Official 2017 HHN-27 Thread

Historically Halloween night is not that busy so I seriously doubt the event will sell out.

That's good news! So it sounds like our most crowded night might be Sunday.

This should be a much different experience, having tickets to multiple nights. So we can relax and actually do some attractions and not just run from line to line for the houses.

That's good news! So it sounds like our most crowded night might be Sunday.

This should be a much different experience, having tickets to multiple nights. So we can relax and actually do some attractions and not just run from line to line for the houses.
Sunday night will be very busy since it's the last Sunday of the event. I was actually a little sad on my last night last year...silly I know but I just enjoy the park during the event. Now that I've seen everything multiple times I'll get a drink and people watch in the scare zones. That is loads of fun!

We making any reservations for Finnegans on Sunday??

Marqui

Is Rick making the reservation at finnegans?
Just noticed your plans here and wondered how you got on with making reservations at Finnegans?
We've always done this in the past, but both online and by phone it now doesn't seem possible to make reservations in the afternoon as it gets close to HHN time, i.e. they physically don't seem to be allowing these time slots to be booked...

Just noticed your plans here and wondered how you got on with making reservations at Finnegans?
We've always done this in the past, but both online and by phone it now doesn't seem possible to make reservations in the afternoon as it gets close to HHN time, i.e. they physically don't seem to be allowing these time slots to be booked...
I think you are right...I remember they changed that a few years ago with no reservations on an event night after 4:30PM or so. You might want to explore other holding areas instead of going to Finnegan's.

I think you are right...I remember they changed that a few years ago with no reservations on an event night after 4:30PM or so. You might want to explore other holding areas instead of going to Finnegan's.
1pm is the last time they’re offering! :eek:
Might try walking up later in the afternoon, we like to grab a bite to eat there while we’re waiting.

To be fair, it’s been 4 years since our last HHN in Florida, so I guess things do change over that kind of time frame!

We had no problem with getting a table at Finnegan's twice the week we were there, we just showed up around 4 and ordered in stages. Our waitress knew we were waiting for HHN so it was all good.

You might have to wait a bit on a larger party since it was just two of us.

Got a call today from a radio station that I won 2 tickets to HHN and 2 tickets for 1 day at Universal Studios. Holla!

Was possibly planning for 2 nights at HHN now that cost just got cut in half!

Back on topic, I'm surprised there's not more talk about the Academy of Villains. They were amazing last year and can't wait to see their show again this year

Historically Halloween night is not that busy so I seriously doubt the event will sell out.

Awesome since that's the night we picked! Was slightly worried about it being super busy, but it was the only one available for when we were going.

Back on topic, I'm surprised there's not more talk about the Academy of Villains. They were amazing last year and can't wait to see their show again this year

They were good, but because of the hurricane they had to use a smaller stage - not sure if that will change, but it did mean they could not do everything they had planned.

Awesome since that's the night we picked! Was slightly worried about it being super busy, but it was the only one available for when we were going.
In talking to some of the locals - they said Halloween night is not too busy because there is a Halloween event in Downtown Orlando with large cash prizes for costumes so most or the locals go to that.
Families would be out trick r treating so that keeps them away as well
From what they said it's a pretty good night to go

They were good, but because of the hurricane they had to use a smaller stage - not sure if that will change, but it did mean they could not do everything they had planned.
We saw a sign last Sunday night saying the regular stage was being worked on so maybe this weekend the show will move to it's normal stage. Not sure though...the dancing was quite good for the little bit we saw last weekend.

Yea I saw they posted it was damaged but didn't know if they moved back to the main stage yet. I'm not going until another couple weeks so hoping the main stage is up by then

Yea I saw they posted it was damaged but didn't know if they moved back to the main stage yet. I'm not going until another couple weeks so hoping the main stage is up by then
I'm going again tonight and will see what's going on.

I'm going again tonight and will see what's going on.

Looked as though they were setting up the big stage today.......not sure it was finished or will be available even this weekend, but it's definitely being worked on.

I'm thinking of waiting until I go on Thursday to see if I want express passes. Do they sell out early or would I be good waiting to see the wait times and then deciding if I should buy?

I'm thinking of waiting until I go on Thursday to see if I want express passes. Do they sell out early or would I be good waiting to see the wait times and then deciding if I should buy?

Don’t buy in advance......wait and see what it’s like first........they shouldn’t sell out Thursday.

I'd like to go to Universal one weekday in late October on a day the are having HHN. But I won't be going to HHN.

Some years ago I did this, and when I left I was virtually unable to leave due to incoming traffic blocking all exit routes.

So my question is: What time would I have to leave by in order to avoid traffic issues. Or would it be better to just not go on a HHN day and wait until my next opportunity in December?

Hi everyone:

We just returned and thought I would post some comments on our recent visit to HHN27. My husband, brother in law and I attended on Sunday the 23rd and we signed up for the RIP tour. We entered the park at around 4:00 and scanned our tickets at the Simpson's holding area. There we had a beer and chatted until about 4:45 where they started to let people in to the Moe's dining area. We grabbed some dinner just in case as we were not sure what type of food would be available at Cafe La Bamba when we checked in. They opened up two houses early and were allowing people to go towards the Men In Black direction but not towards the rest of the park. At exactly 6:00 they opened the gate for the rest of the park. Since we were doing the tour we just people watched and looked at the scare zones on the Hollywood and Kid Zone areas. What was a little confusing was the check in process. Cafe La Bamba was closed off. We asked a person how do we check in for the RIP tour and they said we had to go to the front gate and wait there so we went to the front gate customer service line and asked. They said that they think we need to leave the park and go to VIP guest services. I saw that you can enter via inside the park so i went upstairs to the VIP guest service area and they said we could stay there or go back to Cafe La Bamba. So back to Cafe La Bamba we went and there they said we can check in no later than 30 minutes before our tour. We walked around some more to waste some time and then returned to Cafe La Bamba where the attendant looked on his Phone for when the time was exactly 30 minutes prior. He said they were very strict. We were finally let in where they had appetizers and drinks cafeteria style. The served meatballs, mini quiche, stuffed mushroom for hot food. Then they had veggies and cheeses with crackers for cold options. They served coke product sodas and bottled water. Around the corner they had desserts like brookies, mini pumpkin pies and cupcakes as well as alcoholic drinks for purchase. We were given a card with the name of our group and our attendant Kate greeted us. She was nice and professional but not particularly vibrant. Our group was decent enough, nice but somewhat introverted and kept to their respective groups.

Kate went over the plan and walked us through the houses. The temp even in the evening was ungodly hot and humid so I cannot express enough the gratitude to go straight to the front of the line of the house. They take you through some back lots which were interesting to see. I don't recall the order of the houses but we managed to see them all and see all the scare zones quite efficiently. Additionally, we saw the Bill and Ted show which was their finale and quite entertaining. Poor people dancing about in the heat, they are champs! There were 3 bathroom breaks and 2 areas to purchase drinks. Once in the San Francisco area and the other inside a building in the New York Area. These areas have little food except chips so the snacks were limited. We finished the entire tour around 11:00 and made our way back to Cafe La Bamba where they only had a few desserts left and hard alcohol. I am embarrassed but I was exhausted by then so we just walked around and made our way back to the hotel earlier than expected. I had ridden all the rides earlier in the day so there was no real desire to re-ride them and while I would have like to see Diagon Alley in the night one more time, my feet would not comply. It seems that no matter where I am, what I want to see is always at the other side of the lake when I am most tired.

Final Thoughts:

- I believe if we would have asked Kate would have stopped so we can get something to eat but I recommend eating something before the tour. Our tour was at 7:15 and with all the walking and sweating I can see how you can get hungry by the end of the night. I think it would be great if the Cafe would have a few more offerings when we returned.
- The tour was great and I would do it again in a heart beat. It didn't bother me at all that it ended early nor that my group wasn't animated. It was quite efficient and since I didn't nap and ran around with the kids in the morning, I was grateful to end before midnight.
- 4 people from my party left the tour guide before the tour ended and didn't tip her. She was so professional but I can see it in her face that she was frustrated. They also didn't attend the Bill Ted show. Essentially they used her as a fast pass system which I thought was quite rude. I felt for her because she did her job, was friendly and asked our input.
- Houses - So happy to see all the houses in this fashion. Ironically, I was more impressed with the non intellectual property houses. Dead Water and Fallen being my favorite and Shining my least favorite of the IP houses.
- Scare zones - I think I like last years a bit better but all were fun in there own way.
- If you stay in the park to avoid chaos please note that you can't check into your tour until exactly 30 minutes before so use the time to grab another drink at Moe's or Finnegans in an air conditioned environment or people watch during the cooler times.

Overall a very good experience. A bit confusing at first which I would expect being our first time going through the experience. I would recommend it to others that desire to see all the houses in one day for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter