• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

***Official August 2022 Thread***

Question for all to help while away the hours (days/months) until August. We are arriving at MCO at 1 pm and staying at POR. As we don't know the park hours yet, it's hard to select where to go for that first evening (we have parkhopper and waterpark tickets). What would be YOUR first choice for an "evening" park at the start of a leisurely 9 day visit?
I usually pick Epcot for my arrival day park. Historically I found they had the latest park hours (not sure that’s true anymore but 9pm isn’t bad). I’m always hesitant to make an ADR in case of delays, and since Epcot has the best food options for a park I’m happier to try my luck for food there.

I am not sure if I can change after the fact. Can anyone confirm?
If there’s availability, you can change your park pass reservation to a different park.

I seem to recall a modify button occasionally, not sure if that was a temporary thing or because I booked differently (resort stay vs AP).

I always check park pass availability without signing into my account before I make changes. Just in case.

I usually pick Epcot for my arrival day park.
Epcot is my go-to as well, especially with the Food&Wine Fest - but since we have a split stay, with the latter half at Dolphin, I figure we'd eat our way around the world for a couple of nights later in the trip. Definitely a contender for arrival night though.

If there’s availability, you can change your park pass reservation to a different park.

I seem to recall a modify button occasionally, not sure if that was a temporary thing or because I booked differently (resort stay vs AP).

I always check park pass availability without signing into my account before I make changes. Just in case.

Perfect!! Thank you for your help!

Just made my park reservations.
Now have to figure out the magic band fiasco. The limited options online are so...blah.

We plan to go to Disney Springs on arrival day to see what we can find. I can't bring myself to spend money on the ones online. They are so meh to be spending money on
I think that's what we're going to end up doing. Hoping POP has some good options as well.

Thoughts on arrival day mini golf? A few passes are part of our package I guess? Never been at wdw but the DSs enjoy it at home. We are arriving early afternoon and do not plan on doing parks or any ADRs first day in case of flight delays. Only "plan" is exploring the hotel grounds and maybe taking whoever isnt exhausted to the observation deck to watch the fireworks.

Thoughts on arrival day mini golf? A few passes are part of our package I guess? Never been at wdw but the DSs enjoy it at home. We are arriving early afternoon and do not plan on doing parks or any ADRs first day in case of flight delays. Only "plan" is exploring the hotel grounds and maybe taking whoever isnt exhausted to the observation deck to watch the fireworks.
Keep and eye on the hours your passes are valid. I think the ones with the hoppers+ is before 4-which is august can be really
Hot!!!

My opinion - don't do it. :) I would leave your arrival day open. I might possibly schedule a dinner, a very Disney themed dinner to kick things off. But I think that an arrival day with flexibility is the best way to arrive. Maybe you guys will want to swim, explore, unpack, etc. I've learned over the years that my kids LOVE the swim time. So, I plan fewer activities and allow a few hours to swim every day, since that is top priority for them.

Just booked POFQ for 8/29-9/3 with the newly released Disney Visa Card room discount!

I'm attending a conference in Naples and had to of course add a trip to WDW afterward. Hoping for the return of MNSSHP and looking forward to checking out Ratatouille, Guardians and all of the 50th celebration items! I typically go during Labor Day week and am hoping that the week prior has nice, low crowds also.

We are booked for Aug 19th-26th at AKL and hope park hours will be released well before the 60 day ADRs can be made. 🤞🏻I made park reservations based on when extended evening hours should be…but are on the fence about hoppers if regular park hours are not also extended like they have been so far through Spring break.

I was in withdrawal so I booked 8/1-8/5 for a mommy-daughter trip with my 8 year old. My son will be away at camp and I know he’ll be so mad but I am planning to take him on a trip to the haunted houses at universal next year for his 13th bday so eventually all will be “fair”! We’re using points for the Hilton Bonnet Creek - anyone have experience there? I miss the bubble but spending that much wasn’t in the cards this time. My daughter isn’t a night owl so I feel like the extended deluxe hours would be a waste on her, so that also convinced me to go “free” instead of on-site. I’ve done August so I know what I’m in for in terms of heat but I’m still nervous. Investigating neck fan reviews on Amazon now… looking forward to planning with this group!

My trip is coming together! I’ve finally convinced my “Point A to Point B” husband to make our long trip down the East Coast into a real road-trip. We drive from New York, so we’ll stop to see friends in DC and then spend a couple of nights in Savannah and St. Augustine before getting to Disney for our stay from the 15-22nd, then relax in Hilton Head for a couple of days on the way back North. Does anyone have any suggestions for Savannah or St. Augustine?
We stayed in St. Augustine a few nights in Feb. 2020. Yep, right before everything shut down and went berserk. We stayed in a B & B in the downtown historic area that we enjoyed. The place was called “44 Spanish Street”. Walking distance to most sites in that area. We did the Fort, the Pirate Museum, and had meals at the English pub in the shopping area and at Harry’s (sit upstairs)- Great food and view! We drove to the nearby beach and the alligator farm. We intend to return- there is so much more to do there. You won’t be disappointed.

I was in withdrawal so I booked 8/1-8/5 for a mommy-daughter trip with my 8 year old. My son will be away at camp and I know he’ll be so mad but I am planning to take him on a trip to the haunted houses at universal next year for his 13th bday so eventually all will be “fair”! We’re using points for the Hilton Bonnet Creek - anyone have experience there? I miss the bubble but spending that much wasn’t in the cards this time. My daughter isn’t a night owl so I feel like the extended deluxe hours would be a waste on her, so that also convinced me to go “free” instead of on-site. I’ve done August so I know what I’m in for in terms of heat but I’m still nervous. Investigating neck fan reviews on Amazon now… looking forward to planning with this group!
We’re doing the 3rd-9th. We’re able to get back on the Boardwalk (1bedroom-Standard). We’re down to 105 days now. I’m starting to get excited.

We stayed in St. Augustine a few nights in Feb. 2020. Yep, right before everything shut down and went berserk. We stayed in a B & B in the downtown historic area that we enjoyed. The place was called “44 Spanish Street”. Walking distance to most sites in that area. We did the Fort, the Pirate Museum, and had meals at the English pub in the shopping area and at Harry’s (sit upstairs)- Great food and view! We drove to the nearby beach and the alligator farm. We intend to return- there is so much more to do there. You won’t be disappointed.
Thank you!

First trip back to Disney since August of 2018, we were going annually since 2012 and had only planned on taking a year off (2019) but then Covid had other plans for us 🥴

Excited to get back! We are splitting our stay with our HGVC from August 25-28th. We will do Universal during the first part of our trip, then we will head to the Poly Villas August 28-9/1. So excited to book the Villas, the Poly is our favorite resort.

Everything is new since we went last, it feels a little overwhelming planning! Our girls were 8 and 3 the last time we went, now we will have a 12 and almost 8 year old. I think less character/Disney Princess (edit: forgot the word "princess" in my og post) stuff this trip. Makes me sad that we missed such a gap with them since the last time!

Last edited:
Just saw the halloween dates! We won't be attending the party but I can't wait to see all the Halloween deorations up - never seen them! And Halloween treats! My husband is so annoyed it's doing to be halloween decor in August so I'll be taking ALL the photos of him in front of pumpkins 🤭

I am so bummed they will be closing MK early for the Halloween parties the week we are there. It will be so crowded at the fireworks the nights they are open. I am feeling rather Eeyore-ish with not knowing the park hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter