"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got our party "ticket" in the mail (going 11/1). Why can't Disney simply add the ticket to your Magic Band? Anyone know? The little card/ticket seems so....old fashioned.

We were at the 9/1 party. It was a pretty rough go of it.
<snip>
On the other hand, we were lucky in that we got to actually meet Jack and Sally and we weren't stuck on the monorail like a lot of people were.

Jennifer I am so sorry about the stolen wings, that's just terrible. I'm also sorry that your party plans kept getting foiled.
If it's any consolation we didn't even SEE Jack and Sally.

We just got our party "ticket" in the mail (going 11/1). Why can't Disney simply add the ticket to your Magic Band? Anyone know? The little card/ticket seems so....old fashioned.

We received our tickets in the mail but the ticket was also added to our magic band. I brought the hard tickets with me to the party just in case but there turned out not to be a need for them.

So it IS linked, I'm just overly careful ;)
Maybe it's just par for the course, since you don't need to be staying on site, or even have any other park tickets, in order to attend the party?

We are going to Universal this year but are planning one night for MNSSHP. Lots of questions! How far out does everyone buy their event tickets? We have never been to a party before and are planning for a Tuesday night. I know tickets are non-refundable so how miserable will we be if it rains? We'll focus on rides and maybe a parade/fireworks. Can we link our party tickets to last years' magic bands? Is a one-day memory maker worth it if we're not stopping for characters? Thanks in advance

How long before the first parade would you recommend staking out a spot on a sold-out night? We'll probably have to do the earlier one because I doubt my parents will stay for the later one, and my mom loves parades. :)

From what I'd gleaned, I was planning an hour, but I'm just not sure. (Also not sure I'm willing to invest more time, but that's another story.
Where do you want to watch from? I'd say an hour is enough if Frontierland. A bit earlier if on Main Street. Near the flagpole is a great "last minute spot." (But still 30-45 minutes out).

I have been thinking the same. The 15th too, for people who cancel their 12th tix but are still in the area. We are on the 12th and were really looking forward to a quieter night.

I think wherever it hits in FL, you will see massive cancellations sat evening through all day sunday. Monday should be ok as long as you are not in an area where Irma is headed.
And now they are saying there is another tropical depression forming behind Irma. Though I don't come down for another month, this is hitting close to home

Where do you want to watch from? I'd say an hour is enough if Frontierland. A bit earlier if on Main Street. Near the flagpole is a great "last minute spot." (But still 30-45 minutes out).

Thanks! I suppose we'd like a spot where we could stay for fireworks, so that'd be Main Street... right? Or doesn't it matter so much for these fireworks?

I'll remember the flagpole tip, too. I think most of the family will stake out the spot and YDS and I will go get some party desserts so we have a snack while waiting. :)

NEWS from the DIS - Preparing for Hurricane Irma at Walt Disney World

Order Groceries to Your Room

If you didn’t know, you can order groceries directly to your room at any Walt Disney World resort. You may want to start preparing now by ordering non-perishable items to your room, along with bottled water. While your Disney resort will have some food, it is best to not rely on Disney to take care of you through the storm. Last year for Hurricane Matthew, many guests found themselves overpaying for a boxed lunch with little more than a small sandwich, a piece of fruit, popcorn, and two fun-sized pieces of candy.

Although this isn’t something you probably were expecting to be added to the cost of your Disney vacation, it might be the most cautious way to keep your family well-fed and hydrated if the power goes out and the surrounding roads get closed down.

You can read more here:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/preparing-for-hurricane-irma-at-walt-disney-world/

This is great advice, but I've read plenty of reports of staple items like milk, bread, and water being cancelled from orders already because all the stores in Orlando and surrounding areas are out. So just an fyi - I'd make sure every bottle/cup you have in your room is filled with water. Go buy more if you can find them in the gift shops, food courts, etc.

Last edited:
Tomorrow's party I assume is unaffected by the potential hurricane?

So far, yes. The current forecast is Irma hitting Florida on Sunday.

Edit to add: Looks like NOAA is predicting winds/rain to begin Saturday.
21272653_1526633034068838_2872691953384629488_n.png

Last edited:
It's like, part of me of thankful that Disney provided some food. Another part of me says, isn't that a little greedy? People gotta eat! But that's not worth $12.99, maybe $7 at the most and that's still pricey to me.

Not every body got to eat. Just google "wdw hurricane mathew" it's all there. I'm not saying Irma will hit but if it does there's no reason any DISer shouldn't be prepared.

Can someone point me to a post for a good strategy to see characters at the party? Not sure exactly who my son wants to see yet, but I'd like to start game planning. We are at the party on 10/5

I googled but didn't really see anything........

who didn't eat? park was only closed 1 day - how did that effect the hotels, except that everyone stayed in.

Disney was under mandatory lock down - meaning guests couldn't even leave their rooms. Unless you were staying at a hotel with indoor corridors (like the Contemporary), you couldn't leave your room. Parks closed around 5pm and many of the restaurants closed as well. Food courts were swamped with people trying to get enough food to last in their rooms for (at that time) an unknown amount of time before the "lock down" was in effect. They ran out of pre-packaged meals, snacks, etc. Plus, Disney was operating with a smaller-than-normal staff. No one was allowed to be on the roads, within Disney property and throughout the county. So CMs couldn't travel back and forth to work. Whoever was there stayed there until the order was lifted. It was a mess. I'm not trying to bash Disney, I think they did what they could - but the food situation was nonsense.

getting ready to cancel a BOG reservation for Sept 12 at 8:35 for party of 5. And earlier one opened up. Figured I would leave it here incase someone is looking for a res. I am guessing a lot of times are going to open due to people canceling their trips.

I googled but didn't really see anything........

who didn't eat? park was only closed 1 day - how did that effect the hotels, except that everyone stayed in.

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2016/...r-rooms-during-hurricane-matthew-preparation/

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/hurricane-matthew-disney-world-closures-cancellations/

Fort Wilderness was evacuated during Mathew
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/10/update-guests-disney-resorts-moved-due-hurricane-matthew/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter