• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

wait, so are ADRs open now for the Halloween party? I'm trying to get BOG dinner for 10/14. I called the dining reservation number and they said that Crystal Palace IS open for ADRs on party nights, but BOG and CRT are not (not yet).
I actually got ADRs for BOG on 9/11 over a month ago. I cancelled it when CRT opened up and I got an ADR for there.

So for some reason I didn't realize "same day" purchase of tickets was $10 more each ticket. I have 2 possible dates during our trip, and I wanted to wait to see weather before buying the tickets. How much in advance is "advance purchase"? We are arriving 8/30 at 11:30 PM. If weather looks good for 8/31, I want to attend that party. Can I just buy the tickets online 8/30 and get the advance purchase price? Also, obviously then we won't have a "hard ticket." Do we need to pick one up at guest services or can will it just show up in our MDE so we can just use our magic bands to check in and get wristbands?

Question...well, three.

1) I have my email and it says I need to exchange that at a WDW Ticket location. Can I do that at my resort where people could buy tickets? Or at say Animal Kingdom on my first park day? Or do I need to do it at a ticket window at Magic Kingdom?

2) What do adults who want to be in costumes for the party but don't plan on leaving the park for a break do with their costumes? Bring them in a bag and rent a locker then change once they get their wristband? We'd been planning brunch at BOATHOUSE, and a later park entry, but maybe we'd be better off doing Skipper Canteen or something in the park. (Of course, if she drives and we just meet at MK, we *could* do the break thing and change...hmm...)

3) I'm allergic to peanuts and I'm gluten-free. So I can get the allergy treat bag, right? How do those work?

Thanks!

Looks like they just posted the dinner reservations for the party night. I just got my TP reservation finder alert. We got an ADR for 5pm at CP. Are they still letting people with party tickets in at 4 like they did in the past?
Where did they post this info? And where do you get the reservation finder alert? Thanks so much!

1) I have my email and it says I need to exchange that at a WDW Ticket location. Can I do that at my resort where people could buy tickets? Or at say Animal Kingdom on my first park day? Or do I need to do it at a ticket window at Magic Kingdom?
You should be able to do it at the resort ticket desk. I don't know about ticket desks at other parks, since the party is MK-specific.

2) What do adults who want to be in costumes for the party but don't plan on leaving the park for a break do with their costumes? Bring them in a bag and rent a locker then change once they get their wristband?
It's what you're most comfortable with, really, and how involved your costumes are. Some people keep their costume in their own trick or treat bag and change in the park. But you will have to carry your day clothes with you or stash them somewhere safe. It might be nice to have the option of changing back if the weather changes.
Personally, we'll be in AK the morning of our party, and our Disneybounding needs hair styling, so we will be taking as much of a break as we can at our resort.

3) I'm allergic to peanuts and I'm gluten-free. So I can get the allergy treat bag, right? How do those work?
All of this is described on the front pages, but the simple breakdown is: get the teal trick or treat bag with your party wristband, collect tokens at the candy stops, turn in tokens at the allergy-free locations in Liberty Square or Main Street for allergen-free treats.

You should be able to do it at the resort ticket desk. I don't know about ticket desks at other parks, since the party is MK-specific.

It's what you're most comfortable with, really, and how involved your costumes are. Some people keep their costume in their own trick or treat bag and change in the park. But you will have to carry your day clothes with you or stash them somewhere safe. It might be nice to have the option of changing back if the weather changes.
Personally, we'll be in AK the morning of our party, and our Disneybounding needs hair styling, so we will be taking as much of a break as we can at our resort.

All of this is described on the front pages, but the simple breakdown is: get the teal trick or treat bag with your party wristband, collect tokens at the candy stops, turn in tokens at the allergy-free locations in Liberty Square or Main Street for allergen-free treats.

Thank you!

Question...well, three.

!

If your email has a confirmation number to link the ticket to your MDE account then you don't need to stop at a Guest service.

Is the first party of the season 8/17 going to be jam packed with bloggers? It is the only one we can do with our trip dates. We have been 3 other times so I am leaning towards no party this August. The problem is I LOVE IT!! BOO to YOU is my all time favorite parade out there. Any advice from 1st date party goers would be appreciated. We did a Tuesday night at the end of August last year and it was so awesome, low crowds and great weather.

We did the 1st party last year and then a 2nd party a little bit later in our trip. I did not notice any significant difference in crowd or experience between the two so I say go for it and enjoy!

wait, so are ADRs open now for the Halloween party? I'm trying to get BOG dinner for 10/14. I called the dining reservation number and they said that Crystal Palace IS open for ADRs on party nights, but BOG and CRT are not (not yet).

Depending on what time you're looking for. I had a 5:30 BOG booked several weeks ago for one of my August party nights that I cancelled and replaced with CP when it opened up last week. Times are only until 6:00 though, so technically not during the party but at least past the 2:30 that was the latest originally available. I still have not seen anything open up under the MNSSHP dining link yet and those should go beyond 6:00.

We just returned home from our trip...where we bought our first AP!! :yay: We’re planning a couple trips, with MNSSHP as one of them. Our family is big on the rides, but I have to admit that I’m more than a little interested in standing in line to meet the 7D’s. Looking for some feedback in whether the time commitment is worth it! Let me know your thoughts!!!

We just returned home from our trip...where we bought our first AP!! :yay: We’re planning a couple trips, with MNSSHP as one of them. Our family is big on the rides, but I have to admit that I’m more than a little interested in standing in line to meet the 7D’s. Looking for some feedback in whether the time commitment is worth it! Let me know your thoughts!!!

7 Dwarfs have always been a favourite of mine and I wasn't going to bother meeting them when we went to our first party because I was not interested in such a long line. So at about 11:15 I just walked by so I could see them and get a few photos and noticed the line wasn't that long. I asked the CM and they said 40 minutes, we waited closer to 30 and were done and able to get to SM just before midnight for our final ride. I definitely think it was worth it, but I would not line up at 5:00 for an hour or two for it. Leave it for last thing and you'll have a much shorter wait.

I’m also waiting for BOG to open in October and have been nothing yet.

Anyone here have a pre-party October BOG yet?

I think it's worth it if you wait before the party starts.

The seven dwarves usually start to meet before the party officially starts at 7. So line up around 4 and you'll meet them before the party even starts. That way, you've met seven party exclusive characters and spent no party time.

OMG... My phone tried to auto correct dwarves to detainees. So just imagine lining up to meet the seven detainees...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter