• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rethinking my choices, has anybody stayed at ASMu? What was it like? I've stayed at ASMo and AOA. Just trying to see if it's as nice.

Rethinking my choices, has anybody stayed at ASMu? What was it like? I've stayed at ASMo and AOA. Just trying to see if it's as nice.

We loved it! Its so cute. In the value category we have stayed at POP ans ASMu and chose to go back to ASMu for a second stay. We stayed in the Calypso building. We found it to be a bit quieter and less chaotic than POP. If we were to stay value again I wouldn't hesitate to book it.

Good luck!

Still can't change.. I am currently booked at Contemporary Standard view Nov 16-22- TA was unable to modify. I booked FD Contemporary Garden view Nov. 16-25. Talked to CM yesterday who tried to change and couldn't, so she sent a request to guest services to edit the dates because her system kept having glitches. She said I would get a confirmation email of the change. Now still nothing. Does this mean that they aren't going to change it???????

If anyone sees Cont. or Poly Nov. 16-22 I can just book a whole new reservation. ANY help is appreciated. Taking my mom for her 65th and DS for his 7th. Her only request was to try a monorail resort- she hasn't been in 20 years.

Last edited:

We stayed there last year. It was nice,the food court didn't seem chaotic like I was expecting, even when it was busy. We stayed in Broady building 8 by the parking lot which was a good location since we drive everywhere.

I paid to upgrade to DDxP
We did too. Between Tusker House, Akershus, BOG, Skipper canteen, Le Cellier, San Angel Inn, the new Tangled breakfast, Kona Cafe..... it makes absolute sense for us to pay the $37/person to upgrade to the DxDdp.

Also, we would have upgraded no matter what. We've only been once without the DxDDP and that was in 2008 when we had the old DDP.

Stacy

Um, wait on the phone for 2+ hrs from Australia and then when you get thru to a cast member have them accidentally cut your call. :guilty:

Cry a little bit in the corner of the room. :charac2:Drink some more wine.
Go to sleep for a few hours.

Wake up and try again. This time spending 3+ hrs on the phone before getting it sorted.

pixiedust:

But seriously, just be polite, honest and thank them for their time. :hippie:

You poor thing, that's terrible!

For our 2014 trip I was booking for a big family trip. Similar experience, got cut off, hours on hold, maybe 4 hours all together. I have such an aversion to being on hold still to this day. No way I was calling yesterday, I feel sick just thinking about it. Anyway, big hugs your way. Hope you are recovered today! :-)

Standard rooms available for those dates right now.

I don't show any available rooms for those date? Not for FD or Visa FD.

Just kidding!! They wouldn't show in Chrome Incognito, but they were there in Firefox. I need until 12/2, but I booked it and will try to add the days on later. Thanks so much for the help!! I love how people here are so eager to help others get what they want!! :thanks:

Got my sil a room at pop! Now we need to choose between that and ASSp.......
I'm so glad you got what you wanted!! We are booked at Sports for 11/25-12/2. I was just able to snag POP 11/25-11/29 in hopes I can add the extra days in the next week or so. If not, I will cancel POP and stick with Sports. We enjoyed Sports the last time we stayed there!!

Still can't change.. I am currently booked at Contemporary Standard view Nov 16-22- TA was unable to modify. I booked FD Contemporary Garden view Nov. 16-25. Talked to CM yesterday who try to change and couldn't, so she sent a request to guest services to edit the dates because her system kept having glitches. She said I would get a confirmation email of the change. Now still nothing. Does this mean that they aren't going to change it???????

If anyone sees Cont. or Poly Nov. 16-22 I can just book a whole new reservation. ANY help is appreciated. Taking my mom for her 65th and DS for his 7th. Her only request was to try a monorail resort- she hasn't been in 20 years.

Contemporary had garden-garden, tower-bay lake, tower-themepark and Poly has standard view for those dates with free dining....can u try booking it yourself and cancel your TA?

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter