Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Does anyone have a photo of a delivered cupcake?? :goodvibes
I posted this on the last thread, from our 2015 trip, we ordered my daughter a cake and a special dairy free cupcake for her birthday at 1900 Park Fare. I'm not sure they do special cupcakes apart from having a special diet or to accompany a regular cake, but then again, I have never tried.

Attachments

• 1900 park cake.jpg
    1900 park cake.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 351
Has anyone done the white Mickey celebration cake? Did it taste entirely of vanilla? I decided to order one at CRT based on their description of it being white chocolate...my DH LOVES white chocolate (he is indifferent to regular chocolate and vanilla. Sigh). When the CRT special events responded, she said, "Okay, your vanilla cake is ordered." I asked for confirmation of this and she said, yes, only the ears are white chocolate, everything else is vanilla. :/

Um, exact quote from email: "This cake is available in decadent chocolate or sweet white chocolate, and can be decorated with 'Happy Birthday' or 'Congratulations' ears."

So, is she mistaken? Or, are they misrepresenting the flavor in the description? Would love to have some firsthand experience.

We took a spur of the moment trip for our 22nd anniversary. I was going to order a two tiered mini cake but my husband is not a fan of all the buttercream. Since it was last minute, I took a chance and ordered one of the new celebration cakes for our dinner at Narcoosee's. It was white chocolate and to me the texture was very similar to the zebra dome cakes at Animal Kingdom Lodge, which we love. It was sooooooo adorable and really really good. My husband raved about that cake. It was very moist and the filling was delicious. I think I paid around $35 so I could not have been more pleased with the price.

Has anyone done the white Mickey celebration cake? Did it taste entirely of vanilla? I decided to order one at CRT based on their description of it being white chocolate...my DH LOVES white chocolate (he is indifferent to regular chocolate and vanilla. Sigh). When the CRT special events responded, she said, "Okay, your vanilla cake is ordered." I asked for confirmation of this and she said, yes, only the ears are white chocolate, everything else is vanilla. :/

Um, exact quote from email: "This cake is available in decadent chocolate or sweet white chocolate, and can be decorated with 'Happy Birthday' or 'Congratulations' ears."

So, is she mistaken? Or, are they misrepresenting the flavor in the description? Would love to have some firsthand experience.

This is from two pages back I'm sure @Toystoryfan32 can answer your question.

I was curious about this too, but really hoping it was vanilla! lol.

This week Disney announced that there is an increased AP discount at certain restaurants through the end of September (outside of certain hours of the dinner service). Does anyone know if that discount is applied toward cakes as well, or just the actual meal? I am thinking of getting a Food and Wine Festival theme cake delivered to Citrico's on our first night and it would be awesome if the cake were 30% off as well!

This week Disney announced that there is an increased AP discount at certain restaurants through the end of September (outside of certain hours of the dinner service). Does anyone know if that discount is applied toward cakes as well, or just the actual meal? I am thinking of getting a Food and Wine Festival theme cake delivered to Citrico's on our first night and it would be awesome if the cake were 30% off as well!

I'm not sure about the AP, but we used Tables in Wonderland for our meal with cake, and the discount came off the cake as well.

I was curious about this too, but really hoping it was vanilla! lol.

Well, I will hope for you it is vanilla! :) I already sent an email changing my order to an assortment of white chocolate slippers and crowns. Some clarification on this would be helpful though, so every one knows what they are actually getting.

Does anyone know if you have a cake delivered to a restaurant that has a Disney Visa discount if the cake also receives the discount provided that I pay for the cake with my card?

Does anyone know if you have a cake delivered to a restaurant that has a Disney Visa discount if the cake also receives the discount provided that I pay for the cake with my card?

When you have a cake delivered to a meal at a restaurant, the price is added to the bill for your meal. So any discount you get applies to the total bill, including the cake.

OK, here's @Sazzo'sMommy's AMAZING Moana cake from the Yacht & Beach Club, along with the details:

Place: Yacht & Beach Club Resort

Size:
8-inch

Cake Flavors:
  • Blue velvet cake - made to look like the ocean
  • cream cheese icing
  • white chocolate mousse filling
Price: $140.00 delivered to room

Notes: I worked with Austin in Private Dining. She was so kind and full of great help. We got to meet her as we were headed to our room, as she and Daniel had just placed the cake in our room! A very cool experience.

Moana%20Cake%201_zpsz5ipbgfz.jpeg

Moana%20Cake%205_zpsfmyosygg.jpeg

Moana%20Cake%206_zpsnxhpnofu.jpeg

Moana%20Cake%202_zpsznkxxfve.jpeg

Moana%20Cake%204_zpsst8ynlol.jpeg

Moana%20Cake%203_zpsq9vx4pby.jpeg

Moana%20Cake%207_zpsqlni54aa.jpeg

IMG_2828.PNG I tried to order a specialty dessert for the Dessert Party at MK. I was told this had been discontinued for this venue. I went to plan B and ordered a specialty dessert at Skipper's Canteen. I will attach a pic of the info sent to me via email. This does not show what is offered at CRT but was told their celebration dessert is still available. Hope this updated info helps.

View attachment 256966 I tried to order a specialty dessert for the Dessert Party at MK. I was told this had been discontinued for this venue. I went to plan B and ordered a specialty dessert at Skipper's Canteen. I will attach a pic of the info sent to me via email. This does not show what is offered at CRT but was told their celebration dessert is still available. Hope this updated info helps.
The speciality desserts can only be ordered during dinner, is that correct?

No mention of only being able to order at dinner. I have attached the full email. I ordered for lunch.

Our specialty desserts are available to add on to existing reservations at table service restaurants including Be Our Guest (dinner only), Cinderella’s Royal Table, Jungle Skipper Canteen, Liberty Tree Tavern, The Crystal Palace, and Tony’s Town Square. Each location has their own themed specialty dessert that you can add on to your reservation to make your celebration extra Magical! All desserts typically serve 1-2 guests and cost $15.00 each plus tax. Please note that each dessert is exclusive to each restaurant and cannot be ordered at another dining location.

Be Our Guest:
Trio of Mini Cupcakes
This enchanting dessert features three mini cupcakes- a Grey Stuff cupcake, a Triple Chocolate cupcake, and a Strawberry cupcake. The mini cupcakes are presented with a chocolate rose filled with the Grey Stuff filling and a “Happy Birthday”, “Happy Anniversary”, or “Congratulations” chocolate piece!

Cinderella’s Royal Table:
Chocolate Mousse Cake (Gluten Friendly)
This royal dessert features a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse, covered with a chocolate ganache. This is presented with a strawberry and your choice of a dark chocolate slipper, a white chocolate slipper, or a white chocolate crown, all filled with a chocolate mousse, and decorated with a “Happy Birthday”, “Happy Anniversary”, or “Congratulations” chocolate piece!

Jungle Skipper Canteen:
Chocolate Lava Cake
This adventurous dessert is a decadent chocolate cake with caramel ganache and chocolate crispy pearls. It is presented with a white chocolate elephant filled with a caramel mousse and a “Happy Birthday”, “Happy Anniversary”, or “Congratulations” chocolate piece!

Liberty Tree Tavern:
Boston Cream Pie
This stately dessert is a vanilla cake with vanilla cream filling, covered in a chocolate ganache and chocolate crispy pearls. It is presented with a strawberry, a chocolate Liberty Bell, and a “Happy Birthday”, “Happy Anniversary”, or “Congratulations” chocolate piece!

The Crystal Palace:
Honey Crunch Cake
This whimsical dessert is a vanilla cake with honey mousse, topped with a honey crunch and a honey comb accented chocolate piece. It is presented with a strawberry and a “Happy Birthday”, “Happy Anniversary”, or “Congratulations” chocolate piece!

Tony’s Town Square:
Tiramisu
This charming dessert is Kahlua Espresso-soaked ladyfingers with whipped mascarpone. It is presented with a strawberry, Lady and the Tramp chocolate accents, and a “Happy Birthday”, “Happy Anniversary”, or “Congratulations” chocolate piece!

We also offer our Mickey Mouse celebration cake which can be added on to existing reservations at all table service restaurants! This is available in decadent chocolate or sweet white chocolate and can include a special message of “Happy Birthday” or “Congratulations” on the chocolate ears—or you can leave them blank. Each cake serves 4-6 guests, and costs $35 plus tax and gratuity.

Please note that any cake that is not enjoyed during your meal cannot be stored at the Magic Kingdom, nor can it be shipped to your resort. However we would be happy to box up any remaining cake for you to take with you.

To officially place your order, you can just respond to this email with your dining confirmation number and your order details! We do require your completed order at least 72 hours prior to your reservation. You will receive a confirmation email once your order has been placed. Payment for any add-ons is not due until you dine with us. We are not able to accept prepayment or third party payment for our enhancements. All pricing and offerings are subject to change without notice. We are in the office Monday-Friday8:00am-4:00pm Eastern Standard Time. Please allow up to 72 hours for a response.

We look forward to hearing from you soon and have a Magical day!

Kathy
Special Occasion Location Coordinator
MAGIC KINGDOM® Park
WDW.Magic.Kingdom.Specialty.Desserts@Disney.com
*Please keep in mind that your order is not final until you receive an official confirmation email from us.*

No mention of only being able to order at dinner. I have attached the full email. I ordered for lunch.

Our specialty desserts are available to add on to existing reservations at table service restaurants including Be Our Guest (dinner only), Cinderella’s Royal Table, Jungle Skipper Canteen, Liberty Tree Tavern, The Crystal Palace, and Tony’s Town Square. Each location has their own themed specialty dessert that you can add on to your reservation to make your celebration extra Magical! All desserts typically serve 1-2 guests and cost $15.00 each plus tax. Please note that each dessert is exclusive to each restaurant and cannot be ordered at another dining location.

Be Our Guest:
Trio of Mini Cupcakes
This enchanting dessert features three mini cupcakes- a Grey Stuff cupcake, a Triple Chocolate cupcake, and a Strawberry cupcake. The mini cupcakes are presented with a chocolate rose filled with the Grey Stuff filling and a “Happy Birthday”, “Happy Anniversary”, or “Congratulations” chocolate piece!

Cinderella’s Royal Table:
Chocolate Mousse Cake (Gluten Friendly)
This royal dessert features a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse, covered with a chocolate ganache. This is presented with a strawberry and your choice of a dark chocolate slipper, a white chocolate slipper, or a white chocolate crown, all filled with a chocolate mousse, and decorated with a “Happy Birthday”, “Happy Anniversary”, or “Congratulations” chocolate piece!

Jungle Skipper Canteen:
Chocolate Lava Cake
This adventurous dessert is a decadent chocolate cake with caramel ganache and chocolate crispy pearls. It is presented with a white chocolate elephant filled with a caramel mousse and a “Happy Birthday”, “Happy Anniversary”, or “Congratulations” chocolate piece!

Liberty Tree Tavern:
Boston Cream Pie
This stately dessert is a vanilla cake with vanilla cream filling, covered in a chocolate ganache and chocolate crispy pearls. It is presented with a strawberry, a chocolate Liberty Bell, and a “Happy Birthday”, “Happy Anniversary”, or “Congratulations” chocolate piece!

The Crystal Palace:
Honey Crunch Cake
This whimsical dessert is a vanilla cake with honey mousse, topped with a honey crunch and a honey comb accented chocolate piece. It is presented with a strawberry and a “Happy Birthday”, “Happy Anniversary”, or “Congratulations” chocolate piece!

Tony’s Town Square:
Tiramisu
This charming dessert is Kahlua Espresso-soaked ladyfingers with whipped mascarpone. It is presented with a strawberry, Lady and the Tramp chocolate accents, and a “Happy Birthday”, “Happy Anniversary”, or “Congratulations” chocolate piece!

We also offer our Mickey Mouse celebration cake which can be added on to existing reservations at all table service restaurants! This is available in decadent chocolate or sweet white chocolate and can include a special message of “Happy Birthday” or “Congratulations” on the chocolate ears—or you can leave them blank. Each cake serves 4-6 guests, and costs $35 plus tax and gratuity.

Please note that any cake that is not enjoyed during your meal cannot be stored at the Magic Kingdom, nor can it be shipped to your resort. However we would be happy to box up any remaining cake for you to take with you.

To officially place your order, you can just respond to this email with your dining confirmation number and your order details! We do require your completed order at least 72 hours prior to your reservation. You will receive a confirmation email once your order has been placed. Payment for any add-ons is not due until you dine with us. We are not able to accept prepayment or third party payment for our enhancements. All pricing and offerings are subject to change without notice. We are in the office Monday-Friday8:00am-4:00pm Eastern Standard Time. Please allow up to 72 hours for a response.

We look forward to hearing from you soon and have a Magical day!

Kathy
Special Occasion Location Coordinator
MAGIC KINGDOM® Park
WDW.Magic.Kingdom.Specialty.Desserts@Disney.com
*Please keep in mind that your order is not final until you receive an official confirmation email from us.*
:thanks:

Hi! I am thinking of ordering a cake for our September trip. We're staying at Copper Creek Villas at The Wilderness Lodge, dining at Chef Mickey's,1900 Park Fare, and Trattoria al Forno. So, I have flexibility with where I order from. I really want to get vanilla cake with cookies and cream mousse. Has anyone had any success doing this anywhere? Thanks in advance! :flower1:

Updating about my birthday cake- I am ordering an 8" Haunted Mansion design cake from AKL private dining, to be delivered to our room. It's pricy but I hope it's worth it! I requested almond cake and amaretto or almond filling. The chef isn't able to do the almond filling, but is going to make almond cake with vanilla buttercream filling. So there is some hope of getting something other than the standard flavors. So glad the chef is flexible. Hope it's yummy!

Hi! I am thinking of ordering a cake for our September trip. We're staying at Copper Creek Villas at The Wilderness Lodge, dining at Chef Mickey's,1900 Park Fare, and Trattoria al Forno. So, I have flexibility with where I order from. I really want to get vanilla cake with cookies and cream mousse. Has anyone had any success doing this anywhere? Thanks in advance! :flower1:

Based on the info detailed in the first post 1900 pf may be your best bet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter