******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which value resort s are to be excluded? Why is Pop so popular? Thinking of booking two roons for two adults, twins Age 8 , and my 11 year old.Do I just book two rooms and pay deposit twice? Worried if FD drops I wont be able to book both rooms under it.How do I make sure I get both under FD and are adjoining? Was thinking of booking two rooms at Pop should I do AOA , its more though but holds six in one suite.

Usually little mermaid rooms at AoA and All star movies are excluded from FD. A suite would be more but ensures you're all together. There's no guarantee on adjoining rooms if you go that route.

Just called Disney about Disney Visa early offer and the cast member was, of course, not able to say anything, BUT she did say "I would DEFINITELY be on the lookout for a Disney Visa Dining offer coming VERY soon". I don't know if that means Visa will drop tomorrow or will drop with everyone else Monday but worth a wake up for those who care :-).

Did anyone book moderate and switch to deluxe and found out it saved them more? I've looked at the numbers and I'm getting $2000+ more to switch to a deluxe hotel/villa.

We're a party of 5a, 1c (2y/o) and have 2 standards in CSR, 4 PH tickets, 7N/8D. I was looking at the numbers, even if moderates only get QSD and upgrade to DDP, it's $2000+ to switch to deluxe. Am I missing something here?

It is almost always cheaper to book a RO offer than FD when talking Deluxe.

Just called Disney about Disney Visa early offer and the cast member was, of course, not able to say anything, BUT she did say "I would DEFINITELY be on the lookout for a Disney Visa Dining offer coming VERY soon". I don't know if that means Visa will drop tomorrow or will drop with everyone else Monday but worth a wake up for those who care :-).

That would be awesome!!!!! I was chatting with a CM today as well, just trying to see if anyone is willing to give me any tiny bit of information. All he would say is, "Keep checking the specials page." But, after I asked for the 3rd time, he said, "keep checking the specials page, shortly." Again, might mean nothing, but I really hope this drops soon. It is testing my patience. lol :)

Slightly :offtopic: and maybe its already been done, but what are your favorite quick service restaurants? I've made ADRs for all our TS credits already but never think of the QS options in advance.

Slightly :offtopic: and maybe its already been done, but what are your favorite quick service restaurants? I've made ADRs for all our TS credits already but never think of the QS options in advance.
Flametree (AK)
Pecos Bills / Columbia Harbour House (MK)
Backlot Express (DHS)
Sunshine Seasons (EPCOT)

Epcot
Mexico
Sunshine seasons
And believe it or not America has a really good burger!

MK
Columbia Harbor House

AK
Flame tree

I try to avoid eating at HW....not impressed! Lol

I emailed my TA yesterday and told her about this rumor and gave her our new preferences, since we're currently booked at Movies, which I didn't know was traditionally excluded from the FD offer. Told her we'd be willing to stay at a Preferred room in one of the other All-Stars if she could get one with FD. I heard both 12/3-12/23 and 12/8-12/23...we are covered either way since we arrive on the 8th. But I think if we can't get a preferred room at one of the other resorts we'll just leave it be and pay for our dining, as much as it galls us. We're two Old Bats and just cannot do all the walking at the end of the night.

It is almost always cheaper to book a RO offer than FD when talking Deluxe.

Agree in most cases with the exception being if the RO discount is only good for a few nights of your stay. FD is good for the length of stay if your check in falls within the offer.

Just not in the same spot but it is on mousesavers:

8/1/16-11/5/16 20%-30% off room-only rates for the general public (also bookable as package) 4/25/16, exp

So staying at WL 10/25-11/2. We know FD isn't happening but for DW and I discount should be good enough. You thinking a RO would still happen for these dates?
When we booked CM eluded to us that we should expect a RO in the future.

Here's one:

What is your least favorite TS?

Hands down...Garden Grill, which we got after a reservation change toward the end of our trip...and after following up after the likes of Tusker House, Narcoosse's, CRT, etc...very disappointing. Long wait even with ADR and bland mediocre food. Meeting Chip and Dale was nice but not worth it.

Here's one:

Hands down...Garden Grill, which we got after a reservation change toward the end of our trip.. It was also at the end of our trip and after following up after the likes of Tusker House, Narcoosse's, CRT, etc...very disappointing. Long wait even with ADR and bland mediocre food. Meeting Chip and Dale was nice but not worth it.

Ohana for us. Was good many years ago but has gone down hill. We liked it especially when they had fresh pineapple and warm caramel sauce for dessert.

This is true $900 is a lot to spend on souvenirs. We have never spent close to that! Maybe IF I can snag the QSDP at CBR can I always wait to decide if I want to upgrade? My plans change frequently when I discover something new I want to try. $900 in GC with QSDP and the cost of upgrade if a lot of food. Right? Dessert isn't necessary, we only ever got it because it was part of the plan.

I didn't get the gc but if I had. 9 night x $75 = $675.

$200 for alcohol (only dh but some drinks $10-20 a piece)
$100 souvenirs
$25 for 1 mug we always buy this as our souvenir
$200 for tips
$40 for 1 new pin each
$110 1 meal OOP

Pretty easy. Once I get my package paid off I'll need about $1000 extra to pay those things above and to kennel the dogs. Lol!!

So it is a savings (at least for me) but not really off the room rate but has to be factored in as money saved. Now if you won't buy any souvenirs or drink at all. Then $675 is too much for just tips.

Here's one:

Hands down...Garden Grill, which we got after a reservation change toward the end of our trip...and after following up after the likes of Tusker House, Narcoosse's, CRT, etc...very disappointing. Long wait even with ADR and bland mediocre food. Meeting Chip and Dale was nice but not worth it.

Chef mickeys

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter