******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I have to decide between the FW cabins and ASMu suites. For some reason I thought I booked AoA, but I actually booked ASMu. Must've been really sleepy. Anyway, I have a choice to make now, I have 2 different FD reservations. My problem is if I go with FW cabins, I've already paid off the ASMu package when I booked this morning. Not sure how difficult it would be to transfer the money to another res.

Well said!! Hats off to the awesome TA's out there. I had a very similar experience this morning. My TA got my CBR reservation modified so we can keep the GC's!! she was up at 3am working. I had an email at 4:30 with no news :/ and good news shortly after the drop!

Mine was awesome too! Got up early and found AKL Standard view for our Nov dates!!

so happy for those of you who are getting what you want! :) i just keep trying. i called back in and unfortunately got a CM who has no idea what he is doing. told me there is no disney visa offer. on hold for a supervisor now.

Well after being on hold for over 4 hours I got it Poly Aug 22-Aug 29 standard room!!! This has been exhausting! The Disney agents that helped me were amazing and so kind!

If you don't mind me asking, how much was your package?

Can anyone share what phone number they used to get through today? I have been getting busy lines all day with each number that I've tried. Thanks!

My TA said that out of 20 people she was trying to get free dining for she only landed 4 because of how limited it was this year. Thank goodness I was one of the 4! But keep trying and hopefully everyone will get what they want!

Has anyone been able to snag FD at Pop for early September? I have a hard time believing that it filled up almost instantly.

November was like that, too. I was up all night. Saw the first post that indicated it was live on ******* and it was gone within the 10 seconds it took me to search it. Odd...

Well FD sucked me again this year.. and I really thought we were going to break free.. So I am putting my numbers in below to get a sense of where I am at.
We are 4 "adults".
originally we had a super TA exclusive for BC standard, 7 nights and 7 day PH with one "extra" that is for a one time water park. +/- a few dollars 3500
besides that we had 2 nights at embassy suite booked as my DH will still be around ( he is skipping on the WDW stuff). That with parking fees is just under 300. so in total 9 nights/ 10 days in Orlando with 2 days 5 "adults", rest 4.. Dining I budgeted for 150 per day. This means we were skipping and disney character meals, breakfast in room, sharing QS and a couple of low cost TS.

3500 BC package 7 nights
300 Embassy Suites 2 nights
1500 food estimate
Total: 5300

Well this thread got me in the FD mood again... So I was thinking ok, our normal "home" for a moderate is PoR.. We have done AoA and Pop for a one night deal.. We liked both. But prefer PoR and looove BC... I had a creative thought today.. Let's do a split stay and drop embassy. This would mean 4 of us do a FD package and my DH does one night ( maybe 2 depending on flights) room only. We dont do park days for the first two days, but have FDing.. DH can use our credits for a few meals. PoR is then out as 1. FD is only QS 2. RO for one person 100 more than PoP.
So long story short I cancelled embassy.. Booked RO Pop with room discount for DH ( 109 a night vs. 222 for PoR) for first night. Started FD package for us for 5 nights with FD ( got 8 day tickets) and then RO at BC with super TA rate for 4 nights.
costs are now:

109 RO Pop for DH
3315 FD POP package 5 nights, 8 day PH plus and upgrade to DP
816.00 RO BC for 4 nights standard room.
600 Food estimate
Total: 4840

New food estimate is based on tips for FD part and 4 days no FD,, we can make dining credits stretch until midnight of checkout and DH gets one TS credit for his one night with us at BOMA 55 value and we pay OOH for a cheaper TS later, we are thinking Kona lunch, and for BC only 100 per day as no TS and we will do breakfast in room and share some QSs or snack around the world.

So in the end we are saving some money if I go by these estimates ( let me know if I miss anything) and we are exchanging some nights of luxury at the BC for some days of eating at places we normally would not eat OOP with FD. Boma, Cape May, Tusker, Skipper Canteen etc.. and we get snack credits I can use at F&W and that is saving at least 50 bucks. the only other cost that might come is a 2nd night for DH at POP is he has an issue flying out when planned.

So i am happy. Happy...

BTW I checked and for my dates, POR and POP now show no availability.. One more side note.. I booked my new package online at about 6am.. I felt bad for my TA and wrote if I can transfer the reservation or if she makes a new one, and only if she is able to reduce the BC nights without losing that discount.. She was able to change our BC reservation and able to make POP FD for us.. once that was linked I cancelled my own reservation.. As much as Disney takes money and more money. i find it great they still support the TA business with commission. I have no issue supporting my TA getting that commission even if I id the initial work. I see it as my way of supporting someone's job and the economy.. She was great.. she had no idea I was making any changes.. I totally took her by surprise a few hours after FD was live, and within 20 minutes she resposnded with her reservation for our FD and the BC changes. I know a lot of you were nervous about your TA, I think 99% are great and it's nice to support them.

Has anyone been able to snag FD at Pop for early September? I have a hard time believing that it filled up almost instantly.

I got free dining at Pop for Sept. 4-10. I saw a link for Disney Visa free dining and just checked that to see if there was a price difference. There wasn't and it was showing that there is still availability

It wouldnt let me modify my reservation, so I had to cancel and create a new reservation. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to receive funds back? I had already paid $500 towards the trip, so I want to put that $500 back towards it ASAP. In the future, I definitely wont prebook. I will just wait for it to drop. I havent even received an email confirming that I cancelled, but it is no longer on myDisney Experience page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter