"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be our first MVMCP, planning to go 11/15!! Buying our tix this weekend- YAY! I am looking most forward to the snack details, food is where my heart is! I've read several very helpful blogs on past party logistics on times we can get in MK, etc. but was curious if anyone had first hand experience of whether or not it's worth it to show up early at 4pm to get a head start on rides/wait times. It will be a Thursday night party. I've read some blogs that say arriving early is nice for lower wait times. Wondering if that's really true or just better to ride everything we want to during the party.

Arrive at 4pm!

Is there a way to reserve parade viewing during mvmcp? If not how long in advance would we need to find a spot on Main Street to have a front row view of parade with the castle in background?

This is our first trip to Disney so looking to get the best view we can.

Thanks

I'm super excited I just bought a t-shirt for my sister and I that has a Mickey head in a giant glitter snow flake. (one of those suggested limited edition ads on FB couldn't resist it since I've been in the Christmas mood since I came home from the Halloween party lol)
I wasn't sure if I should go with red and green or our favorite colors. The shades of blue and purple were absolutely amazing so I went with it. We may wear them to the party and I don't care that they aren't Christmas colors lol.

Pictures please!

Is there a way to reserve parade viewing during mvmcp? If not how long in advance would we need to find a spot on Main Street to have a front row view of parade with the castle in background?

This is our first trip to Disney so looking to get the best view we can.

Thanks
Unfortunately no reserved parade viewing available.

The answer to your second question depends on when you’re going and which parade? If the first parade, pretty much any night, you’re looking at a 90 minute wait for a front row spot on Main Street. For the second parade, on a non sold out night, you could cut that back to 30-45 minutes. In front of the train station fills up slower, but if you’re attending after the tree goes up, your view of the castle will be blocked by the tree. If you attend before the tree goes up, you could grab a spot here likely 45 minutes prior to the first parade and 20 minutes prior to the second.

Are we crazy to do a party on arrival day? Our flight lands at MCO at 2PM on Thur 11/29, which means we will need to leave our house about 7AM. We are renting a car and staying off property at Marriott Grande Villas. It is just DH and me.

Are we crazy to do a party on arrival day? Our flight lands at MCO at 2PM on Thur 11/29, which means we will need to leave our house about 7AM. We are renting a car and staying off property at Marriott Grande Villas. It is just DH and me.
I once had a flight at 6:30am so up since 3:45am ans once we arrived we went to DS and then to MVMCP so if you're crazy I'm right there with you lol.

I come in that day too. You might be more "fresh" that day than you would be after walking the parks several days

Just 2 of us, and we are driving in from Atlanta on the day we do our party. Probably arrive around 4:00 because we have to board the dogs before we leave. Super excited for the party - which is the last one before Thanksgiving week.

Not at all! On our last trip we landed at MCO around lunch and did not even bother checking in. We dropped off our bags with the front desk and went straight to MK.

Just 2 of us, and we are driving in from Atlanta on the day we do our party. Probably arrive around 4:00 because we have to board the dogs before we leave. Super excited for the party - which is the last one before Thanksgiving week.

Going on 11/16?

What do people usually wear to the party? We've never gone before so not quite sure what to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter