******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a pretty entitled mentality.

"Free" is a relative term. Free with the purchase of thousands of dollars of hotel/PHs is not exactly free. This whole thread is literally dedicated to the hope that this promo, offered by Disney to entire more people to spend money at WDW, will happen again this year. It's not entitled. It's the whole point of the last 500+ pages.

Edit: entice, not entire. Autocorrect.

I think the website is having some problems right now. When I search for my dates (9/14-9/19) it shows availability. But when I click on a hotel (namely POR and WL) it shows that every single room is booked. This also happens with another date range I'm looking at (9/7-9/12). Not sure if this is happening with other resorts or date ranges.
It's working fine for my dates (11/25-12/2). But this does sound like what happened the other night.

Joffrey's lattes every morning!

Last year this company had a sweet deal on their app I think it was like 30% off purchase. They also had coffee for $1 at all locations at WDW on National Coffee Day (which I never heard of). Hoping to see what they offer this year!

What is everyone planning on spending snack credits on? We will have 40 to use.
We did Free Dining last year... It was my first trip, so I made a big rookie mistake... I bought a starbucks every day as I entered the parks. It wasnt until the last day of my trip that I realized a Starbucks is a snack credit... So, I will be using mine on some Starbucks for sure :)

DH has to have his Starbucks every morning and usually again in the evening so lots of our snack credits go towards that. I'm really excited we get 2 snacks a day this year. That's 48 snacks for the 4 of us. I just wish we were visiting during F&W with all these snacks. For the rest of us we have to have LaFou's Brew from Gaston's and the Dole whip float and of course anything from Karamell Kuche.

I mean hoping we find out tomorrow so what is everyone betting on:

Mod gets QS or DDP?

Also:

3 days
3 hours
33 minutes
33 seconds

Oh yeah!

I'm really hoping mods get DDP. It's an extra $508 for us to upgrade to DDP.

Since the QS locations will not longer give desserts I will definitely be using a snack credit on a Strawberry cream cheese cupcake at BOG lunch.
Beyond that maybe something from F&W otherwise just my norm which while others find it a waste I find it worth getting when on FD and that is a bottle of chocolate milk. It quenches my thirst and also helps to make me full without feeling disgustingly full like many of the heavy snacks do.

I mean hoping we find out tomorrow so what is everyone betting on:

Mod gets QS or DDP?

Also:

3 days
3 hours
33 minutes
33 seconds

Oh yeah!

My thought is that many people will opt to stay cheaper and upgrade to DDP rather than stay at a mod if only QSDP is offered to mods.
My plan is to stay cheaper and not even upgrade if DDP is not offered at mods.
Of course Disney will still be raking in the dough but I suspect not nearly as much as they want if they don't offer DDP to mods.

My thought is that many people will opt to stay cheaper and upgrade to DDP rather than stay at a mod if only QSDP is offered to mods.
My plan is to stay cheaper and not even upgrade if DDP is not offered at mods.
Of course Disney will still be raking in the dough but I suspect not nearly as much as they want if they don't offer DDP to mods.
If I'm able to get FD, I won't be upgrading to DDP. It's getting too expensive and I don't want to have to have such a structured day. Now that we need to book our FP+ it's enough with that being structured.

If I don't get FD, I have a back up plan with a good room discount and the Canadian Ticket offer. I will be able to get some free food from the Starbucks locations since I earn at least $25 a month in Gift Cards from Swagbucks. I already have enough to redeem $25 each month until I go to WDW. The rest I will pay for.

I'm happy with either plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter