"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked my ticket numbers for 3/8, bought a couple of weeks ago for DH and I. They are #73 and 74. I then checked my sister's tickets, bought the same day for 3/8 for herself and her DH. Hers are 73 and 74 also...

:) Hard to know if that's a ticket number I guess! My ticket for 2/15 says WDW: 007 10/22/2017 101. So I wonder if it is ticket #7 or #101? Or either?

This is a hard ticket, not an email.

Last edited:
Super excited for our DAH on Thursday! :mickeyjum DS and I fly out tomorrow night. We don’t have a park ticket for Thursday. Our plan is to head over to WL to have an early dinner at Geyser Point (I’m looking forward to trying this out!). Then, we’ll head to the gate; our goal is to be there no later than 6:00. At this point, I think it would be fruitless to go much earlier. Plus, we will need to eat. :P

Super excited for our DAH on Thursday! :mickeyjum DS and I fly out tomorrow night. We don’t have a park ticket for Thursday. Our plan is to head over to WL to have an early dinner at Geyser Point (I’m looking forward to trying this out!). Then, we’ll head to the gate; our goal is to be there no later than 6:00. At this point, I think it would be fruitless to go much earlier. Plus, we will need to eat. :P
What time is your dinner at? Ours is at 5:10 but I don’t want to show up to dah too late.

I’m really excited! The parks have been busy all week (AK yesterday morning was a madhouse) so I’m really looking forward to DAH :) I’m resolutely ignoring all attractions in MK (with exception of things like SoMTK and Enchanted Tiki Room) until Thursday night...

What time is your dinner at? Ours is at 5:10 but I don’t want to show up to dah too late.

This restaurant doesn’t take ADRs, so we can be flexible. I’m thinking we’ll aim to get there 4:30 - 5:00...maybe closer to 4:30. We’re going to Boma for a later breakfast, so we’ll “skip” lunch and have an early dinner.

All right Thursday 2/8 DISers.... your day is two days away! :yay::yay::yay:

A couple of random observations:
  • This is the last of the 8pm-11pm DAH nights
  • Currently the second lowest DIS guest list count of any night (not that that means anything since we’re not an accurate sample set, it’s just interesting to me)
  • Weather is looking pretty good - forecast temp of 66 at 8pm with a low chance of rain
  • Currently not sold out yet, as of this AM (2/6, 8AM)
Have fun folks, I hope everyone has a GREAT night! :cool1:

Roll call!

Thursday, February 8 (8PM-11PM)
@coasternut22
@jaybee1026
@kerreyn
@lizabu
@DisneyGuy
@fstone
@MommaBerd
@hereforthechurros
@Brandilla
@kellyarms20
@April P
@erinscreen
@GMatisse
@Arubaflower
@fitgirlFL
@sky13
Our flight takes off in 22 hours, not that I’m watching every second ;) We are staying at CCVWL and plan to hit up trader Sam’s pre-event. We are going to try and head over closer to 5:00 pm and see if we can get in using our hard tickets. I’ll check in if it works so others in the area can take advantage too! Will provide a write up after the fact for sure :) So excited and cannot thank everyone here enough for all the great information they’ve provided!

Our flight takes off in 22 hours, not that I’m watching every second ;) We are staying at CCVWL and plan to hit up trader Sam’s pre-event. We are going to try and head over closer to 5:00 pm and see if we can get in using our hard tickets. I’ll check in if it works so others in the area can take advantage too! Will provide a write up after the fact for sure :) So excited and cannot thank everyone here enough for all the great information they’ve provided!
That would be great if you could do that! We probably won’t do dinner if we can get in as early as 5.

My husband and I are going 3/1 and our tickets say 439-440. They were purchased on 1/5/18. I usually plan our Disney trips very meticulously but don't really know how to plan for DAH as far as the order of rides, snacks, etc. Would most people say that the best plan is just to know which rides you want to hit, how may times each, and then move in order of lands to eliminate wasting too much time walking back and forth between lands? I also saw some posts recommending doing 7DMT toward the end of the night vs the beginning. From those who have been or have already planned their night, does that sound about right? Since our night is a 9-12 night, I definitely think that by getting in around 6pm and staying to 12 we shouldn't have any trouble doing any- and everything we want to do. I just hope the Disney adrenaline can keep us going that long! We will have worked M-W and then are getting up early and driving ~7 hours to Orlando Thursday morning (our DAH day) and hopefully make it in time to check in at POFQ, early dinner at Ohana at 4:10, then off to DAH until midnight! Going to be a long day but I'm determined not to let us squander this once in a lifetime opportunity so I'm planning to load up on as much caffeine as we need to make it through!

My husband and I are going 3/1 and our tickets say 439-440. They were purchased on 1/5/18. I usually plan our Disney trips very meticulously but don't really know how to plan for DAH as far as the order of rides, snacks, etc. Would most people say that the best plan is just to know which rides you want to hit, how may times each, and then move in order of lands to eliminate wasting too much time walking back and forth between lands? I also saw some posts recommending doing 7DMT toward the end of the night vs the beginning. From those who have been or have already planned their night, does that sound about right? Since our night is a 9-12 night, I definitely think that by getting in around 6pm and staying to 12 we shouldn't have any trouble doing any- and everything we want to do. I just hope the Disney adrenaline can keep us going that long! We will have worked M-W and then are getting up early and driving ~7 hours to Orlando Thursday morning (our DAH day) and hopefully make it in time to check in at POFQ, early dinner at Ohana at 4:10, then off to DAH until midnight! Going to be a long day but I'm determined not to let us squander this once in a lifetime opportunity so I'm planning to load up on as much caffeine as we need to make it through!
I think knowing what you want to ride and how many times should definitely help. I also think that if you want to get a snack to wait until you see an empty cart. It sounds like there are quite a few carts around so there isn't a need to wait in a long line. We are going the same day as you and our plan is start at BTMR (when the fireworks go off). We have FPs for Jungle Cruise, Splash, and Haunted Mansion before 9 pm so we will try to use those if we get there in time. After Frontierland we will either go to HM again or go to Tomorrowland, and finish in Fantasyland.

I mostly have decided which rides we WON'T be doing during DAH because of length or ease of riding them on our other MK day. We plan on not doing quite a few of the attractions and probably won't be doing the character meets unless our DN decides she wants to.

Here now! Didn't go into the parks today, but the resort is pretty busy- busier than it was last year when I was here (a week earlier). Seems the crazy busy-ness is continuing right on into Feb, based on other people's reports, so I am really glad that we booked DAH for Thursday night!

Every day I'm here I'm glad I've booked DAH for Thursday! It's been really crowded and to be honest doesn't feel too far different from the week after Easter I did in 2015 (difference then was that the parks opened earlier and closed later so I got more done at rope drop and late night closing then).

Every day I'm here I'm glad I've booked DAH for Thursday! It's been really crowded and to be honest doesn't feel too far different from the week after Easter I did in 2015 (difference then was that the parks opened earlier and closed later so I got more done at rope drop and late night closing then).

I’m with both of you. Was here last year the previous week and this year is much more crowded. Will be going to DAH tomorrow night. Have a 5:50 reservation at Skipper Canteen. I’m going to try to go to the Liberty Square ticket office to pick up my lanyard instead of going to the front of the park. We watched HEA last night and it was crazy busy. Would not want to wade through that madness at 7pm again. I’ll report back if I can pick up my lanyard inside the park. I’m really looking forward to riding BTM during the fireworks. Glad the chance of rain decreased. So excited!!!

Little bummed about the weather forecast for the next couple of days; I was hoping for a bit of sunshine and I’m crossing my fingers for no rain! However, I *am* thankful for the mild to warm temps. Watching the FL forecast is a ride in itself!

DS11 is very excited! Yesterday he pulled out his Kids’ Guide to the Magic book (which I highly recommend) from 2016 and started looking through all the MK attractions and telling me little facts about them. So cute! Also, I’ve been pleasantly surprised that DS10 hasn’t been jealous! :confused3 He likes WDW a lot, but I guess he’s old enough to understand that he got other Christmas presents and this is DS11’s. Whatever the reason, I’m thankful!!!

Oh - and we *are* able to visit DH’s grandma after all! She still isn’t doing very well, but she’s back at her little assisted living place. I think all the blood pressure meds are affecting her mental faculties...and her age may have caught up with her. The kids are happy we’re going to see her - and are thankful that we can - but are also sad knowing that this will, in all likelihood, be the last time.

I will be reporting in as much as possible this evening!

Any chance dates will be added later in the year? We have a trip planned in July and this would be the icing on the cake lol

It's doubtful..they've never extended it before:( Initially, I think the idea was to offer this event during the "slower" season with the earlier close times. Still, hoping they do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter