to me too. We are doing fondant so it's pricy. Are you getting a printed picture that stands up on top? They are charging me $30 for that.

I've seen a few posts that have said they aren't the nicest/most accommodating at the GF :confused:

I've had some great experiences with the GF as well as some that made me crazy. I will say that our cakes from the GF...even with the crazy moments...have been wonderful. Still, I'd be more inclined to have a cake delivered to Chef Mickey's. We've found the Contemporary bakery pretty good with these things and I like the email interaction to hash out cake details.

Oh no, what happened?! I don't have an email wrap up, I did everything other han emailing the photo over the phone so this could end up happening to me too. We are doing fondant so it's pricy. Are you getting a printed picture that stands up on top? They are charging me $30 for that.

I truly don't understand what happened. We will see what she says when she answers. The photo sent to her did have a stand up figure on it. Her quote came after the photo was sent though. Trying to figure out a back up plan, I may need to move ADRs around to get a cake at a restaurant instead. :(

My twins will turn 8 while on our November trip. Their only real request for that day was breakfast at Chef Mickeys. I'm hoping I can get a cake for our meal there. My son ONLY likes vanilla cake/icing. There are 11-15 of us dining together and I don't want the standard Mickey celebration cake.

Has anyone ordered at breakfast before? Does that make me the coolest mom ever or the worst? LOL

My twins will turn 8 while on our November trip. Their only real request for that day was breakfast at Chef Mickeys. I'm hoping I can get a cake for our meal there. My son ONLY likes vanilla cake/icing. There are 11-15 of us dining together and I don't want the standard Mickey celebration cake.

Has anyone ordered at breakfast before? Does that make me the coolest mom ever or the worst? LOL

We love cake for breakfast! First time we ever had a custom cake at WDW was for my older one's 5th bday breakfast at Chef Mickey's. I'm sure they could do a buttercream frosted vanilla cake and add customization. I mean, all you have to do is use food coloring to jazz up vanilla. Edible images of characters or a 3D white chocolate character topper + some other edible details around it could make it very special.

We love cake for breakfast! First time we ever had a custom cake at WDW was for my older one's 5th bday breakfast at Chef Mickey's. I'm sure they could do a buttercream frosted vanilla cake and add customization. I mean, all you have to do is use food coloring to jazz up vanilla. Edible images of characters or a 3D white chocolate character topper + some other edible details around it could make it very special.
Coolest mom ever.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/cake-orders/

so, I don't know if this link will link, but I was just on liberty tree tavern checking it out and below it had a link for cake ordering....checked it out and said custom cakes available for delivery to certain wdw restaurants.... crt was listed, as was bog. is this old or New?

plus liberty tree is listed; I thought no more specialty cakes in mk?

or are,they just not properly sub categorizing the cakes available and where as they do talk about the celebration cakes...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/cake-orders/

so, I don't know if this link will link, but I was just on liberty tree tavern checking it out and below it had a link for cake ordering....checked it out and said custom cakes available for delivery to certain wdw restaurants.... crt was listed, as was bog. is this old or New?

plus liberty tree is listed; I thought no more specialty cakes in mk?

or are,they just not properly sub categorizing the cakes available and where as they do talk about the celebration cakes...

From looking at that link I don't believe it's referring to custom cakes, but rather the new standard chocolate or white chocolate Mickey head cakes. Custom cakes at MK are definitely over, at least for now.

From looking at that link I don't believe it's referring to custom cakes, but rather the new standard chocolate or white chocolate Mickey head cakes. Custom cakes at MK are definitely over, at least for now.

the little tab said custom cakes.... but it isn't there now. so I was like whaaaaat?! in case they changed it again.

I just checked again and that little tab is gone.

Does anyone know around how much the little 2 tier mini cakes cost & where you would go to order one? Thanks!! :)

Does anyone know around how much the little 2 tier mini cakes cost & where you would go to order one? Thanks!! :)

They start at around $35 and go up, depending on how customized you want them. They are available at any location serviced by a Deluxe resort pastry team. Use the list in Post #2 to find the place where you want your cake delivered and then call that number to order.

So I just got off the phone with Private Dining at Yacht and Beach Club. I was hoping to order a 6" vanilla cake with peanut butter filling, but I was told they no longer offer a 6" cake option and they no longer do peanut butter filling. I was told I had to choose a filling from their list of available options. They're going to get back to me with a quote for an 8" cake but that sure is a lot of cake for only 3 people. They were really pushing the Mickey dome cake on me but I insisted that I wanted a custom cake for mine and my husbands anniversary. Has anyone else had trouble getting a 6" cake?

So I just got off the phone with Private Dining at Yacht and Beach Club. I was hoping to order a 6" vanilla cake with peanut butter filling, but I was told they no longer offer a 6" cake option and they no longer do peanut butter filling. I was told I had to choose a filling from their list of available options. They're going to get back to me with a quote for an 8" cake but that sure is a lot of cake for only 3 people. They were really pushing the Mickey dome cake on me but I insisted that I wanted a custom cake for mine and my husbands anniversary. Has anyone else had trouble getting a 6" cake?

I'd call back (maybe at a different time) and say that you want an email address for a pastry chef so you can work on creating a custom cake together. Don't mention flavors or size or anything until you get in touch with an actual pastry chef. Sometimes the Private Dining CMs are not really aware of the pastry team's capabilities.

I'd call back (maybe at a different time) and say that you want an email address for a pastry chef so you can work on creating a custom cake together. Don't mention flavors or size or anything until you get in touch with an actual pastry chef. Sometimes the Private Dining CMs are not really aware of the pastry team's capabilities.
Thanks. I'll give that a try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter