"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they have a dog, then that provides better security screening than the x-rays and such. I've had multiple airports where TSA will bring a dog through and everyone is then treated like pre-check.

This is interesting. I remember coming through MCO a couple of years ago; the security line was ridiculously long and barely moving. After waiting 30+ minutes we were only just ahead of the boarding pass / passport checkpoint. Then all of a sudden, it was as if floodgates opened. The line started moving along at a decent clip, and security staff were adamant that everyone should keep their shoes and jackets on and put absolutely everything inside their carry-on luggage. We ended up walking through security almost as though it wasn't there. Our bags went through the machine seemingly without a pause. I thought the whole experience was very bizarre - it was like they just gave up.

But there was a dog there. I didn't think anything of it at the time, just assumed the dog had been there all along. But now that you mention this, perhaps the dog had just arrived, and that made all the difference? That would make more sense than my "they gave up" theory. :rotfl: Too bad they don't have the dogs around all the time. I much preferred that to the usual routine!

This is interesting. I remember coming through MCO a couple of years ago; the security line was ridiculously long and barely moving. After waiting 30+ minutes we were only just ahead of the boarding pass / passport checkpoint. Then all of a sudden, it was as if floodgates opened. The line started moving along at a decent clip, and security staff were adamant that everyone should keep their shoes and jackets on and put absolutely everything inside their carry-on luggage. We ended up walking through security almost as though it wasn't there. Our bags went through the machine seemingly without a pause. I thought the whole experience was very bizarre - it was like they just gave up.

But there was a dog there. I didn't think anything of it at the time, just assumed the dog had been there all along. But now that you mention this, perhaps the dog had just arrived, and that made all the difference? That would make more sense than my "they gave up" theory. :rotfl: Too bad they don't have the dogs around all the time. I much preferred that to the usual routine!

Last year when DBF and I were coming back to the US after a cruise in the Caribbean, there was a dog doing sniffing in the TSA line BEFORE we got everything scanned and looked through.

The dog did it's job but it was also very excited to meet everyone and just kept wagging its tail happily. The handler was like "he's just happy doing his jobapparently." Still funny and cute.

Last edited:
TSA was asking everyone in line to remove candy, snacks, books, magazines, and iPads, these were all be inspected separately not even going through the X-ray machine. I fly a lot and this was totally new to me!

So in theory if you want to eat some of the sweets or snacks on the plane just take them out the packet and pop them in a zip lock and anything you don't want to eat put in the checked bag. I won't be getting a lot of Halloween candy but might have the odd snack with me. I'll keep the wrapper so they know what they are.
I know laptops were in their own tray before and I though tablets would now be the same but not heard of them skipping the x-ray. Oh well I'll just go prepared to expect changes.

Interesting, maybe the line we were in was practicing since it was quieter yesterday! The staff sure made it seem like it is the new policy now! I guess everyone just be informed and know going in you may have to take all your goodies out if in carry on.
Yes certainly helpful to know it's happening! We were not aware when we flew out of our home airport. There are no signs and then security was only telling people as you were putting stuff on conveyor belt. So we had to dig around to find stuff. I was more prepared when flying out of Orlando and then was surprised when nobody seemed to care.

Last year when DBF and I were coming back to the US after a cruise in the Caribbean, there was a dog doing sniffing in the TSA line BEFORE we got everything scanned and looked through.

The dog did it's just bit it was also very excited to meet everyone and just kept wagging its tail happily. The handler was like "he's just happy doing his jon apparently." Still funny and cute.

We flew out of Denver last September. While waiting in line, a dog came by sniffing at each bag. My bag was on the opposite shoulder so he couldn't easily sniff it. His human partner was trying to move on, but the dog tried to stop. I realized what he wanted, so I moved my bag over so he could sniff it. Then he was happy to move along!

My "fun" party is supposed to be on 9/12. That's the one that I'd planned on meeting a few characters and making sure I got the magic shots I wanted. It's also the one that I'll be wearing my Belle dress for (the one from Torrid.).

My husband is going to arrive later in the week and will be at the friday party. He has zero interest in meeting characters or doing magic shots. He doesn't dress up either.

Here's hoping the hurricane doesn't impact the 9/12 party. And that I can actually get there since my flight is supposed to be at 5pm on 9/11.

We flew out of Denver last September. While waiting in line, a dog came by sniffing at each bag. My bag was on the opposite shoulder so he couldn't easily sniff it. His human partner was trying to move on, but the dog tried to stop. I realized what he wanted, so I moved my bag over so he could sniff it. Then he was happy to move along!

I WANT TO DO MY JOB DARN IT! I GET TREATS FOR THIS!

My "fun" party is supposed to be on 9/12. That's the one that I'd planned on meeting a few characters and making sure I got the magic shots I wanted. It's also the one that I'll be wearing my Belle dress for (the one from Torrid.).

My husband is going to arrive later in the week and will be at the friday party. He has zero interest in meeting characters or doing magic shots. He doesn't dress up either.

Here's hoping the hurricane doesn't impact the 9/12 party. And that I can actually get there since my flight is supposed to be at 5pm on 9/11.
You're wearing the gold Belle dress from Torrid/Hot Topic to the 9/12 party? So am I! I'll be with my sister who is wearing a provincial Belle dress! Hopefully everything will go all right and we can all get there!

You're wearing the gold Belle dress from Torrid/Hot Topic to the 9/12 party? So am I! I'll be with my sister who is wearing a provincial Belle dress! Hopefully everything will go all right and we can all get there!

That's the dress. I was going to wear a Snow White Costume I put together originally but the skirt is longer so I switched to the Belle Dress. I just packed it and it takes up half my carry on suitcase even squished down. LOL

That's the dress. I was going to wear a Snow White Costume I put together originally but the skirt is longer so I switched to the Belle Dress. I just packed it and it takes up half my carry on suitcase even squished down. LOL
Oh I know! I may take a separate garment bag as a carry-on!

Your candy or any goodies from Disney and MNSSHP are now considered dangerous and if in your carry on's all the candy will need to be inspected so I suggest putting in your checked luggage.

FYI-My suitcase got soaked inside and out at MCO during one of those heavy thunderstorms last Friday night-thankfully most of my belongings were in plastic bags-BUT at the last minute my daughter put a decent amount of Disney snacks in my suitcase which all got wet-SO if you pack candy in your checked luggage WRAP in plastic bags just in case!

I think Orlando likes to keep things interesting. We when flew out on 9/2 we didn'thave to take anything out of our bags (liquids, computers, food all stayed in bags) and we didn't have to take off shoes or jackets. This was through the regular line, not a pre-check line and everyone was doing the same. They had everyone pass a dog though. My family uses Orlando frequently and they say there is something different with security every couple of flights.
Well since we are talking about airports Pittsburgh international is allowing non flying guests to go over to the airline terminal and shop and wait with their family who are leaving on flights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter