***Official December 2022 Thread***

I guess I was posting in the unofficial thread before--we're headed down again this year for Dec 2-11th! We'll be at the Grand Floridian Villas and I cannot WAIT! Our trip in March was kind of whirlwind since both girls had birthdays and it was the first time they were able to actually ride the rides...but now that we know what they liked and what they didn't we won't have to go crazy running around everywhere.

The only downside is we were really hoping annual passes would be back by now. Paying for tickets twice in a year...yeesh.
We dropped in the GF last year and it was beautiful with all the holiday decorations and the gingerbread house!

Oh yeah it's hands down my favorite time of year there! The huge tree and everything...I have two pictures I've taken there that have been the absolute best pictures ever--one when I was pregnant with my first with the tree in the background and then of my daughter nearly two years later looking down at the tree from the same spot. I'll see if I can find them!

Edited to add pics!

Attachments

• pregnant.JPG
    pregnant.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 12
  • isabelle.jpg
    isabelle.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Well I had to cancel my December trip yesterday. Got confirmation from my Travel Agent that my deposit was on it's way back to my bank account. My orthopedic knee doctor said I need extensive physical therapy on both my knees well into the new year. I won't be able to go around WDW even with a scooter. Since I made the reservation with my TA my knees have been getting rapidly worse. Walking to get the mail has become really painful. So I'm taking a shorter trip in October 2023 to DLR and get my do-over from my disaster trip in 2019. I only had 2 weeks to plan that one because the book retreat I was going to cancelled 2 weeks before. The people I was with treated me badly the minute I walked into the suite at the hotel. Then I got sick and they didn't even check on me to see if I was okay. Not one text, not one call. No knocking on my door to see if I needed anything. 3 days in bed and all I got to do was go on BTMRR and be forced to eat fried chicken when I felt sick to my stomach. They insisted on it. I was feeling too sick to argue. A dole whip would have done the trick. I paid for a meal and only took 4 or 5 small bites. I don't speak to them anymore. Can you believe it they were annoyed and angry with me for getting sick. So I'm getting my 2nd chance at DLR and hope to go to the Oogie Boogie Bash. I will be going solo. I'm not tempting fate. I will miss WDW but it will be easier for me to go to smaller parks and more convenient for me to just be 5 minutes down the street from DLR and not have to take buses. I was worried about getting on and off the buses with the scooter. Another time I will do WDW and for now it's wait until Oct. 2023 for DLR. I hope everyone has a wonderful time on their trips. :)

Well I had to cancel my December trip yesterday. Got confirmation from my Travel Agent that my deposit was on it's way back to my bank account. My orthopedic knee doctor said I need extensive physical therapy on both my knees well into the new year. I won't be able to go around WDW even with a scooter. Since I made the reservation with my TA my knees have been getting rapidly worse. Walking to get the mail has become really painful. So I'm taking a shorter trip in October 2023 to DLR and get my do-over from my disaster trip in 2019. I only had 2 weeks to plan that one because the book retreat I was going to cancelled 2 weeks before. The people I was with treated me badly the minute I walked into the suite at the hotel. Then I got sick and they didn't even check on me to see if I was okay. Not one text, not one call. No knocking on my door to see if I needed anything. 3 days in bed and all I got to do was go on BTMRR and be forced to eat fried chicken when I felt sick to my stomach. They insisted on it. I was feeling too sick to argue. A dole whip would have done the trick. I paid for a meal and only took 4 or 5 small bites. I don't speak to them anymore. Can you believe it they were annoyed and angry with me for getting sick. So I'm getting my 2nd chance at DLR and hope to go to the Oogie Boogie Bash. I will be going solo. I'm not tempting fate. I will miss WDW but it will be easier for me to go to smaller parks and more convenient for me to just be 5 minutes down the street from DLR and not have to take buses. I was worried about getting on and off the buses with the scooter. Another time I will do WDW and for now it's wait until Oct. 2023 for DLR. I hope everyone has a wonderful time on their trips. :)
Sorry you had to cancel your trip, hope your knees recover well with the therapy. DLR does sound wonderful! Have fun planning that one!

My daughter convinced me to change resorts from ASMusic to Pop - she said she will miss the skyliner too much! Pop is definitely our home, so I am not sad about it.

My daughter convinced me to change resorts from ASMusic to Pop - she said she will miss the skyliner too much! Pop is definitely our home, so I am not sad about it.
Definitely go with Pop. The skyliner is great! So much faster than buses. We are staying a couple of nights there in December before we move to the Poly.

Does anyone know when they usually announce Christmas events? Like the Christmas after hours or hopefully the Christmas party. Although we really liked the after hours last year. It was just as fun as the party in my opinion.

Does anyone know when they usually announce Christmas events? Like the Christmas after hours or hopefully the Christmas party. Although we really liked the after hours last year. It was just as fun as the party in my opinion.

They just announced the return of the Not So Scary event, so I would figure 4 months in advance of the Christmas party.

I need help! So we are trying to decide on park reservations. We will be in the parks the 24th-29th. What parks would you do on Christmas eve and Christmas day? Would love to do MK but I know it will be a mad house.

I need help! So we are trying to decide on park reservations. We will be in the parks the 24th-29th. What parks would you do on Christmas eve and Christmas day? Would love to do MK but I know it will be a mad house.

Will be there a similar time - I was going to avoid Christmas Day altogether and let it be a rest/resort day. Was thinking MK for 24th but also was waiting to see when the Christmas party days will be

Not going in December, but still a "Christmas trip"...come on, if Halloween at WDW starts in August...:P

We're going Nov 13-20 @ BLT. First visit back since Jan 2020. Starting to get excited for all the planning! Also getting frightened at all the NEW planning we have to do. Good grief.

Hoping for MVMCP!!!

I know the Very Merriest after hours tickets went on sale in August last year. Do we think it will be August again for 2022? Maybe July? My BIL is in a hurry to make our park reservations. I am telling him to wait until summer after we book our party tickets.
I’d like to know too. We may do 2 Christmas parties depending on the price.

Happy to be planning my very first on-site Christmas trip!

Who wants to join me?

Christmas travelers:

4stroke - November 13-20 - BLT
ilovetotravel - November 27 - December 4 - Pop
eilonwywanderer - December 2-11 - Grand Floridian Villas
Eve & Wall-e - December 2-6 - POFQ
KNovacovschi - December 3-10 - Poly / BLT / OKW
Kirsti - December 8-10 - Boardwalk & December 10-15 - Beach Club Villas
suse66 - December 9-13 - Boulder Ridge Villas
bas71873 - December 12-17 - POFQ
maryj11 - December 13-17 - Poly
spm2323 - December 14-January 1 - SSR
justrose - December 14-18 - Pop
Kiddywhompus - December 17-24 - Poly
SJ Disney - December 22-30 - Fort Wilderness
nhanifan - December 23-31 - Holiday Inn Orlando Disney Springs
cjlong88 - December 25-January 2 - Yacht Club
TK001 - December 26-January 1 - ASM
Pamsoup81 - December 26-January 1 - POR
DLmama - December 30-January 7 - POFQ
We’re doing wilderness lodge December 30-Jan 6 and cannot wait!! Really hoping the holiday stuff is still up/activities available

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter