"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a DAH night in June. I had originally scheduled fast passes for it as that was going to be where we ate dinner and did a few things before the party started. We were going to go around 4 or so with just a regular ticket. I have since changed my mind and am going to go to Epcot for lunch and a walk around then back to the hotel for rest before heading to MK around 7. I made my fast passes at MK. Is it going to cause a problem when we use our regular ticket at Epcot (no fast passes) but keep the fast passes for our DAH entry that night?
No you should be okay. Just make sure you go through the Event Entrance when you get to MK for DAH.

From what many people of said though, don’t be surprised if the fast passes don’t work for dah… Some people have luck and some people don’t From what I’ve seen on many threads
I haven't read any reports of the FPs not working for DAH. Some of us weren't able to use the FP line before DAH started (that's the line you use during DAH).

I haven't read any reports of the FPs not working for DAH. Some of us weren't able to use the FP line before DAH started (that's the line you use during DAH).
Haley R, where you able to use your hard tickets before 6 earlier this year? I think I remember something happened with your FP for another day ( I know that's the risk you take if you don't go through the event line) but I'm wondering if that would work if your only ticket for the trip had been for DAH and only FPs had been chosen for that day...

Haley R, where you able to use your hard tickets before 6 earlier this year? I think I remember something happened with your FP for another day ( I know that's the risk you take if you don't go through the event line) but I'm wondering if that would work if your only ticket for the trip had been for DAH and only FPs had been chosen for that day...
I was able to, but it took one day off of our other park tickets. I'm pretty sure it would have been fine if DAH was our only ticket. I will say that we were able to get in earlier than everyone else because it took one of our tickets. I had to explain to our CM at Pop why we "checked in" for DAH twice, though so if we would have shown up any earlier than 5:30 like we did it may have looked suspicious.

I was able to, but it took one day off of our other park tickets. I'm pretty sure it would have been fine if DAH was our only ticket. I will say that we were able to get in earlier than everyone else because it took one of our tickets. I had to explain to our CM at Pop why we "checked in" for DAH twice, though so if we would have shown up any earlier than 5:30 like we did it may have looked suspicious.
That makes sense..hoping they let everyone in at 6:00 this time again :)

So I have a weirdish situation as far as this goes, and you guys might not know the answer, but it's worth a shot.

I originally booked a package Sunday-Saturday. Shortly after I booked, for various reasons (not DAH), we decided we wanted to arrive Saturday instead, but not add any tickets. Because of the deal we were using for our package (free dining), there wasn't any availability to just add the day on, so we have a separate, room only reservation for just one night (Saturday). I just got lucky and they happened to offer DAH this day, so that is the day we're going.

So, at the 60-day mark, am I going to be able to book all my FPs or just 3, then the rest the following day? If it's just 3, can I book for any park on any day of my trip, or will I have to book for the date of my DAH tickets only?
So I wanted to report back on this. Today was 60 days for my DAH ticket and resort-only reservation, one day before I would have been able to book FPs if I hadn't added DAH. Sure enough, I was able to book for my entire trip!!!!! No need to book two times, MDE combined my DAH ticket with the rest of my trip and let me book everything today. I was able to get everything I wanted at my preferred times. Needless to say, I am very happy! Now I just need to fast forward through the next 2 months and get to Disney!!!!!!!

My FP booking experience

10 day park hopper
DAH tickets 8/4 and 8/11

I booked my 10 days first

Then I booked 8/4 and 8/11

Then I called tech line because I wanted to make sure the last two days of my FP 8/16-17 wouldn’t be deleted and also because I was suddenly locked out of my account

1. The lockedd account was not related. System is having issues right now according to Agent
2. All of my fast passes are present
3. I explained my concern — that I wanted to make sure the DAH fp were allowed and wouldn’t effect my other fp. I was on hold while she checked with supervisor I was told if I moved my fp to starting at 7pm the time of stated entry for the event, the fp would be fine and not trigger a warning notice about having too many
4 since the system is still locking me out I haven’t managed to move them yet

This is frustrating because I haven’t heard this answer from anyone else. After I make the changes I’m going to call again and see what the next agent says.

If you only have a DAH ticket, can you make FPs on it for that day? I have not been able to with mine, even when inside valid FP booking window.

ETA: not due to short-term MDE glitch; I've been trying for days.

Last edited:
My FP booking experience

10 day park hopper
DAH tickets 8/4 and 8/11

I booked my 10 days first

Then I booked 8/4 and 8/11

Then I called tech line because I wanted to make sure the last two days of my FP 8/16-17 wouldn’t be deleted and also because I was suddenly locked out of my account

1. The lockedd account was not related. System is having issues right now according to Agent
2. All of my fast passes are present
3. I explained my concern — that I wanted to make sure the DAH fp were allowed and wouldn’t effect my other fp. I was on hold while she checked with supervisor I was told if I moved my fp to starting at 7pm the time of stated entry for the event, the fp would be fine and not trigger a warning notice about having too many
4 since the system is still locking me out I haven’t managed to move them yet

This is frustrating because I haven’t heard this answer from anyone else. After I make the changes I’m going to call again and see what the next agent says.
I'm wondering if MDE is just having technical difficulties right now. I just tried to login and it's telling me my password is incorrect, which it isn't.

I'm wondering if MDE is just having technical difficulties right now. I just tried to login and it's telling me my password is incorrect, which it isn't.
Yes that’s the error I got and the agent said to check account later

If you only have a DAH ticket, can you make FPs on it for that day? I have not been able to with mine, even when inside valid FP booking window.
You can, yes. If you have an onsite resort reservation, you can do it 60 days out. Otherwise, it's 30 days out. Just make sure your DAH ticket is linked to your MDE account.

I initially linked my DAH tickets to a person in my account who had no other tickets and no resort reservation (a phantom in my account). I could not book FP when I did that. Only when I assigned the tickets to the people showing on the 13 night reservation starting 8/4 with 10 day ticket did it allow me to book

I initially linked my DAH tickets to a person in my account who had no other tickets and no resort reservation (a phantom in my account). I could not book FP when I did that. Only when I assigned the tickets to the people showing on the 13 night reservation starting 8/4 with 10 day ticket did it allow me to book
Gotcha. My situation exactly. They must not be allowing "umbrella" of FP-window eligibility, just like they no longer do with the holiday parties. Thanks.

So I wanted to report back on this. Today was 60 days for my DAH ticket and resort-only reservation, one day before I would have been able to book FPs if I hadn't added DAH. Sure enough, I was able to book for my entire trip!!!!! No need to book two times, MDE combined my DAH ticket with the rest of my trip and let me book everything today. I was able to get everything I wanted at my preferred times. Needless to say, I am very happy! Now I just need to fast forward through the next 2 months and get to Disney!!!!!!!

What time did you book your DAH FP?

If I hold out to buy tickets till the day of the event do you still get a pass holder discount? Anyone know the exact price? I'm having a hard time making a decision on going or not. We went the last 2 Febuauarys so I know how awesome this is. My problem is the party is our arrival day and we have a 6:40 AM flight so that means we have to get up before the butt crack of dawn we also have a 4:05 reservation at ohana. The rest of this day after arrival is supposed to be spent at MK with her friends. This is a trip for dance my kid will be dancing in a parade at the magic kingdom! The party goes till 1am and the next day my daughter has to be at a bus stop for noon to get picked up for a 2 hour parade practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter