***Official December 2017 thread!

Holy cow. over an hour and a half waiting, and nothing available for the discount from 12.3 - 12.13. As in no rooms available at POP at all according to the website AND the cast member on the phone.

I'll be keeping an eye out for availability, maybe try again later. But great googly-moogly, I thought the first couple weeks of December was supposed to be a lighter-crowd time (in relative comparison to the peak times that is).

Holy cow. over an hour and a half waiting, and nothing available for the discount from 12.3 - 12.13. As in no rooms available at POP at all according to the website AND the cast member on the phone.

I'll be keeping an eye out for availability, maybe try again later. But great googly-moogly, I thought the first couple weeks of December was supposed to be a lighter-crowd time (in relative comparison to the peak times that is).
Early December is recommended by all the sites and blogs, and many people on here have reported low availability for rooms and ADRs for weeks. I also imagine Pop Century is popular because of the room rennovations-people seem to love it or hate it. I'm thinking your dates will be very busy! Keep trying for a room-people will start to cancel as the dates approach. Good luck!

Early December is recommended by all the sites and blogs, and many people on here have reported low availability for rooms and ADRs for weeks. I also imagine Pop Century is popular because of the room rennovations-people seem to love it or hate it. I'm thinking your dates will be very busy! Keep trying for a room-people will start to cancel as the dates approach. Good luck!

Oh, thankfully we reserved our dates at POP back in May so we've got a room :) Was just hoping for a little discount to top it off. We planned the trip with zero discounts in mind though, so it's not a deal-breaker.

Good point on the blogs and podcasts and whatnot recommending early December for folks. I have a feeling the crowd levels will be somewhere around where they were near the end of May last year. That wasn't bad really.

Just looked at the second week of December for kicks. WOW. Literally everything is booked. I've never seen anything like it.

Just looked at the second week of December for kicks. WOW. Literally everything is booked. I've never seen anything like it.

I wonder how much of that is actually booked and how much of it is Disney holding rooms back? I only say that because I agree, I've never seen anything like this before.

Ah, fair point. You think they are maybe erring on the side of caution on how many rooms they make available because they aren't sure they know exactly how many will be ready?

I wonder how much of that is actually booked and how much of it is Disney holding rooms back? I only say that because I agree, I've never seen anything like this before.
I wonder if any of the second week's bookings have to do with the next Star Wars movie premiere? And yes, that's why we're going that week. :rolleyes1

Also-I remember last year was about the same- Resorts book up due to FD, it was not to bad crowd wise, not as many offsite. It got a little more busier the last 2 days of trip (but still very uncrowded) went December 9-17 last year.

So I am going 12/6-12/11 and I am starting to get worried about all hotels being booked. Also the major issues with ADR.

Is there any chance the crowd calendars would ever go from a 3-4 at this time to a 7-8? Am I being paranoid just based on the number of on-site guests.

I chose this time based on the crowd calendar. We are taking our 18 month old and we're looking for a relaxing, little crowds vacation. Thoughts?

So I am going 12/6-12/11 and I am starting to get worried about all hotels being booked. Also the major issues with ADR.

Is there any chance the crowd calendars would ever go from a 3-4 at this time to a 7-8? Am I being paranoid just based on the number of on-site guests.

I chose this time based on the crowd calendar. We are taking our 18 month old and we're looking for a relaxing, little crowds vacation. Thoughts?

We chose this time of year for a lighter crowd estimate as well. That said, I've already seen many folks saying that since the discounts either aren't there or are tiny, they they are rebooking for a different time. I've a suspicion that with construction, people booking ahead to try and bank on discounts and whatnot, rooms are booked up because there are fewer available. Now I'm under no disillusion that the parks will be ghost towns, but I don't think it'll be horrible.

I've been wondering the same thing. I haven't been in four years and am hearing reports from several on here that they've "never seen anything like it" regarding ADRS and resorts. I'm hoping the resort issue is because some are under construction and have limited rooms but isn't CBR the only one like that? I'm going dec 11-16 and have seen may who are checking in this week. Hoping it's just people on the boards.

I've been wondering the same thing. I haven't been in four years and am hearing reports from several on here that they've "never seen anything like it" regarding ADRS and resorts. I'm hoping the resort issue is because some are under construction and have limited rooms but isn't CBR the only one like that? I'm going dec 11-16 and have seen may who are checking in this week. Hoping it's just people on the boards.

Looks like 4 resorts with limited rooms/availability due to refurbishments? Yacht Club, POP Century, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach. There's more construction/refurbishment going on at a few others as well according to the link above, though they say it won't affect the rooms. Still, that will absolutely deter people from staying at those resorts and others will book up because of it.

Of the 4 I mentioned, you're looking at 2 Moderates and a Value. So the rest of the cheaper resorts will fill up faster I'd think, which is what's happening. If you hop on the website to look at availability, the Deluxe level is still readily available and all the affordable options are gone.

Looks like 4 resorts with limited rooms/availability due to refurbishments? Yacht Club, POP Century, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach. There's more construction/refurbishment going on at a few others as well according to the link above, though they say it won't affect the rooms. Still, that will absolutely deter people from staying at those resorts and others will book up because of it.

Of the 4 I mentioned, you're looking at 2 Moderates and a Value. So the rest of the cheaper resorts will fill up faster I'd think, which is what's happening. If you hop on the website to look at availability, the Deluxe level is still readily available and all the affordable options are gone.
Wilderness Lodge lost a ton of rooms to Copper Creek as well and it's popular during the holidays.

Sorry for my neglect everyone, it's county fair season and as any 4-Her alumni or parent knows...this is time for crazy!!! We have had judging all month long and a variety of shows on top of getting ready for general projects judging in 2 weeks! Forgive me and I will be back in full force after the STATE fair, which is Mid August! I am still popping in here when I can but my focus is elsewhere!

This is definitely a December for the record books, the entire month is pretty much sold out resort wise even most of the top dollar rooms, it's been a pain to add people to our trip because there has been absolutely nothing. I am thanking the good Lord that we booked over a year ago and booked club level (concierge), because they have been awesome in trying to find rooms for the people we keep adding. They all want to stay Value, and those have been booked forever, so each time one pops up they are so helpful with it!!

We are just going to go with the usual flow of our trips and just hit every single park up at rope drop and we are purchasing express transportation to move faster in between parks and we will book all of our fastpasses for the evening hours when they should ideally be easier to get all that we want.

I plan on disney bounding the week we are there and are starting to plan my outfits. Will i be ok if i wear tennis/golf skirts all week? Should i plan back ups with pants? We will be there 12/11-17th.

Thanks

Depends on where you are from! LOL! That's all I wear in the parks no matter if it's August or a chilly December but I am fine with cool weather and if it is down right brisk (rarely as I am from Northern IL), I bring my fleece North Face and often have to take it off :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter