*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

ive been looking for handheld misting fans on Amazon but they're all rechargeable. Don't they come with regular batteries? I don't want to deal with having to charge fans too (in addition to tablets, phones, computers etc.)

Hi, where do you find Frogg Toggs?
I see you already have info on where to find-but they can be cut as well-I got a couple of the larger sizes and cut right down middle (long ways) for my youngest so he didn't have as much "material" around him (he liked to hang around his neck and tuck ends down his shirt LOL)

And for storing at home- I used very very light bleach water and put away very slightly damp-they stiffen as they dry and won't go back into containers but I found the faint bleach water kept them from molding when put away damp. However while my pink, and green ones were fine with the bleach water -the blue faded to nearly white even with very little bleach. Wonder if vinegar would work?

I got in on the Amazon Prime Day action for my upcoming trip as well. I've been using a hand me down FitBit Flex from my mom for almost 3 years now and it was time to upgrade. I grabbed the FitBit Blaze for $140.

I need to figure out what kind of shorts to buy. I have'nt worn actual "shorts" in probably 15 years, I've always worn capris......but I've lost 50+ lbs. so I'm ok with wearing shorts now, although not short-shorts, probably like bermuda length. But normally I just wear denim or like khakis. Those seem so hot. what kind of knee length shorts are not so hot????

looking at the Frogg Togg towels on Amazon I see there is the regular size one (which is like 33" or something like that) and then they have one that is specifically for your neck or head (IDK the measurements). Am I correct that the neck/head one would be big enough for what we want? The towel one seems so big......I don't want to be walking around with a towel draped around my shoulders, plus having to carry them when not in use.

Dang...i was hoping SW would have lowered fares by now so I could switch our 7:30 a.m. flight home to a later flight...... but they h aven't budged. NOT looking forward to that 4:30 a.m. Magical Express pickup. :(

looking at the Frogg Togg towels on Amazon I see there is the regular size one (which is like 33" or something like that) and then they have one that is specifically for your neck or head (IDK the measurements). Am I correct that the neck/head one would be big enough for what we want? The towel one seems so big......I don't want to be walking around with a towel draped around my shoulders, plus having to carry them when not in use.

Pro Tip -- you can cut them in half and they still work. That's what we did. :)

Pro Tip -- you can cut them in half and they still work. That's what we did. :)
This 100%. I have a very narrow frame and a full size FT just felt like too much excess so I cut it in half length-wise and now I have 2 that are the perfect size for me and my DS10

ive been looking for handheld misting fans on Amazon but they're all rechargeable. Don't they come with regular batteries? I don't want to deal with having to charge fans too (in addition to tablets, phones, computers etc.)

We have the O2 cool. It runs on 2 AA batteries.

https://www.amazon.com/O2COOL-Delux...F8&qid=1499963532&sr=8-6&keywords=misting+fan

We usually have one that will mist and then each person carries a miniature fan on their lanyard that doesn't have water.

https://www.amazon.com/O2Cool-Pocke...8&qid=1499963603&sr=8-9&keywords=personal+fan

We have the O2 cool. It runs on 2 AA batteries.

https://www.amazon.com/O2COOL-Delux...F8&qid=1499963532&sr=8-6&keywords=misting+fan

We usually have one that will mist and then each person carries a miniature fan on their lanyard that doesn't have water.

https://www.amazon.com/O2Cool-Pocke...8&qid=1499963603&sr=8-9&keywords=personal+fan

thanks, I saw those. they seem so big (like the ones they sell in the parks). I was looking at these kind, but they are all rechargeable. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XYYFNRJ?psc=1

thanks, I saw those. they seem so big (like the ones they sell in the parks). I was looking at these kind, but they are all rechargeable. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XYYFNRJ?psc=1

We have the one they sell at the parks as well. Picked it up one trip when I left ours at home. It's a monster and I never could figure out how to get it to hang on my neck right.

I didn't have any trouble carrying the O2 Cool; but if you want something really small, this one uses 1 AA battery.

https://www.amazon.com/O2COOL-Carab...rd_wg=tHkcU&psc=1&refRID=E4MC911A0H3XMRRMK4QQ

Joining in. Late to the party I know. Was looking at going in November around Thanksgiving; but flights were crazy high of course and the more I thought about it, the less I wanted to drive.

I have also started looking for a new job; so I decided I wanted to get a vacation in before the children went back to school. Was trying to take off work a Thursday and Friday to make an extended weekend but Sunday afternoon flights were still more than I wanted to pay.

Just this morning, a voice in my head said, “Remember flights are cheaper on week days.” So I thought okay, request off a Friday, Monday and Tuesday and check. Low and behold, I found flights for $69 per person each way. Add in the “summer room” discount going now and there you have it.

We’re booked August 17th to August 22nd. Flying in Thursday evening and flying back home Tuesday evening. That gives us 4 ½ days in the parks. Not as much as we have had on previous trips; but better than waiting possibly another 2 years to return when it’s already been 3 years since we were there last.

A little nervous because I have never booked this close before. Prior to this the closest I had booked a trip was 3 months out. When I processed the booking this morning it said a whopping 35 days. Also never been in August (prior trips were in June) but I have friends that have done it twice and said it was manageable if you took frequent breaks in AC.

We’re booked at All-Star Sports right now which will be new to us.

We have the one they sell at the parks as well. Picked it up one trip when I left ours at home. It's a monster and I never could figure out how to get it to hang on my neck right.

I didn't have any trouble carrying the O2 Cool; but if you want something really small, this one uses 1 AA battery.

https://www.amazon.com/O2COOL-Carab...rd_wg=tHkcU&psc=1&refRID=E4MC911A0H3XMRRMK4QQ

Last trip we bought 2 of the kind they sell in the parks. They were large but cooled off nicely. When one stopped working, we walked up to a vendor, showed him our original receipt from a few days earlier, and he swapped it for a brand new one. Gotta love that!! We gave ours to another family on our way out of the parks on our last day. We didn't want to bring them home on the plane/in suitcases and it is always fun to add a little magic to someone else's day:wizard:

I didn't have any trouble carrying the O2 Cool; but if you want something really small, this one uses XMRRMK4QQ

I think I just got the 02 cool ones at Walmart! They're not as big as I imagined. I was thinking the size of the park ones which are huge. These aren't bad at all. I'm so excited. Also got my Frogg Toggs -2 mini ones (not sure if they're big enough for anything) and then one full size one to cut in half.

I am feeling much better about the heat now. I was getting really concerned about it. But, now I have my frogg toggs, my misting fans, some Hanes breathable mesh underwear and some moisture wicking bras.....now i just need some kind of shorts and some hats. ANyone recommendations??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter