***Official December 2022 Thread***

There is a big company event Dec 2-4 (WDW+Universal) that we will be attending (approx 2500 employees+family+1 caretaker.) Some people will extend trips but it’s all inclusive with tickets, flight, food and hotel included for those days.

I would avoid that weekend if possible.
Do you by chance know if they are all booked at pop-century-resort as part of the all inclusive? Also if you don't mind me asking , what city are these employees departing out of? Flights will be hard to come by.

Last edited:
Swan/Dolphin is booked up for the week after Thanksgiving, and has been for months. Some other Disney resorts are showing slim or no inventory as well. Not sure what’s up, but that’s my week and I’m bracing for big crowds this Christmas 😬.

eta: I’ve been going one of those two weeks for years now, and it gets busier every year, but I’ve never seen resort availability so slim this far out.
Same for us. These are 2 great weeks to go and enjoy all the Christmas stuff with lesser crowds. But if @Disturbia is right then there's going to be about 10,000 extra people in disney that otherwise would not have been for the 2nd to 4th. I can imagine many of them will extend there all inclusive weekend for the week prior and week after. Ugh

Do you by chance know if they are all booked at pop-century-resort as part of the all inclusive? Also if you don't mind me asking , what city are these employees departing out of? Flights will be hard to come by.
I don’t have any other details yet, we had to fill out how many people will be in our party. I know there will be a ballroom event to kickoff the party.

There are multiple branches, so flights won’t be out of one city and they might just reimburse flight costs if people extend trips (would probably encourage this to spread out people), so I don’t see flights as being an issue. With the park reservation system, the impact on day guests should be limited in terms of crowds.

Since it’s around 8-10k people (approx), they would have to divide up hotels. I would think there would be separate transportation due to timed events. They usually reserve a spot for character meets and a lunch buffet so those would not impact regular day guests (QS lines) too much either.

We are going from 12/10 to 12/17. We are staying at AKLK in 2BR. We are DVC and there weren't many options at 7 months but not unhappy. I think the last time we stayed at Kidani was 2009. Looking forward to the trip.
Update on our stay, I was able to grab a 2BR at Riviera for 12/10 to 12/17 so excited to stay there. Have not stayed there yet so new resort for us! Super excited.

Same for us. These are 2 great weeks to go and enjoy all the Christmas stuff with lesser crowds. But if @Disturbia is right then there's going to be about 10,000 extra people in disney that otherwise would not have been for the 2nd to 4th. I can imagine many of them will extend there all inclusive weekend for the week prior and week after. Ugh
Did you try booking through Marriott website?

Did you try booking through Marriott website?
That is what I did and I saw plenty of rooms available. I used points for my room there, so it is standard. Hoping for upgrade, but not holding my breath since I used points. Just need free!

I’m so excited now that they’ve announced the Christmas party! We’re going Dec.11-16 and staying off properly at an Airbnb. It will be my husband and I, our 2 youngest daughters who are 11 and 13, my oldest daughter and her fiancée and her bff, and my 2nd oldest and her fiancée. We’re so excited! We haven’t been in a few years and I miss it so much.

I wonder when we should buy our tickets and get our park reservations. We’re all still saving money, but I’m worried park reservations will get filled quickly especially now that they’ve announced the dates for MVMCP.

A few days ago we booked our Southwest plane tickets for Dec. 16-24. So excited! Haven't been since Nov. 2018. (Canceled August 2020.) I'm holding the Holiday Inn Orlando - Disney Springs right now. If no discounts are released we will probably just stay there as onsite prices right now are making my eyes water.

We did this week (right before Christmas) in 2017 and it worked pretty well, only getting crazy crowded the last day or two. Hoping it will be similar this time but not holding my breath!

I’m so excited now that they’ve announced the Christmas party! We’re going Dec.11-16 and staying off properly at an Airbnb. It will be my husband and I, our 2 youngest daughters who are 11 and 13, my oldest daughter and her fiancée and her bff, and my 2nd oldest and her fiancée. We’re so excited! We haven’t been in a few years and I miss it so much.

I wonder when we should buy our tickets and get our park reservations. We’re all still saving money, but I’m worried park reservations will get filled quickly especially now that they’ve announced the dates for MVMCP.
Yes! I feel like we have been waiting so long for Disney to announce the Christmas dates. Now I can go back into planning mode!

I am buying tickets right away and making park reservations. I get too anxious to wait too long and get nervous that we might miss our preferred day. We are going December 17th to the 24th, so we are expecting the parks to be busy!

Will we be able to purchase MVMCP tickets online? Through the app? The website? I really don’t want to have to call!?

Will we be able to purchase MVMCP tickets online? Through the app? The website? I really don’t want to have to call!?
The Halloween tickets were available online on the first day. I would assume these will be the same. They were available starting at midnight. Also, not a single Not So Scary Halloween party is currently sold out. So don't get involved in the FOMO stampede thinking you'll need to get them the second they're available at midnight. It can wait until you wake up the next day.

So glad you posted this. I had just been on the website yesterday looking for information. I have it on my calendar now to buy tickets!

A few days ago we booked our Southwest plane tickets for Dec. 16-24. So excited! Haven't been since Nov. 2018. (Canceled August 2020.) I'm holding the Holiday Inn Orlando - Disney Springs right now. If no discounts are released we will probably just stay there as onsite prices right now are making my eyes water.

We did this week (right before Christmas) in 2017 and it worked pretty well, only getting crazy crowded the last day or two. Hoping it will be similar this time but not holding my breath!
With the way the economy and inflation are heading, I will be shocked if this winter is a heavy travel time. I could be wrong, but I don't anticipate it. I like the Christmas party, but for the cost, I think adding a day with Genie + is a better option. Still debating in my mind which way to go.

With the way the economy and inflation are heading, I will be shocked if this winter is a heavy travel time. I could be wrong, but I don't anticipate it. I like the Christmas party, but for the cost, I think adding a day with Genie + is a better option. Still debating in my mind which way to go.
I think I will buy one Christmas party night. I will then wait for reviews to decide if I want to buy another night instead of a park ticket. There is only 2 adults in our group though. I feel bad for families who have to pay so much.

I was tossing around the idea too of buying 2 day tickets plus the Christmas party as opposed to 3 day tickets. My DH and I only plan to do one day at MK and the other two at Epcot for the festival. Then, I realized that we like to go to the parks early and not stay late so maybe the Christmas party isn't for us. Also since I have an AP, it would be cheaper to buy my DH 3 day tickets than a 2 day plus have to buy both of us Christmas party tickets....I do have a bit of FOMO though.

My sister and I were able to get the last week of December off from work, so my mom decided to use some DVC points to book a Christmas/New Years trip! We'll be there from December 24th-January 1st. We're doing 2 nights at Beach Club, 4 at AKL Kidani (Savanna View) and 2 nights Saratoga Springs. Not a fan of split stays, but we'll take what we can get.

The trip is going to mostly consist of pool/resort time but we're planning 1 MK day, 1 Epcot day and 1 day at Universal. I know it'll be insanely busy, but I'm looking forward to seeing the parks and resorts at Christmas time :D

Last edited:
The Halloween tickets were available online on the first day. I would assume these will be the same. They were available starting at midnight. Also, not a single Not So Scary Halloween party is currently sold out. So don't get involved in the FOMO stampede thinking you'll need to get them the second they're available at midnight. It can wait until you wake up the next day.
Thanks! One more question...just off the website of should/can/do I have too....purchase through the My Experience App?

Thanks! One more question...just off the website of should/can/do I have too....purchase through the My Experience App?
You should be able to do it under either the website or the app. If you look on either of them now under Special Event Tickets you'll see MVMCP listed, just as currently unavailable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter