Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

I think we get info at the 30 day mark. RunDisney went above and beyond their obligations for the cancelled half in 2017. I have no reason to believe they won’t do the same here.

Yeah I'm right at the point where I need the pay the balance on my package (Tue is my due date) and debating what to do. I'll probably go on and pay because I expect even if they re-open the parks on april 1 I doubt they are going to charge cancellation fees for people who decide not to go but they could.

So I hope they give an announcement before people hit that 30 days mark but honestly I'm not expecting anything before april.

I'm singed up for a 10 miler in Philly the first weekend in May, they gave a statement saying that they are still planning on holding the race and the stock message that they are continuing to monitor the situation. It would be nice for runDisney to do something similar.

I told my family this after seeing this last night especially as I don’t drive due to previous mentioned anxiety and walk 1.5 miles to work, do a lot more walking on the job, and am planning to start training for my first half in the fall this is scaring me I was simply told don’t believe everything you read now wash your hands

Yeah I'm right at the point where I need the pay the balance on my package (Tue is my due date) and debating what to do. I'll probably go on and pay because I expect even if they re-open the parks on april 1 I doubt they are going to charge cancellation fees for people who decide not to go but they could.

So I hope they give an announcement before people hit that 30 days mark but honestly I'm not expecting anything before april.
I think they already announced that the 30 day cancellation policy has been waived for all reservations through June 30, 2020.

Disney just cancelled the college program completely and everybody has to be out of housing by the 18th.

That is likely not a move you make if you really think parks are going to be open on April 1. I think this makes chances of the race look even more bleak.
No way this race isn’t cancelled. They’re just trying to figure out if they can reschedule it or not.

There’s a rumor on another message board site that the parks will most likely be closed through 4/20. I think this race will not be happening.

There’s a rumor on another message board site that the parks will most likely be closed through 4/20. I think this race will not be happening.
I’d say at least an extension till after Easter as that’s how long DCL is suspended for now
Though FWIW China parks will of been closed 2 months and Tokyo for a full month by the start of April

A part of me also wonders from a marketing standpoint if they will hold off and grand reopen all resorts fully at once or stagger things

all I know it’s probably going to get worse before it gets better and there are people suspecting another corona strain or a resurgence of this one will come back STRONGER next flu season

Last edited:
I’d say at least an extension till after Easter as that’s how long DCL is suspended for now
Though FWIW China parks will of been closed 2 months and Tokyo for a full month by the start of April

A part of me also wonders from a marketing standpoint if they will hold off and grand reopen all resorts fully at once or stagger things

all I know it’s probably going to get worse before it gets better and there are people suspecting another corona strain or a resurgence of this one will come back STRONGER next flu season

I agree they will probably be closed for a while and this race will probably be cancelled but important to remember when comparing to the Asia parks, those are run by the government of China and the Oriental land company.

Last edited:

Well one thing I suggested in another thread about just WDW was that if they expect low traffic when they reopen and probably low staff (no CP, etc) that could they maybe stagger when they open up the 4 parks. Maybe start with MK and HS, see how things go and then put dates in for AK and epcot.

I think epcot will stay closed longer if the keep construction work going they could do a lot more with the park closed

Agreed and while disney didn't want to close epcot for construction they have closed it now so it would be legitimate to ask "if we keep it closed x weeks longer what could we get done and how many construction boards could we have removed when we open?"

Disney College Program ending early seems like another sign that this isn’t going to be just two weeks and back to normal. I wish runDisney would post something! Even saying when they will reassess would be nice.
I agree. Even some insipid boilerplate language would be SOMETHING!
So, uh... remember the dumpster fire of Run Disney communication regarding the 2018 Star Wars Light Side weekend? They led us on for something like 6 months after people registered early.

So, uh... remember the dumpster fire of Run Disney communication regarding the 2018 Star Wars Light Side weekend? They led us on for something like 6 months after people registered early.

Luckily I never registered for it (since general registration never opened) but yeah that was a mess. They knew for a while the race wasn't happening because no planning, etc had been done so there literally wasn't time left to plan a race by the time it got officially cancelled.

That is also what I'm wondering here. Are the people at trackshack, etc. still actively planning, lining up volunteers, on-course entertainment, etc. If that is on hold until end of the month when they find out if parks will even be open then would they be enough time to put everything together?

rundisney normally does right by people in the end but there are times their communication could be a lot better.

Dang, I forgot about that. Good call.

rundisney normally does right by people in the end but there are times their communication could be a lot better.

This is the understatement of the decade, and we're only a few months in! 🤪

I really wish they'd just make an announcement now if the race is truly canceled and the parks will be closed.

I'm almost 31 days out from my DVC reservation and would like to avoid wasting multiple hours of my life on the phone getting the points to be moved out of holding...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter