******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep checking! Earlier today there were no standard CBR rooms, but someone posted about a half hour ago there seems to be more that were released. I checked and sure enough, they had availability for our dates.
TA told me too late to revert to CBR She. Modified it already to FW so even if cbr became free I wouldn't get gcs ---its a new reservation ; (

So I tried to upgrade our POP summer meal to the free dining but nothing was available? Do bookings reopen after a while when people cancel?
Just curious....were you up at 5:30 eastern time to try and change it? This is what we want to do next year, but Pop went fast...so wanted to see if you were among the early risers?

I'm sure this has been asked and answered already, but I'm overwhelmed and my eyes hurt. not only that but I had to actually work today. LOL. boo.

Booked in a FD Cabin 2 parties
one of 4 "adults"
one of 4 "adults" one "child"

Free QS. Trying to see what the upgrade cost is. I am actually thinking I'd prefer QS. our party includes 4 girls - ages 7, 10, 11, 14 - all fairly light eaters, a 13 year old boy (very heavy eater but very picky) and the 4 parents. I'm tying to come up with a comparison sheet for my DH that shows why it might be advantageous to keep QS and not upgrade. The only sit down meal he wants is Ohana breakfast. We were also considering Akershus but I'm not sure if those 2 alone make up the difference or not, but then we're stuck with 4 more table service to figure out and we lose 6 QS. I'm almost thinking QS is better for us this trip.

Anyway, anyone have those numbers off the top of their head on what it takes to upgrade? my memory wants to say like $21 per person per day?
Yes, it is $21.16 per adult per NIGHT and about $4.07 per child per NIGHT.

1) Will I need to prioritize my AP or my family's tickets to be sure the 9 day PHs are used on my May trip?
2) Can I exchange my 3 day PH (December trip) next spring as a discount for renewing my AP (and do I have to do that in person?)

There is a ticket sticky over on the Theme Parks Tips board that will answer your how tos. Sorry I don't have that in my brain.

Well after being on hold for over 4 hours I got it Poly Aug 22-Aug 29 standard room!!! This has been exhausting! The Disney agents that helped me were amazing and so kind!

I'm glad you got what you wanted! I was on for a while too, but worth it!

The TA website was a hot mess this morning I couldn't even get it to work until almost 11am!
So TA's do have a different site than regular people? But i assume that they have the same selection and amount of rooms allotted to certain specials to choose from as the Disney site we see.

i have been on hold for a supervisor forever... i hope i didn't get lost somewhere. not that i'm holding out much hope at this point... but still!

First, I am jealous of every one of you booking the "fancy" rooms lol

I am just trying to get to Disney for a week at this point.

I can do six nights at music with four days of tickets for $2095 and that includes dining.

However, I don't park hop. So now it looks like a room discount is $1709 for four days of regular tickets.

So that is $64.33 a day difference for three people. $386. We share meals, rarely order anything than water to drink.

I am thinking about avoiding free dining. Is that crazy? My husband just reminded me how miserably full we were last time we had free dining.

And does anyone know if certain weeks are cheaper? We home school, and can go anytime. I was looking at sept 5th.
I booked Sept 5-12 at Pop.. the rate at Pop, anyway are cheaper than in August. Play around with the dates. There is more availability for Room Only discounts at the values (last time I checked anyway).

November was like that, too. I was up all night. Saw the first post that indicated it was live on ******* and it was gone within the 10 seconds it took me to search it. Odd...

I was able to book POP with FD, standard room, for 9/6-9/13. I had waited to book until today, this was not a modification of an existing reservation. My dates were able to move a couple days each way but I got my first choice. We were going either way (two 50 year old friends FINALLY getting to do Disney like WE want to do Disney!) but having FD saves us some cash. We would likely have brought a lot of our food and just bought one meal a day if we had not gotten FD

I agree after all the gift cards are just money going right back to Disney! Im bitter my TA lost my gc deal because she wasn't online till 7 and put me in a resort costing me a grand more!!!!!!

See if I had a TA that did this I don't think I would be okay with it. I think I would have to say something. This is your job and you're playing with people's vacations. Get in the game!

Does anyone else feel like the room prices are inflated on the FD plan? I priced my package out several times and I just can't figure out why there's an extra almost $400 in there. I even included tax, still $400 more. The site won't let you break down the package to see how much the room costs.

Booked FD at Pop for August 13 and December 15. Now just have to decide if I would rather sweat my a$$ off or deal with Christmas crowds!

Ok...so I have a question. We are not new to Disney but new to the Dining Plan. We have always stayed at OKW 1B Villa and loved it but have decided on POFQ with the Quick Service Dining Option. When looking at menus at various places, there are different categories of kids meals. Do the get to choose from any of them or only a certain one(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter