******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used a TA for years and she always stays up all night when there is a possibility of an offer. I've never been disappointed. I usually have an email from her when I get up for work saying she already got it for me. I hope you have the same experience!
Thank you. This makes me feel better. I think I will just go to bed tonight and hope for the best.

That's my plan as well. I've spoken to a lot of CMs over the past few weeks and surprisingly, I kept getting the same answers. THey all say that you can change anything except the resort without losing the gift card. If your reservation number changes, you will lose it. I'm not 100% on the date change because I'm not sure if the reservation number would change or not.

Yay!!! I've been told the same too! Something that consistent has to be right.... right?

This is our 4th year with FD and the only advice I have is to stalk black and dirty Steve and whatever they post, believe it. They are usually spot on, with minor variations like dates-which I know can be huge if it's your arrival day. Trust them, and be up bright and early before 4 am. Refresh your page often, make sure you sign in to your Disney account, have everything written down-dates, backup hotels, etc. I have to do that bc my mind goes blank during times of extreme stress (like FD:p).

Yes! All of this is great advice!

Starting to lose hope that we will be surprised and see MODS with the regular dining plan tomorrow. Too many rumors saying QS. So,
This is our 4th year with FD and the only advice I have is to stalk black and dirty Steve and whatever they post, believe it. They are usually spot on, with minor variations like dates-which I know can be huge if it's your arrival day. Trust them, and be up bright and early before 4 am. Refresh your page often, make sure you sign in to your Disney account, have everything written down-dates, backup hotels, etc. I have to do that bc my mind goes blank during times of extreme stress (like FD:p).

I am new here, so I keep hoping that Black, Ron, and Steve are wrong in the whole MODS get QS thing... I'd love to be at Coronado or POR, but I think I will try out a Value for the first time. POP would be choice number 1, but looks like many others have that as number 1 too.

Not at all. :):goodvibes That Saturday will be busy but not to the point that you can't enjoy it. (I think last year was a crowd level 6) Usually everyone leaves on Sunday, so that Sun-Thursday always has good crowd levels, imo. We follow Josh's recommendations as far as which park for which day, and he has always been right on the money! (Josh at easy WDW .com ;))

That week is just such a great week to go-crowds are good, weather is (usually) good, everything is decorated for Christmas, etc.:goodvibes
Thanks so much!!:dogdance::goodvibes

Not at all. :):goodvibes That Saturday will be busy but not to the point that you can't enjoy it. (I think last year was a crowd level 6) Usually everyone leaves on Sunday, so that Sun-Thursday always has good crowd levels, imo. We follow Josh's recommendations as far as which park for which day, and he has always been right on the money! (Josh at easy WDW .com ;))

That week is just such a great week to go-crowds are good, weather is (usually) good, everything is decorated for Christmas, etc.:goodvibes

Thank you!! We are arriving later on Black Friday so we will just be hanging out at the resort that night. We have a park ticket for Saturday, but aren't sure we will venture in to the parks or not. I'm thinking about doing some resort hopping for most of the day to see Christmas decorations and then maybe doing either Fantasmic or Illuminations that night to get one done. I figure if we aren't planning on visiting parks that day, it won't be a waste to spend an hour or two waiting for a show.

For those who have done this before (newbie here), Is there any chance that we will know tonight for sure what the qualifications for FD are? Or, do we have to wait til it drops to know everything? I am assuming we gotta wait til it drops, but I have 6 different plans written down depending on a bunch of "what ifs". I feel like I could lose out on one of my back-ups because I am searching for my top choice... So, I may have to drop to choice 3,4, or 5. It would be nice to know what I am doing when it drops. I mean, its Disney for crying out loud... I could stay anywhere and still have a blast :) Feels like Christmas Eve right about now.

I just want to say good luck to everyone! I hope everyone gets what they want! Seems like it gets crazier every year. From my experience the past few years, just keep trying. keep refreshing online till you see it. If you have to call in, expect busy phone lines. Keep dialing. If you call in and get through and the music stops don't hang up! That commonly happens every year it seems like. You're still in the queue. Good luck and I'll check in when I get up for work in the morning when the boards come back up. pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

ok stupid question since everytime I ask anything no one actually answers me lol .... where do you go to actually upgrade on the website if you already have reservations.. Also if it doesn't work what is the best number to call . Last year I was on hold seriously for 3 hours. LOL Thankfully I had a great boss that definitely understood my madness lol but this year new boss and she doesn't even get why we keep going. whatever lol
Thanks!!

Hi, sorry as others have said this thread is really hard to keep up with and questions will definitely get lost. No stupid questions either! When I have done the free dining dance, I would book a new reservation online then cancelled my first reservation either by calling when things calmed down or doing it online if I had the cancellation button.

Keep in mind you won't get the original $200 deposit refunded for 7-10 business days.

If you are able to modify your reservation, click on the change button. Personally, I would be too concerned about screwing up my original reservation and not finding something that I wanted. I'm not aware of any special number to use if you decide to call. Good luck!

A little advice. Just cause you don't get what you want tomorrow it may become available over the next few days. We got POR last year over a month after free dining dropped. Ended up at ASsp to save some money, there were different resorts available every time we checked so anything can happen. :wizard:

I listened to everyone and didn't book ahead. I plan on waking up at around 3:45 AM and hoping that it didn't go live before then.
First choice: CSR Preferred Room.
Second choice: POR Royal Room (my dates are 8/26-9/2 so I should have POR included)

I have to work tonight (I'm a pearl girl so at least that's fun) if you're bored check out addicted to Oysters on Facebook and come chat lol! But will be constantly refreshing my phone to see if free dining drops early. If it does someone come holler at me.

This is excellent advice! Everything is rumor until Disney posts the offer but the rumors from those on here have traditionally been pretty spot on. Sometimes a minor variation in a date etc.

That's my plan as well. I've spoken to a lot of CMs over the past few weeks and surprisingly, I kept getting the same answers. THey all say that you can change anything except the resort without losing the gift card. If your reservation number changes, you will lose it. I'm not 100% on the date change because I'm not sure if the reservation number would change or not.
I just added a day to my reservation last night and the CM said it wouldn't affect the gift cards.

I also added days to our tickets a couple of weeks ago. I have 3 rooms booked, two I can modify online, the third I can't. I called in to do the third room and the CM said that changing the other two online would not affect the gift cards.

For those who have done this before (newbie here), Is there any chance that we will know tonight for sure what the qualifications for FD are? Or, do we have to wait til it drops to know everything? I am assuming we gotta wait til it drops, but I have 6 different plans written down depending on a bunch of "what ifs". I feel like I could lose out on one of my back-ups because I am searching for my top choice... So, I may have to drop to choice 3,4, or 5. It would be nice to know what I am doing when it drops. I mean, its Disney for crying out loud... I could stay anywhere and still have a blast :) Feels like Christmas Eve right about now.
I feel just like you! I have two main choices and if those don't work, I have two "Emergency Plans" :tongue:

I just added a day to my reservation last night and the CM said it wouldn't affect the gift cards.

I also added days to our tickets a couple of weeks ago. I have 3 rooms booked, two I can modify online, the third I can't. I called in to do the third room and the CM said that changing the other two online would not affect the gift cards.
When you add more dates do you get more cards?

Thank you!! We are arriving later on Black Friday so we will just be hanging out at the resort that night. We have a park ticket for Saturday, but aren't sure we will venture in to the parks or not. I'm thinking about doing some resort hopping for most of the day to see Christmas decorations and then maybe doing either Fantasmic or Illuminations that night to get one done. I figure if we aren't planning on visiting parks that day, it won't be a waste to spend an hour or two waiting for a show.
We were nervous about doing a park that Saturday last year, but it really wasn't bad. We did HS, and with a good FP plan, rode rides multiple times with little wait. I thought it was less crowded that day than Wednesday was at MK.

Starting to lose hope that we will be surprised and see MODS with the regular dining plan tomorrow. Too many rumors saying QS. So,

I am new here, so I keep hoping that Black, Ron, and Steve are wrong in the whole MODS get QS thing... I'd love to be at Coronado or POR, but I think I will try out a Value for the first time. POP would be choice number 1, but looks like many others have that as number 1 too.
2880 rooms at POP, you might end up having to book preferred but good chance you will be able to get a room there tomorrow.

I have been following FD for at least 5 years and honestly don't recall anyone posting that they could not get an FD room at some Value resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter