• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

Star Wars Rival Run Weekend:
Runners registered for the 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend at Walt Disney World Resort will receive a refund back to their original form of payment for the following:

Race registration (Half Marathon, 10k, 5k, Rival Run Challenge)
Commemorative merchandise
ChEAR Squad
Processing fee
Guests who’ve already received a partial refund will receive their remaining balance to a Disney gift card.

Refund Timing:
Refunds from runDisney can be expected to be processed in four to six weeks. If you haven’t received your refund after six weeks, please visit the “contact us” section on runDisney.com.

Interesting bit at the end

On-sale dates:
On-sale dates for future runDisney races will be adjusted, and we will have more information to share soon.

No mention of how the Kessel Run participants will be handled. I’m sure we’ll be compensated equitably, just a curious omission. Very surprised at the full cash refund, too. Now let the flight and resort reservation cancellation dance begin.

No mention of how the Kessel Run participants will be handled. I’m sure we’ll be compensated equitably, just a curious omission. Very surprised at the full cash refund, too. Now let the flight and resort reservation cancellation dance begin.

I was wondering that one too about Kessel.

Interesting bit at the end

On-sale dates:
On-sale dates for future runDisney races will be adjusted, and we will have more information to share soon.

Yeah that part got me too. That was enough for me to just straight cancel my reservation and not move it to january. I'm going to wait for the "more information to share" before I book anything for a race.

I'm both disappointed and relieved--the weather has not cooperated with my training, so I was honestly dreading that 10K. Now I have more time to work toward that.

We were hoping for a postponement rather than a cancelation, but I am happy the announcement has been made early enough for us to make alternate plans. We'll just set the refund money (for entry fees and hotel deposits) aside for the future. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter