• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

***Official August 2022 Thread***

Well! That's a step up - I'm sure you're excited!
Definitely! I upgraded to a Cars Suite from LM with the sale… then saw it was cheaper to move to AKL. After some input from others we decided to make the switch and I actually think it will be much better for us in a number of ways. Can’t wait!

Good Day Fellow August People. We are going to be at POFQ from Aug 15-26th. The trip that was supposed to be August 2020 lol. This will be my first trip since 2006 and first time in the heat of August (insert scared sweaty face here)
We are from Newfoundland, Canada. I know I'm gonna be a sweaty unhappy mess, but Disney should make bearable right? lol. Our it's so hot today high in the summer is 88 degrees no humidity. I'm expecting to be a puddle.
Anyone more than a little nervous August is gonna be crazy busy instead of the calm time it normally is?

Last edited:
Anyone more than a little nervous August is gonna be crazy busy instead of the calm time it normally is?
I share your concerns - even if the numbers are down, I doubt they'll be up to speed with staffing by August, so it will FEEL busier than expected. I haven't been to WDW in August before, but it would be pretty magical if they are able to overcome all of the supply chain issues, re-staffing and training, etc that we've all been experiencing over the last few years.

I'll go in expecting things to be a little challenging, no matter when I visit. And then hopefully be pleasantly surprised!

I'll go in expecting things to be a little challenging, no matter when I visit. And then hopefully be pleasantly surprised!

Same here. I just wish they would bring back package delivery (to the front or to the resort I will take anything). I have been waiting 12 years and I feel like I won't be able to buy all the pretty things I see :)

Add us to the list please! We will be at OKW August 16-23!

I'm happy to see so many things are opening/reopening over the next few months!

Good Day Fellow August People. We are going to be at POFQ from Aug 15-26th. The trip that was supposed to be August 2020 lol. This will be my first trip since 2006 and first time in the heat of August (insert scared sweaty face here)
We are from Newfoundland, Canada. I know I'm gonna be a sweaty unhappy mess, but Disney should make bearable right? lol. Our it's so hot today high in the summer is 88 degrees no humidity. I'm expecting to be a puddle.
Also coming from Newfoundland and concerned about the heat!

My trip is coming together! I’ve finally convinced my “Point A to Point B” husband to make our long trip down the East Coast into a real road-trip. We drive from New York, so we’ll stop to see friends in DC and then spend a couple of nights in Savannah and St. Augustine before getting to Disney for our stay from the 15-22nd, then relax in Hilton Head for a couple of days on the way back North. Does anyone have any suggestions for Savannah or St. Augustine?

we rescheduled our Aug 2020 trip to Aug 2022! We will be there Aug 15-24, with the last two days on the starcruiser. For the rest we may br at CBR which is what I originally booked, but when the Disney+ discounts came out I booked Boardwalk for not much more! I still have both reservations we are trying to decide!

Hey Y'all!!

We will be back 8/22 to 8/27 at POP! This is our first time back since 2019 :) I haven't made park reservations yet as I am waiting for park hours to be released. Just curious, anyone else waiting?

I haven't made park reservations yet as I am waiting for park hours to be released. Just curious, anyone else waiting?
I assume you can change them after you make them? (If the park is still available of course)
I'm considering making based on my plans now and change if the hours make me feel different.

I assume you can change them after you make them? (If the park is still available of course)
I'm considering making based on my plans now and change if the hours make me feel different.

I am not sure if I can change after the fact. Can anyone confirm?

Question for all to help while away the hours (days/months) until August. We are arriving at MCO at 1 pm and staying at POR. As we don't know the park hours yet, it's hard to select where to go for that first evening (we have parkhopper and waterpark tickets). What would be YOUR first choice for an "evening" park at the start of a leisurely 9 day visit?

Question for all to help while away the hours (days/months) until August. We are arriving at MCO at 1 pm and staying at POR. As we don't know the park hours yet, it's hard to select where to go for that first evening (we have parkhopper and waterpark tickets). What would be YOUR first choice for an "evening" park at the start of a leisurely 9 day visit?

What time does your day start out? We will be arriving around 1pm as well from Canada (Staying at POFQ) and doing the same thing. I'm debating going to a park that doesn't have a fireworks show HS/AK (something that will keep us late when we want to do early entry the next morning) or to just take the boat to Disney springs. Get a look around, have a nice meal and go to bed early.

We have a red
What time does your day start out? We will be arriving around 1pm as well from Canada (Staying at POFQ) and doing the same thing. I'm debating going to a park that doesn't have a fireworks show HS/AK (something that will keep us late when we want to do early entry the next morning) or to just take the boat to Disney springs. Get a look around, have a nice meal and go to bed early.
Two of us have a redeye from Vancouver, but both sleep pretty well on the plane. The third will spend the night in Toronto, so she'll be in better shape. We'll meet in Toronto for a three hour layover, and then the flight from Toronto to Orlando - definitely a "travel" day, so no half-marathons for the evening!

Given that we're coming from the Pacific time zone, we might be better off staying late the first night and then sleeping in/no rope drop for the next morning (we arrive on a Thursday). So I was considering knocking off one of the evening shows - maybe Animal Kingdom - but haven't been since they started evenings at AK, so I don't know anything about the evening shows.

We are at the Dolphin for the last three nights of our stay, so HS and Epcot will be on the agenda for the last few nights - I'm leaning toward AK or MK...

Given that we're coming from the Pacific time zone, we might be better off staying late the first night and then sleeping in/no rope drop for the next morning (we arrive on a Thursday). So I was considering knocking off one of the evening shows - maybe Animal Kingdom - but haven't been since they started evenings at AK, so I don't know anything about the evening shows.
We are coming from Newfoundland, so that God Willing, will make the early mornings easier. As of right now (and I'm sure someone will correct me) I believe HS and AK don't have any evening shows return since the pandemic. I'm hoping they will return again before August but who knows.
I agree knocking one of the late night things would probably help for sure. I'm terribly scared of how many siestas I might need in the heat to be able to stay awake till the evening shows

We are coming from Newfoundland, so that God Willing, will make the early mornings easier. As of right now (and I'm sure someone will correct me) I believe HS and AK don't have any evening shows return since the pandemic. I'm hoping they will return again before August but who knows.
I agree knocking one of the late night things would probably help for sure. I'm terribly scared of how many siestas I might need in the heat to be able to stay awake till the evening shows
You'll be a bit better re: jet lag coming from NFLD! I'm thinking I'll exhaust myself on the travel day, have a late night, and kick into a new time zone (although I'm totally on board with your siesta plans!). I'm hoping to see the Tree of Life/River of Life light shows - sundown is 8 pm - but will have to wait for the schedule. Or we could make the trek to MK, try to knock off some of the attractions, and then Disney Enchantment/Fantasy in the Skies or whatever the fireworks du jour is.

I gather that the crowd calendars are not very useful right now, as we are in a new normal, but apparently all the Florida schools go back on August 10th, and we arrive on August 11th - hopefully that will make the crowds bearable.

I gather that the crowd calendars are not very useful right now, as we are in a new normal, but apparently all the Florida schools go back on August 10th, and we arrive on August 11th - hopefully that will make the crowds bearable.
Yeah I think the crowd calendars don't have a clue, hopefully the crowds are bearable, but the weather has me more worried. I'm not used to humidity. I feel I might have the better time zome to come from but you might win the better climate to help acclimate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter