"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost the passes for 9/11/2017...

I called the Help Desk at 407-939-4357 spoke to Jazz, as directed in the initial email I received yesterday. I was on the phone for 90 minutes. Jazz was great, super nice and helpful BUT she told me that the FPs for the party will eventually all be cancelled. As she put it, the computer system can now differentiate between a regular day ticket and a party ticket. Basically, before this year the computer saw all tickets as the same, but now, the computer recognizes a difference. Officially the party goers aren't supposed to be let in until 6 PM (if memory serves someone else posted this as well), although depending on park attendance that day they may be let in earlier, but it's at the discretion of the park.

At the end of all this I had to cancel my party fast passes, and rebook my fast passes on my last park day, 9/11/2017. I had a SDMT pass that day and they were kind enough to give me a special pass for that once cause I wasn't able to get it myself, and cause my family had one for the same time.

It was not a simple process, by any means, and took a long time. I would highly suggest cancelling your party FPs, if you want to avoid all of this. Good luck guys! May the force be with you.:chewy:
Craziness!! I considered adding back my party FPs because of some of the comments but never mind. Thanks for letting us know.

TS for the party is different to normal ADR's but you will need party tickets to book it. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-table-service/

FP is becoming a bit tricky, you can't for 7pm onwards during official party time as it always has been but between 4pm and 6:30pmish you could. However many are now (depending on the park tickets) finding the FP are going.

If you have a 5 day ticket for the parks and then you do MNSSHP on a 6th day. The system is thinking you are trying to do 6 days of FP on 5 days of tickets so they are cancelling the last day. For some that is not a party day but a random day in another park.

If you are in MK or another park (because your park ticket allows) before the party anyway because that was your plan you, your FP will not be affected.

We are getting mixed message from CM because you would normally be able to get in the park from 4pm and use FP and then the party would start at 7pm and the Fastpasses would finish. Some say this is still happening, others say only if it is not busy and I think one CM said no.

I don't know that it has happened to everyone yet and each time a DISer messages a CM the answer given is variation on the one prior, hence the confusion.
Some say no FP if your not in a park/have a ticket that is valid for a park on the day before the party starts. Some are saying you should have 3 and some are saying 2 FP.

:confused3
I think anyone who has a hard to get/important FP on their last park day they are cancelling party FP because they don't want to risk it.

This is just so strange how they are cancelling some people's fast passes as there doesn't seem to be an order to it. I will be at the Aug 29 party, booked fastpasses at 60 days. Had to book 5 day park tickets first, then party day, but other than that, have had no issues. Everything is still there and have not received any notifications.

@MissMaryQC is going to a later party, so also would have had to have booked fastpasses later, but received the cancellation notification and had her last day of fast passes cancelled. I just don't understand how they are doing this since it seems that it's not going by reservation/ check in date, party date, date people were able to schedule their fast passes, or the date the fast passes we're scheduled for. You would think there would be some sort of chronological order of cancelling based on one of these factors or everyone being notified and cancelled at the same time. It just doesn't make any sense.

Just to add one more, I got this response from Disney today:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.
We are so excited to have you visit for our Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

Yes, you will be able to make FastPass+® selections for the hours from 4:00pm to 6:30pm, depending on availability. The Party tickets need to be linked to your My Disney Experience® account, and you will need to be within your window of arrival. If you are staying on property, you are able to begin booking your FastPasses® 60 days prior to arrival. If you are not staying with us, you will have a window of 30 days prior to arrival. Once the party starts, FastPasses® are no longer able to be booked, or used. The park is not sold to capacity during the party, so there are almost no wait times for most of the attractions.

It is going to be a great party! Adults are even able to dress up for it. You can come as your favorite character. It is still pretty warm down here, so be sure you plan for that when selecting a costume.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

I currently have FP+ scheduled for 4:20-5:20 and 5:20-6:20 that night. I also have 3 FP+ booked for my single day ticket that I will be using 2 days later at Epcot. So far no issues. I'm going to the first party, so I'll report back on how things worked out next month...

Actually in the past its been made very clear that the let in time is 4pm so unless it has switched to 6pm this year then that CM was handing out incorrect info...
Also I'm slightly confused now... You were going to the party on 9/11 and had FP+ on the party ticket but were you planning on going to a park earlier that day as well? I ask because you said you then made FP+ for 9/11 with your last park day. To me that would indicate that originally you were trying to double dip on FP+ which of course is something you cannot do. Again I'm just getting confused not accusing you of anything lol.

No worries, I'll explain. We are there from 9/5-9/12, visiting parks on 9/6,9/8,9/10 & 9/11 our party is on 9/7, no park before the party. We have 4 day hoppers and the party ticket. The computer system automatically cancelled what it considers an extra day if fast passes, which is the last park day, 9/11.

Also, the official start of the parties has always been 7 PM, any earlier entrance is not guaranteed.

So I get this straight please let me know about my situation...
I am going from September 1-4.
I will be going to MNSSHP on the 1st, MK/AK on the 2nd, HS/EP on the 3rd, and leaving on the 4th.
So what you are saying is that at some point with notice or not my FP+ for the 3rd will automatically be cancelled....?

Yes.

I've been following along here , and seems like so much confusion on what will be allowed this year as far as making FP goes.... So here is my experience FWIW
We are going to Party end of september (first party for us :) and ONLY have party tickets quick 2 day trip... Just this afternoon I was able to make 3 FP from
3:30,4:30,5:30 no problem... Now whether or not they will remain or dissappear I don't know. As of today I have them and they show in my account.. Problem seems to be with other days tickets?

It's looking like the trouble is when you have fast passes on more days than regular park tickets.

This is just so strange how they are cancelling some people's fast passes as there doesn't seem to be an order to it. I will be at the Aug 29 party, booked fastpasses at 60 days. Had to book 5 day park tickets first, then party day, but other than that, have had no issues. Everything is still there and have not received any notifications.

@MissMaryQC is going to a later party, so also would have had to have booked fastpasses later, but received the cancellation notification and had her last day of fast passes cancelled. I just don't understand how they are doing this since it seems that it's not going by reservation/ check in date, party date, date people were able to schedule their fast passes, or the date the fast passes we're scheduled for. You would think there would be some sort of chronological order of cancelling based on one of these factors or everyone being notified and cancelled at the same time. It just doesn't make any sense.

To be fair, I had trouble with my reservation. I made a payment, it did not process online, but then I was charged two holds on my account, this caused me to need to contact Guest Services. It's my theory that the changes I made on my reservation caused me to sort of be flagged in the system. But that's just a theory.

Yeah its all over the place. I know further back some people bought an extra day ticket but because of the ticket they already had it was only around $20 or so but obviously with a family that's going to get super expensive, especially if its one of the more expensive party days.

I'm hoping we will get more information this week, start of August they might actually remember they have Halloween festivities to announce. Especially as they were showing off Christmas merchandise samples but nothing for Halloween.

Last edited:
Here's to hoping that when we start receiving our MNSSHP tickets via mail the paper that comes with it will give more specific and accurate info for this year.
When I bought mine it said it will arrive no earlier than August 8th so I now play the waiting game.

Costumes are allowed for adults and that sounds like an awesome idea! Her staff should be fine to bring. I've gone as the wicked witch for quite a few years now without any issues bringing a broom or doing face paint. I can give you tips if you like on how to do the makeup it takes about 1.5 hours to do my face and hands and it lasts the entire party and doesnt rub off.
Any tips you have would be much appreciated! I haven't done face paint/make up before, so I'm new to this but I figure this is a good reason to try!

Here's to hoping that when we start receiving our MNSSHP tickets via mail the paper that comes with it will give more specific and accurate info for this year.
When I bought mine it said it will arrive no earlier than August 8th so I now play the waiting game.

We received our cards a couple of weeks ago... there is absolutely no information about FP+, and the party time is (of course) listed as 7:00-12:00. The only other information that came with ours was guidelines on costumes. So sorry, but really no help.

So I get this straight please let me know about my situation...
I am going from September 1-4.
I will be going to MNSSHP on the 1st, MK/AK on the 2nd, HS/EP on the 3rd, and leaving on the 4th.
So what you are saying is that at some point with notice or not my FP+ for the 3rd will automatically be cancelled....?

Correct.

This issue was first reported on July 19th in this post:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...rty-boo-to-you.3580223/page-229#post-57925409

It only affects those that are using a party ticket to cover a FP day. If you have APs or other ticket media in your account, or were planning to use a ticket to enter early, then it's not an issue. I didn't have any problems making my FPs, including the MNSSHP afternoon, but I have FOP on the last day, so I deleted the FPs I had originally made for my party day. Others with a coveted FP on their last day have done the same. Some with more flexible plans on their last day are waiting it out. Communications from CMs have been all over the place.

The paper that comes with the tickets doesn't give any information about FP, only the Costumes guidelines.

Correct.

This issue was first reported on July 19th in this post:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...rty-boo-to-you.3580223/page-229#post-57925409

It only affects those that are using a party ticket to cover a FP day. If you have APs or other ticket media in your account, or were planning to use a ticket to enter early, then it's not an issue. I didn't have any problems making my FPs, including the MNSSHP afternoon, but I have FOP on the last day, so I deleted the FPs I had originally made for my party day. Others with a coveted FP on their last day have done the same. Some with more flexible plans on their last day are waiting it out. Communications from CMs have been all over the place.

We kept ours hoping for the best then we lost them. We got SUPER lucky to get the SDMT pass as some pixie dust. The CM I spoke to made it clear they're really only able to book passes based on availability, but since it was noted in my profile that I'd called the day prior she worked a little magic for us.

We are so excited to have you visit for our Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

Yes, you will be able to make FastPass+® selections for the hours from 4:00pm to 6:30pm, depending on availability. The Party tickets need to be linked to your My Disney Experience® account, and you will need to be within your window of arrival. If you are staying on property, you are able to begin booking your FastPasses® 60 days prior to arrival. If you are not staying with us, you will have a window of 30 days prior to arrival. Once the party starts, FastPasses® are no longer able to be booked, or used. The park is not sold to capacity during the party, so there are almost no wait times for most of the attractions.

It is going to be a great party! Adults are even able to dress up for it. You can come as your favorite character. It is still pretty warm down here, so be sure you plan for that when selecting a costume.

I currently have FP+ scheduled for 4:20-5:20 and 5:20-6:20 that night. I also have 3 FP+ booked for my single day ticket that I will be using 2 days later at Epcot. So far no issues. I'm going to the first party, so I'll report back on how things worked out next month...
So is it possible to schedule 6 FP in a day?? I have 2 parties n I will be in MK before each party. I know that I can schedule my park FP but can I also schedule party FP?? I have 16 days before I can schedule any FP's for my trip!!

Disney's new FP system is cracking down on any FPs made that are not made with a valid PARK ticket used for entry that day.

If you don't have a park ticket for the day of the FPs you've chosen the FPs will be invalid, and it seems in this case deleted by the system. Whether or not you have a party ticket (Halloween or Xmas) won't matter. There are no FPs during the party hours, and whether or not you may, as a courtesy, enter MK earlier than 7pm, you are not entitled to a FP if your entry is based on a party ticket only. The party officially starts at 7pm.

If you DO have an MK ticket for park entry that day, as well as a party ticket, the fact that MDE won't allow you to book 3 FPs with your MK ticket that day, and another 3 FPs with your party ticket for that day, tells you you're not entitled to FPs with the party ticket.

Many tried circumventing this by not linking their party tickets to their same MDE account used for their park tickets, but instead creating a separate MDE for just the party tickets. Disney is cracking down on people trying to get more FPs than they are entitled to have (regardless of what was allowed by the system in the past).

Personally, I think it's fair that you can't book FPs in MK on party days if you don't use a PARK ticket for entry. Early entry party guests can still go Standby, while others that paid for park entry that day can book FPs until park closing, when they are kicked out.

I do think Disney may try to be accommodating to people as this is all worked out, but probably only for a little while.

I had zero issues booking FP+ with party tickets only. My window opened today. There was actually nothing available after 5:30 earlier today when I checked. It would let you book a 3:00 start. So we'll see. It's hard to get more than 2 because of overlap.

I've seen these, and got the same answer, via telephone, yesterday after I got the email saying my FPs were fine. But they were gone this morning and it was not easy getting them back. I had to let go of the ones for my party day and try to rebook my last day passes, even though I had been assured by a CM, in IT that this would not happen.

I do think Disney may try to be accommodating to people as this is all worked out, but probably only for a little while.

That's not what I experienced. They were very nice, but made it very clear that once the email was sent the computer did the rest. They helped me retrieve one of the three passes I lost, on,y after I deleted the two I had for my party night.

Disney's new FP system is cracking down on any FPs made that are not made with a valid PARK ticket used for entry that day.

If you don't have a park ticket for the day of the FPs you've chosen the FPs will be invalid, and it seems in this case deleted by the system. Whether or not you have a party ticket (Halloween or Xmas) won't matter. There are no FPs during the party hours, and whether or not you may, as a courtesy, enter MK earlier than 7pm, you are not entitled to a FP if your entry is based on a party ticket only. The party officially starts at 7pm.

If you DO have an MK ticket for park entry that day, as well as a party ticket, the fact that MDE won't allow you to book 3 FPs with your MK ticket that day, and another 3 FPs with your party ticket for that day, tells you you're not entitled to FPs with the party ticket.

Many tried circumventing this by not linking their party tickets to their same MDE account used for their park tickets, but instead creating a separate MDE for just the party tickets. Disney is cracking down on people trying to get more FPs than they are entitled to have (regardless of what was allowed by the system in the past).

Personally, I think it's fair that you can't book FPs in MK on party days if you don't use a PARK ticket for entry. Early entry party guests can still go Standby, while others that paid for park entry that day can book FPs until park closing, when they are kicked out.

The info you gave makes it sound like the party ticket day of FP+ will be deleted but that is apparently not the case. People are saying that their last day of FP+ is being deleted and its not their party day.

The info you gave makes it sound like the party ticket day of FP+ will be deleted but that is apparently not the case. People are saying that their last day of FP+ is being deleted and its not their party day.

Because the system doesn't understand intent. It just sees, for example, 6 days of FP+ booked on a 5 day ticket. Therefore what it will do is remove the last day because it's a 6th day on a 5 day ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter