"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contemplating doing this on Aug 30. It seems to be the worst time to do it as its the only night that fireworks begin at the same time as the 3 hour event begins. Will that slow us down?

A few questions:

Has anyone been able to hit EVERY attraction during the 3 hours? Would be a fun goal I think.

Are the concession lines long?

Contemplating doing this on Aug 30. It seems to be the worst time to do it as its the only night that fireworks begin at the same time as the 3 hour event begins. Will that slow us down?

A few questions:

Has anyone been able to hit EVERY attraction during the 3 hours? Would be a fun goal I think.

Are the concession lines long?
The only attractions we missed were ones we had a FP for before dah started. We did the character meets and almost every single ride. There were maybe two or three we didn’t do (Mickey meet and greet, tiki room, Ariel meet and greet).

Try to hit a concession stand with more than one cm working. We went to the one in Tomorrowland by space and there were 3 cms working. It was so efficient. Also, if the line looks long just skip it because there are plenty of snack carts.

The only attractions we missed were ones we had a FP for before dah started. We did the character meets and almost every single ride. There were maybe two or three we didn’t do (Mickey meet and greet, tiki room, Ariel meet and greet).

Try to hit a concession stand with more than one cm working. We went to the one in Tomorrowland by space and there were 3 cms working. It was so efficient. Also, if the line looks long just skip it because there are plenty of snack carts.
How do you get a FP for the time before DAH starts?

How do you get a FP for the time before DAH starts?
It should let you make them if you have your tickets linked. Are you staying on property? If so, it’s just the normal 60 days from your check in date.

We made our FPs for 5:30,6:30, and 7:30 because they let us in close to 6 pm. We got FPs for jungle cruise, splash mountain, and haunted mansion since they are longer rides. We didn’t want them taking up our valuable dah time.

It should let you make them if you have your tickets linked. Are you staying on property? If so, it’s just the normal 60 days from your check in date.

We made our FPs for 5:30,6:30, and 7:30 because they let us in close to 6 pm. We got FPs for jungle cruise, splash mountain, and haunted mansion since they are longer rides. We didn’t want them taking up our valuable dah time.
smart move on the longer rides....wont the FP minions stop me from booking my 10th FP day after DAH if they see 10 days already?
also, Can I book FP for Halloween party also? (after 4pm of course)

smart move on the longer rides....wont the FP minions stop me from booking my 10th FP day after DAH if they see 10 days already?
also, Can I book FP for Halloween party also? (after 4pm of course)
I'm not sure about the 10 days because the most we have ever gotten is a 3-day PH. I feel like the only thing you can do is try it and see if it lets you book for DAH after you book FPs for the other 10 days. It may or may not work. You should be able to book FPs for MNSSHP, too.

Hold on. Am I reading this to mean that even if you don't have regular park tickets, just DAH, that you can book FPs as well???

Hold on. Am I reading this to mean that even if you don't have regular park tickets, just DAH, that you can book FPs as well???

Yep, we just have DAH tickets with an overnight stay onsite and booked 3 FP at 60 days

Yep, we just have DAH tickets with an overnight stay onsite and booked 3 FP at 60 days
So I have a weirdish situation as far as this goes, and you guys might not know the answer, but it's worth a shot.

I originally booked a package Sunday-Saturday. Shortly after I booked, for various reasons (not DAH), we decided we wanted to arrive Saturday instead, but not add any tickets. Because of the deal we were using for our package (free dining), there wasn't any availability to just add the day on, so we have a separate, room only reservation for just one night (Saturday). I just got lucky and they happened to offer DAH this day, so that is the day we're going.

So, at the 60-day mark, am I going to be able to book all my FPs or just 3, then the rest the following day? If it's just 3, can I book for any park on any day of my trip, or will I have to book for the date of my DAH tickets only?

So I have a weirdish situation as far as this goes, and you guys might not know the answer, but it's worth a shot.

I originally booked a package Sunday-Saturday. Shortly after I booked, for various reasons (not DAH), we decided we wanted to arrive Saturday instead, but not add any tickets. Because of the deal we were using for our package (free dining), there wasn't any availability to just add the day on, so we have a separate, room only reservation for just one night (Saturday). I just got lucky and they happened to offer DAH this day, so that is the day we're going.

So, at the 60-day mark, am I going to be able to book all my FPs or just 3, then the rest the following day? If it's just 3, can I book for any park on any day of my trip, or will I have to book for the date of my DAH tickets only?
I guess I'm not really sure what you're asking, but you can never book more than 3 FPs for one day.

After reading several times, I understand what you’re asking. I had a similar situation that almost came up also. Because your tickets are connected to your second reservation and not your first night, you can’t book your fast passes for them until 60 days before the second reservation begins. But you should be able to book your DAH fast passes at 60 for the first night

I guess I'm not really sure what you're asking, but you can never book more than 3 FPs for one day.
Sorry, I'm trying my best to explain it. It's not actually super complicated, just hard to explain in this format.

My upcoming trip technically has two separate reservations, but they are one right after the other, Saturday-Saturday. The first reservation is a one night resort only stay. The second reservation is a regular combo ticket/resort package for the remainder of my trip. Why we did it this way is unimportant for my purpose here. Both of these stays, plus my DAH tickets, are linked to MDE.

Since my first night of the stay is resort only, my regular 60 day window doesn't start until 60 days out from the second night of my stay. However, my DAH ticket is for the first night of my stay, the resort only night.

So, do I effectively have to book FPs twice (60 days before my resort only/DAH night, then the rest 60 days before my package stay), or can I now do all my FPs 60 days out from night 1 (resort only/DAH)?

And, if the answer is that I do indeed have to do it two times, then I assume that would mean I can only book FPs for the night of my DAH ticket, and couldn't do it for later in the week, and something higher priority (FoP or TSL rides).

I would really appreciate an answer to this, but even if you guys understand it could be that no one will know for sure.

After reading several times, I understand what you’re asking. I had a similar situation that almost came up also. Because your tickets are connected to your second reservation and not your first night, you can’t book your fast passes for them until 60 days before the second reservation begins. But you should be able to book your DAH fast passes at 60 for the first night
Thanks! I'm glad I get FPs for that night (I didn't realize that at all, I'm even more excited now about this event, lol), but it means I have to get on early 2 days in a row! Oh well, it's well worth it. Thanks again!

Thanks! I'm glad I get FPs for that night (I didn't realize that at all, I'm even more excited now about this event, lol), but it means I have to get on early 2 days in a row! Oh well, it's well worth it. Thanks again!
From what many people of said though, don’t be surprised if the fast passes don’t work for dah… Some people have luck and some people don’t From what I’ve seen on many threads

Any chance the DAH event on Saturday night, July 28 will cut down on regular park visitors during that day? I’m already so disappointed that the MK will be closing at 10:00 on that Saturday night, but now reading about fast passes being available at 6:00 for partygoers, I am worried that it will also cut down on our ability for subsequent FPs after our first three have been used that day. Looking for the silver lining in it all…
Thanks everyone.

Tentatively planning a quick trip because I really want to go to DAH July 7 and 9 with my husband. No kids! They’d be with grandma for a few days. (Don’t worry, doing a longer family trip in the spring.)

For someone who does not necessarily do very well in heat, does this seem doable? I haven’t been to Disney in the summer in a looong time. Daytime relaxing or at the pool at AKL, evenings at the parks:

July 6 - night at AK
July 7 - DAH
July 8 - HS or Epcot ... still deciding? Got Slinky FP but it’s for 12pm
July 9 - DAH
July 10 - resort/pool until ME pickup

You might be surprised and it might all open up on 60 days from dah.
Last year we stayed 3 nights at AOA room only before moving to AKL with free dining and tickets.
Although our tickets were due to start on the day we moved to AKL our fastpass window opened 60 days before our AOA allowing us to book fp for later in the holiday earlier than we expected.

You might be surprised and it might all open up on 60 days from dah.
Last year we stayed 3 nights at AOA room only before moving to AKL with free dining and tickets.
Although our tickets were due to start on the day we moved to AKL our fastpass window opened 60 days before our AOA allowing us to book fp for later in the holiday earlier than we expected.
Well that would be a welcome surprise. I am certainly going to give it a shot! I'll report back how it turns out.

I have a DAH night in June. I had originally scheduled fast passes for it as that was going to be where we ate dinner and did a few things before the party started. We were going to go around 4 or so with just a regular ticket. I have since changed my mind and am going to go to Epcot for lunch and a walk around then back to the hotel for rest before heading to MK around 7. I made my fast passes at MK. Is it going to cause a problem when we use our regular ticket at Epcot (no fast passes) but keep the fast passes for our DAH entry that night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter