"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we discuss the fastpasses for the party? I have seen on facebook people being emailed about needing to cancel they fastpasses they made for their party day, that they can have them. I have done parties previous years, and have always booked 3 fastpasses from 330-630. I have done so again this year, my party is my arrival night, and my ak day is three days later and my last day. I made my regular park day fps first and then circled back to make my party fps. I have yet to receive an email telling me i need to cancel my party fps. My FOP in on my last day, I dont want them to swipe my last day fp's once iv used my partys fps. What have you guys encountered so far? are any of you concerned?

Can we discuss the fastpasses for the party? I have seen on facebook people being emailed about needing to cancel they fastpasses they made for their party day, that they can have them. I have done parties previous years, and have always booked 3 fastpasses from 330-630. I have done so again this year, my party is my arrival night, and my ak day is three days later and my last day. I made my regular park day fps first and then circled back to make my party fps. I have yet to receive an email telling me i need to cancel my party fps. My FOP in on my last day, I dont want them to swipe my last day fp's once iv used my partys fps. What have you guys encountered so far? are any of you concerned?
My best advice would be careful about making any changes to your tickets/resort. That seems to be one of the triggers for causing a FP scan and possibly loosing them. I currently have FPs for a party date, as well as all regular ticket dates and haven't had any warning emails. Previously I had made a ticket reassignment and that caused some to be lost (have gotten them back since then).

There's actually a thread for that:
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/who-has-had-their-last-day-of-fp-cancelled-due-to-making-fp-from-4pm-6-30pm-with-a-mnsshp-ticket.3622575/"]Who has had their last day of FP+ cancelled due to making FP+ from 4pm-6:30pm with a MNSSHP ticket?[/URL]

We are too, although we are about 10 days behind you. Irma has really perked our ears, so to speak. I'm not worried about rain, even thunderstorms, (in fact now I'm thinking how cool it would be to see an epic thunderstorm over the castle!) I just worry about flights. We are flying to MCO, then to LAX, then back home. Obviously there is no hurricane in LAX, so if we can't make it to MCO we are really SOL...

Yeah we will be going the 25th - 30th. So it's still a couple weeks out. I think it's cool in the sense you mentioned yet also disasterous with all the planning. But I'll just keep looking and figuring it out. Until the storm behind Irma turns into a hurricane, I'm gonna just brace for heavy rain.

So talk to me about the start of the party. I have read that they do a special tolling at 7p and the lake near frontier land gets all foggy. how "special" is this? Is it worth it to come over from tomorrowland to see it? We would have to then have to travel back to Beast's castle for an ADR. We have the time to do it but not sure if it is worth it. Can you see it on the side by the ferry boat or do you have to be over by Tom Sawyer? Also, what about the actual announcement? Worth hearing or skipping for a ride instead?

This better be the last one of the season!!!

And now they are saying there is another tropical depression forming behind Irma. Though I don't come down for another month, this is hitting close to home

So it definitely varied by resort pretty much.

Our trip isn't planned till after Irma passes but I'm concerned about the storm after it that's developing. And we are staying at POP so I'm REALLY researching right now.

Yeah we will be going the 25th - 30th. So it's still a couple weeks out. I think it's cool in the sense you mentioned yet also disasterous with all the planning. But I'll just keep looking and figuring it out. Until the storm behind Irma turns into a hurricane, I'm gonna just brace for heavy rain.

José and Katia are both now hurricanes. Right now José is looking to turn northwest before hitting Puerto Rico, and if it continues on that path it would hit the mid-Atlantic coast the weekend of the 15th/16th or so. Katia is over the Gulf of Mexico and will travel southwest over Mexico and have no effect on Florida.

I'm worried about José. We fly down from NYC on the 19th.

I've read through and searched the thread, but can't find any more details regarding "weapons". My son will be dressed as a Jedi, and a lightsaber is required in his eyes. Are these ok? This is our first party, so I want to make sure I'm getting it right. I already know to leave Han Solo's blaster at home :)

I've read through and searched the thread, but can't find any more details regarding "weapons". My son will be dressed as a Jedi, and a lightsaber is required in his eyes. Are these ok? This is our first party, so I want to make sure I'm getting it right. I already know to leave Han Solo's blaster at home :)
The parks sell lightsabers so I cannot see why not. I have seen some questionable behavior in Hollywood Studios with them and CMs don't seem to interject.

José and Katia are both now hurricanes. Right now José is looking to turn northwest before hitting Puerto Rico, and if it continues on that path it would hit the mid-Atlantic coast the weekend of the 15th/16th or so. Katia is over the Gulf of Mexico and will travel southwest over Mexico and have no effect on Florida.

I'm worried about José. We fly down from NYC on the 19th.

We're flying from Baltimore I feel your pain. Hopefully it'll pass.

I didn't even know about Katia, I have never seen this many hurricanes in this short a time span before!

Light sabers are fine!

Thank goodness we arrive on the 17th so we'll miss the hurricane!!!
Along the same lines, I'm so glad we don't arrive till the 18th (and that so far it seems Jose should go out to sea). I realized today our original plans had us leaving on the 11th, but by the time I checked free dining the morning it was released I couldn't find availability for our original dates, so I moved them (and extended to include my birthday since it was either that or my birthday being at universal). The craziness of booking free dining from the West Coast (or just maybe they didn't release full availability the first day) is actually what saved my trip.

Did you check WDW Official Halloween website?

GUESTS AGES 14 AND OLDER
  • Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
  • Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g., full-length Princess dresses)
  • Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
  • Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are acceptable.
  • Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...alloween-party/#/drawer=drawerDressedOccasion

We are still attending MNSSHP!
Had to move our trip from this weekend to Oct. 25-28 with the party on the 26th. So excited! Ive been to MNSSHP many times before but I just love the trick-or-treating, parade, costumes, fireworks, hocus Pocus show, rides and just the whole atmosphere!

Orlando International Airport to close Saturday at 5 p.m. due to Irma

hopefully our flight in for 11:30am goes ok.....just want to get down there.....

We are also landing Saturday at 9:45 AM...

My husband and I have been watching this link like a hawk.. It is the most up-to-date source other than the UK weather models (Europe has the best charting system and NOAA has started to defer to it... guess that's what happens when the government is willing to help pay for science, but I digress.)

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Anyhow our plan, bring some cards, maybe head over to food and wine at EPCOT on Saturday when we arrive and grab a bottle of wine and hunker down at the resort. We have no delusions that this is going to be bad weather... It's just us two adults so we can relax and then enjoy the parks once the storm passes.

Weather Forecast at WDW as of 5:47 AM:

SAT, SEP 9th - PM Thunderstorms; 85 High / 74 Low; 90% chance of Precipitation; 79% Humidity
SUN, SEP 10th - Heavy Rain/Wind; 79 High / 72 Low; 100% chance of Precipitation; 87% Humidity
MON, SEP 11th - AM Showers/Wind; 80 High / 69 Low; 90% chance of Precipitation; 76% Humidity
TUE, SEP 12th - Partly Cloudy; 87 High / 71 Low; 10% chance of Precipitation; 64% Humidity
WED, SEP 13th - Showers; 87 High / 72 Low; 40% chance of Precipitation; 67% Humidity
THU, SEP 14th - Showers; 88 High / 71 Low; 40% chance of Precipitation; 62% Humidity
FRI, SEP 15th - PM Thunderstorms; 88 High / 72 Low; 40% chance of Precipitation; 60% Humidity
SAT, SEP 16th - Partly Cloudy; 88 High / 72 Low; 20% chance of Precipitation; 68% Humidity
SUN, SEP 17th - Mostly Sunny; 86 High / 73 Low; 20% chance of Precipitation; 72% Humidity

Last edited:
We are also landing Saturday at 9:45 AM...
An how our plan, bring some cards, maybe head over to food and wine at EPCOT on Saturday when we arrive and grab a bottle of wine and hunker down at the resort. We have no delusions that this is going to be bad weather... It's just us two adults so we can relax and then enjoy the parks once the storm passes.

That's our plan too! DH just through the cribbage board into the suitcase.

That's our plan too! DH just through the cribbage board into the suitcase.

Bring goodies to eat at your resort, some of them had a difficult time with food during Micheal last year (it varied depending on resort).... We are planning to pack some trail mixes and snack bars. Heck I know a few Chip and Dale snack mixes I am gonna grab when I get to the parks on Saturday too :)

I don't have any experience with airport closures. We are due to arrive at MCO Tuesday morning at 9am. I am really hoping no changes happen to our flight since the weather is looking fine that day. Does anyone have a guess how long the airport could be closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter