"Official" 2023 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Yuletide Joy

Just hope you don't get unlucky enough to be there on a rainy day MVMCP. Character greeting, cancelled. Parade, cancelled. Stage show, cancelled. Fireworks, mostly hidden in a cloud of smoke. The good, wasn't very crowded but still felt very cheated. Nothing can be done about the weather but still, what a waste of $.

Just hope you don't get unlucky enough to be there on a rainy day MVMCP. Character greeting, cancelled. Parade, cancelled. Stage show, cancelled. Fireworks, mostly hidden in a cloud of smoke. The good, wasn't very crowded but still felt very cheated. Nothing can be done about the weather but still, what a waste of $.
If you attend a party with all these cancellations head over to guest relations. They will try to work with you on recovery.

I would be very sad about a night like last night. It was miserable for hours. We're in Orlando but not at the party. I did read elsewhere that Disney added a complimentary 1-day hopper park pass to everyone's MDE account. Also read that people who called to say they could not use a "free day" within the next year were given a refund. So you might look in your MDE and see and call if you didn't get it. Multiple people reported that they did so let us know! We go Wednesday and hoping for the best.

I would be very sad about a night like last night. It was miserable for hours. We're in Orlando but not at the party. I did read elsewhere that Disney added a complimentary 1-day hopper park pass to everyone's MDE account. Also read that people who called to say they could not use a "free day" within the next year were given a refund. So you might look in your MDE and see and call if you didn't get it. Multiple people reported that they did so let us know! We go Wednesday and hoping for the best.
We will be there Wednesday night, too! Hoping for good weather (or at least good enough)

I've seen numerous reports of people who did not have a day ticket or ap and were able to purchase ILL for Tron
I’ve read very recent posts about now being locked out of this option. There is an update to the mde app that has changed things. If you don’t have auto updates on, don’t update it and hope for the best.

We were there, too, and boy, was it a bummer. This was our first fall visit and first party, period. We ended up leaving about halfway through, when we just couldn't bear being wet anymore. Like you said, it wasn't Disney's fault, but what a way to finish up our trip!

To follow up, it does sound like that Disney did indeed reimburse everyone from Thursday's MVMCP with a one day park hopper ticket. Oddly they sent nothing out to let us know they had done that. Given that isn't all that useful given I have annual pass, guest services had no problem just reimbursing the cost of the MVMCP tickets. The CM said they had been doing a lot of that today. I give Disney credit for being so proactive with the credit/refunds.

Talk to me about lines for food…

How bad are they for a quick bite during party hours? I know there are a limited few open. I have a reservation for Kona at 1:30 (latest I could get) and will eat a big lunch but figure I’ll still need a little something by 7 or 8.

Trying to decide if I should keep a 7:40 Plaza reservation and just have a quick bowl of soup or a salad there. Bonus would be a glass of wine 🍷 ! I guess I’m thinking if lines are bad at the qs, plaza won’t take that much longer. 🤷‍♀️

Has anyone tried to get any of the party exclusive treats, and they were already sold out, and if so, which ones? Just trying to figure out how soon we need to get the treats highest on our list.

A bit off topic… do you know if any of the shows will be offered in the week of NYE’s?
I kind of remember seeing the Christmas parade with the soldiers on Dec 31st but might be wrong..

thanks!

I see allergy friendly cookies are available. My grandson is only allergic to nuts. Things made on the same line as things with nuts don’t bother him. We don’t think the sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies, or red velvet cookie would have nuts. Would cast members know? He loves gingerbread and sugar cookies, and we would like to know which ones he can eat.
Pretty sure they still serve Cheryl’s cookies I bet they would have the info on their website

Talk to me about lines for food…

How bad are they for a quick bite during party hours? I know there are a limited few open. I have a reservation for Kona at 1:30 (latest I could get) and will eat a big lunch but figure I’ll still need a little something by 7 or 8.

Trying to decide if I should keep a 7:40 Plaza reservation and just have a quick bowl of soup or a salad there. Bonus would be a glass of wine 🍷 ! I guess I’m thinking if lines are bad at the qs, plaza won’t take that much longer. 🤷‍♀️
Last year we have no problem getting QS. It was at cosmic rays 7pm ish.

I'm sorry if this has been asked, but does arriving about 5 lower the crowd to get in? We don't need to be there at 4, but we have a 5:55 at the Plaza. Planning on a 5 pm entrance and just milling until our ADR. I wasn't sure if it would still be crazy busy.

A bit off topic… do you know if any of the shows will be offered in the week of NYE’s?
I kind of remember seeing the Christmas parade with the soldiers on Dec 31st but might be wrong..

thanks!
Last year we were there Dec 27-Jan 2 and saw Minnie’s Christmas fireworks and the Christmas parade on a regular MK day (we did not go to MK NYE though)

I feel your pain, we were there on Tuesdaybut the rain was much WORSE Thursday night, just torrential at times. Such a disappointment. Glad to be going home to dry out 🤣

Hi, annual passholder here who is FINALLY attending MVMCP next week for the first time in fifteen years! I'm seeing all the party exclusive merchandise (please don't make me say merch), and I was wondering if AP's get the 20% discount at Emporium on MVMCP products. Google was absolutely no help and I'd love to get one of those mugs! Thanks for any and all help!

I'm sorry if this has been asked, but does arriving about 5 lower the crowd to get in? We don't need to be there at 4, but we have a 5:55 at the Plaza. Planning on a 5 pm entrance and just milling until our ADR. I wasn't sure if it would still be crazy busy.
We arrived around 5pm for Friday's party and the line to get in was super short. Maybe 4 families in front of us at the tapstiles.

Hi, annual passholder here who is FINALLY attending MVMCP next week for the first time in fifteen years! I'm seeing all the party exclusive merchandise (please don't make me say merch), and I was wondering if AP's get the 20% discount at Emporium on MVMCP products. Google was absolutely no help and I'd love to get one of those mugs! Thanks for any and all help!
Yes passholder discount should apply on party items

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter